Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 26 ]  [ Total: 26 ]  [ Newest Member: cobranut427 ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 General HO Train Discussions
 Loose Ends
 Tribute to Gene Wilder - Tyco "Silver Streak"
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Gene Wilder dead at 83 Topic Next Topic: Mantua Classics  

DanMacK

SilverStreak

Posted - September 01 2016 :  2:09:42 PM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add DanMacK to Buddylist
I've been thinking for awhile what a Tyco movie tie-in with "Silver Streak" would look like. Gene Wilder's passing and another watch of Silver Streak spurred me to do this.

I'd picture a Brown Box set. I'd personally design 2 versions. A smaller oval set featuring an F9, combine, coach and observation would be the basic set.

Deluxe set would include a turnout to a side-track and a cardboard station for a recreation of the Finale. (Which might void your warranty if done too fast)

Now I need to make some Amroad decals...

Edited by - DanMacK on September 01 2016 4:30:18 PM
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 429  ~  Member Since: January 01 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 14 2021 Alert Moderator 

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - September 01 2016 :  3:24:06 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
ok Obsevation is wrong as it was a dome car
the only loco that exists now is #4070

you make them SS decals you make 2 more sets for ME!!

we all know this is a thinly disguised CP Rail train

this another reason I wants the L.A. railroad station Walther's makes

all chevrons on the AMroad signs on the loco face forward on both sides of loco

http://www.deviantart.com/browse/all/artisan/?view_mode=2&order=5&q=diesel+engines

Edited by - microbusss on September 01 2016 3:31:10 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14690  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: April 30 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

DanMacK

SilverStreak

Posted - September 01 2016 :  3:41:57 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add DanMacK to Buddylist
I know it was a Dome Obs (Kokanee Park to be exact), but Tyco never made a Dome Obs ;)

I'll fix the decals :P
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 429  ~  Member Since: January 01 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 14 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

JNXT 7707
Big Boy

Posted - September 01 2016 :  3:43:07 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add JNXT 7707 to Buddylist
Put me down for a deluxe set!

That train wouldn't be that hard to duplicate, the graphics aren't that complicated. Do it!

http://tycodepot.com/
 Posts: 2451  ~  Member Since: April 11 2013  ~  Last Visit: June 26 2019 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

DanMacK

SilverStreak

Posted - September 01 2016 :  4:30:52 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add DanMacK to Buddylist
Chevrons fixed :D
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 429  ~  Member Since: January 01 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 14 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Redwoods
Big Boy

NWPAvatar

Posted - September 01 2016 :  6:13:49 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Redwoods to Buddylist
Sweet!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1083  ~  Member Since: July 07 2011  ~  Last Visit: April 30 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

DanMacK

SilverStreak

Posted - September 01 2016 :  6:17:53 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add DanMacK to Buddylist
If I were to actually do a "shorty" version, I'd kitbash a Dome Obs from LL Parts

Redwoods
Big Boy

NWPAvatar

Posted - September 01 2016 :  6:22:32 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Redwoods to Buddylist
quote:
If I were to actually do a "shorty" version, I'd kitbash a Dome Obs from LL Parts

Originally posted by DanMacK - September 01 2016 :  6:17:53 PM

That's a great idea. Another possible source for the dome is a old ATT or Tri-ang dome-obs. The dome portion on those are really nice.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1083  ~  Member Since: July 07 2011  ~  Last Visit: April 30 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - September 01 2016 :  6:41:19 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
quote:
I know it was a Dome Obs (Kokanee Park to be exact), but Tyco never made a Dome Obs ;)

I'll fix the decals :P

Originally posted by DanMacK - September 01 2016 :  3:41:57 PM

dumb thing is all cars are still in service!

thats better
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14690  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: April 30 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: Gene Wilder dead at 83 Topic Next Topic: Mantua Classics  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.23 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000