Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 7 ]  [ Total: 7 ]  [ Newest Member: Yellow_TankCar ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 General HO Train Discussions
 Loose Ends
 My HO Scale Finds
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Back Again Topic Next Topic: can''t get in here  

DanMacK

SilverStreak

Posted - August 27 2016 :  02:06:13 AM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add DanMacK to Buddylist
So the wife got some new clothes, so I knew of a thrift store that had a Shifter and a few freight cars for sale for $30. In addition to the Shifter, there was the standard ATSF caboose, operating Burlington boxcar (with no boxes or ramp), Holly Sugar hopper (no ramp), and a couple ofther cars. There was also a basket case of a 4-6-0 with no tender load, no stack or pilot truck. I thought that was included, but it was $20 separate. Talked him down to $40, and went to look at the other two big bins of HO he had. He'd offered me one with 3 powered locos, a Mantua CP rail dummy, CP rail caboose and a few other freight cars for $30 awhile back (Same place I got my Turbo train and UA-1 stuff at). He also had a larger bin for $75. He threw in a remote and manual tyco switch as well as a trestle set and said I could have the lot for $100.

Well, the wife had gotten some Coca Cola stuff totaling $32, so I asked him if he could throw that and the stuff at the front in as well. He said "yes" not realizing I hadn't paid for the Shifter or 4-6-0 yet... lol The counter was a bit of a negotiation, but I've been a good customer there (and I have my eye on a LL Chessie set, Trix Twin Canadian Pacific and a Tri-Ang CN set he's got as well). All I had in my wallet was $100. I got it all for that. Figuring a deal of $20 for the wife's Coke stuff, I paid $80 for all this.

Locos include a Bachmann GP40 (with intact handrails!), the shifter, the 4-6-0, a powered and dummy pair of MU-2 Mantua F7's, a Model Power F2 and a Bachmann F7. The GP40 growls a bit, but runs good. The Mantua and Bachmann F7's need a good cleaning. There's contact, but they barely move, wheels are black. The F2 runs, but it's missing a universal joint on the last truck (easy enough to fix). Ironically, the best runner is the Mantua 4-6-0 that looks like it got hit by a train!

I did find the pilot truck and tender load in one of the other boxes (good thing I took them all... lol)

Interesting pieces are the two passenger coaches. They appear to be Frateschi from Brazil. (They have "Made in Brazil" cast on the bottom) Only one truck pin is there, but I have all 4 trucks. They must be older because Frateschi's current offerings don't include CN. There are alot of Tyco cars, a few Athearns, a couple Cox and a couple Life-Like.

There's also 3 Tycopacks, a Bachmann red-knob pack and an Transrail Autopulse throttle. As well, there's a crapload of Steel EZ track, and a trainload of brass. I thought I needed a couple more turnouts for my layout... Nope!

The real oddballs are the Marx boxcar and the toy train gondola. I have plans for the gon, not sure what's happening with the Marx box.

Thoughts on the score? Did I do good? lol

Dan

Edited by - DanMacK on September 29 2016 7:39:42 PM
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 429  ~  Member Since: January 01 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 14 2021 Alert Moderator 

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - August 27 2016 :  11:34:58 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
Good find. Lots of Tyco stuff there. You should bring your camera with you to take photos of what you didn't get, so we here can tell you what good stuff you left behind. The buss is very good at that.
frank

toptrain

" It's a Heck of a Day " !!!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 7504  ~  Member Since: August 07 2008  ~  Last Visit: February 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - August 27 2016 :  4:20:59 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
CP Rail is a WANT!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14696  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: May 15 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

DanMacK

SilverStreak

Posted - August 27 2016 :  6:20:16 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add DanMacK to Buddylist
Forum was being stubborn last night, I do have more pics of what I got (not what I didn't get)
Edited by - DanMacK on August 27 2016 6:27:38 PM
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 429  ~  Member Since: January 01 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 14 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

thesiding
Big Boy

LionelSince1900Avatar

Posted - August 30 2016 :  9:00:38 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add thesiding to Buddylist
ye did great
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1063  ~  Member Since: August 19 2011  ~  Last Visit: May 18 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

fourteen
Little Six

RockIslandAvatar

Posted - August 31 2016 :  01:39:11 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add fourteen to Buddylist
wow good haul
Modeling on the cheap
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 137  ~  Member Since: December 08 2015  ~  Last Visit: June 26 2017 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

raysouthernpac
Big Boy

PacificElectricAvatar

Posted - August 31 2016 :  11:44:31 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add raysouthernpac to Buddylist
quote:
CP Rail is a WANT!

Originally posted by microbusss - August 27 2016 :  4:20:59 PM

I have never seen or heard of something that you didn't WANT.

