Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 6 ]  [ Total: 6 ]  [ Newest Member: Strummer ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 HO Scale Slot Cars
 The Slot
 Slot Car Track Power Taps.
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Tyco Slot Car Ads Topic Next Topic: slot trucks  

walt
Big Boy

Tyco Yum

Posted - February 25 2017 :  3:53:38 PM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add walt to Buddylist
I have had my fairly large slot car track set up for a while and have been using all four lanes daily just to keep the contact rails clean. From day one I noticed that the cars slowed down as they got farther away from the terminal track. I had read about the "power taps" but had never used them. Last night I decided to try one power tap that I quickly wired on top of my table. I could not believe the crazy speed the car reached as it was in the area of the new terminal track. Unbelievable! I have many terminals to add around my layout for taps. This is going to be fun!!

Edited by - walt on February 26 2017 12:48:51 AM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 6279  ~  Member Since: February 18 2009  ~  Last Visit: March 04 2022 Alert Moderator 

AMC_Gremlin_GT
Big Boy

GremlinBL2

Posted - February 25 2017 :  10:57:44 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT an AOL message  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT a Yahoo! Message  Add AMC_Gremlin_GT to Buddylist
No different than a large layout, i imagine, running extra power feeds will help the track keep up the power all the way around. Never seen a big enough slot car track "layout" to wonder if that would have the same effect....I guess it does.

Jerry

" When life throws you bananas...it's easy to slip up"
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3974  ~  Member Since: January 04 2009  ~  Last Visit: January 11 2019 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - February 25 2017 :  11:57:33 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Shoot some viddy! (Then go on You Tube and add a little background music.
What I do is lay down the sound track first, then edit the video to fit the alloted
play time).

A friend gave me a Life Like slot/rail crossing. I am planning on ripping out the
Tyco Expander Layout and rebuilding a layout with slot/rail crossing(s).
Any ideas for a track plan in a 4x8?

Edited by - Chops124 on February 25 2017 11:59:38 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11192  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 17 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

walt
Big Boy

Tyco Yum

Posted - February 26 2017 :  01:02:33 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add walt to Buddylist
Jerry, I couldn't believe how much the power tap add. I have some long straightaways, one is 18 feet and the other is 15 with a few other 8 and 6 footers. The one tap that I added trippled the power that was in that section before... Plus, I'm running a separate transformer for all four lanes.

Jeff, I plan on some video and even received a new Nikon camera at Christmas. I need to dig out one of my memory cards to put in it. I had a 4X8 layout with crossings as a kid and all I remember is we had a blast with it! The only track plan I have is that one that I will never forget. Whatever you come up with will be fun!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 6279  ~  Member Since: February 18 2009  ~  Last Visit: March 04 2022 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: Tyco Slot Car Ads Topic Next Topic: slot trucks  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.23 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000