If you are not having fun, you are not doing it right.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 880  ~  Member Since: August 31 2011  ~  Last Visit: May 13 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

DanMacK

SilverStreak

Posted - September 29 2016 :  8:05:40 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add DanMacK to Buddylist
Another major score. Our "Craigslist", Kijiji had a major Tyco collection (and misc other stuff) for sale. 10 locos in boxes, tons of cars, accessories, track... etc.

Here's what I got.

A load of TruSteel track, all carded. I plan to use the 15"R for a show layout.

Accessories - Some still sealed! (The Piggyback set's mine, but I'll see about the others, lol)

A couple Athearn locos, a Bachmann and a Life-like...

These weren't in the pictures and were a complete surprise...

Lionel/Rivarossi 0-4-0T, Rivarossi 4-6-4 (Sans pilot), and an MDC 4-6-0. All the steam needs work. Anyone have a 'Rossi Hudson pilot?

There was also this disassembled AHM 0-4-0 Shifter

Now for the good stuff...

Tyco rolling stock - All in box, most in original boxes. There were also some loose cars (tyco and non) needing help.

A few Trollies (All PT, all MIB) - 2 Main St, two Nob Hill

And the locos... 10 locos, all powered. Haven't tested yet, but I'm going to.

Edited by - DanMacK on September 29 2016 8:08:32 PM
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 429  ~  Member Since: January 01 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 14 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Redneck Justin
Big Boy

The Young Dr.Frankenstein!

Posted - September 29 2016 :  8:13:41 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Redneck Justin to Buddylist
Nice score!
" Heck with counting 'em rivets, TRAINS ARE FOR FUN! Not called the Mad Scientist for nothing either!"
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3145  ~  Member Since: May 07 2007  ~  Last Visit: April 04 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

kristofer4301
Hudson

meirl

Posted - September 29 2016 :  9:13:07 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add kristofer4301 to Buddylist
quote:
Another major score. Our "Craigslist", Kijiji had a major Tyco collection (and misc other stuff) for sale. 10 locos in boxes, tons of cars, accessories, track... etc.

Here's what I got.

A load of TruSteel track, all carded. I plan to use the 15"R for a show layout.

Accessories - Some still sealed! (The Piggyback set's mine, but I'll see about the others, lol)

A couple Athearn locos, a Bachmann and a Life-like...

These weren't in the pictures and were a complete surprise...

Lionel/Rivarossi 0-4-0T, Rivarossi 4-6-4 (Sans pilot), and an MDC 4-6-0. All the steam needs work. Anyone have a 'Rossi Hudson pilot?

There was also this disassembled AHM 0-4-0 Shifter

Now for the good stuff...

Tyco rolling stock - All in box, most in original boxes. There were also some loose cars (tyco and non) needing help.

A few Trollies (All PT, all MIB) - 2 Main St, two Nob Hill

And the locos... 10 locos, all powered. Haven't tested yet, but I'm going to.

Originally posted by DanMacK - September 29 2016 :  8:05:40 PM

WOW LOOK AT ALL THOSE BLUE BONNETS! AND 2 CANADIANAS BOXED! Thats a killer score!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 412  ~  Member Since: October 23 2015  ~  Last Visit: June 12 2022 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - September 29 2016 :  10:27:17 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
still want the CP locos
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14696  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: May 15 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

ZeldaTheSwordsman
Mikado

G2 Slingshot

Posted - September 29 2016 :  11:52:24 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add ZeldaTheSwordsman to Buddylist
That's quite the haul you have there. I envy you those steamers, the Texaco tanker, and to a lesser extent the one crossing and some of the building kits
Feedback-hungry attention w****
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 750  ~  Member Since: December 05 2015  ~  Last Visit: January 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - September 29 2016 :  11:57:47 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
well I don't envy you for lots of this stuffs
Like the Superman boxcar considering I got ALL 4 of them DC Super Hero cars

course do want the CP Rail stuffs hehe

DanMacK

SilverStreak

Posted - September 30 2016 :  1:47:07 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add DanMacK to Buddylist
The Superman is literally MIOB. I personally want the Batman one

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - September 30 2016 :  8:44:01 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Holy Tyco, Batman!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11211  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: May 18 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

DanMacK

SilverStreak

Posted - September 30 2016 :  9:04:25 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add DanMacK to Buddylist
The locos and trollies are barely track-run

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - September 30 2016 :  11:03:56 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
quote:
The Superman is literally MIOB. I personally want the Batman one
Originally posted by DanMacK - September 30 2016 :  1:47:07 PM

why get that one?
When you can has all 4!

thesiding
Big Boy

LionelSince1900Avatar

Posted - May 01 2017 :  9:20:56 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add thesiding to Buddylist
OK EVERYONE Here's one for you

A classic Blue Box

Sorting through stuff pulled this out AND

need the money

Will be on e bay as of this evening

Tried it the headlight works

check avinathan after 12 AM on e bay
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1063  ~  Member Since: August 19 2011  ~  Last Visit: May 18 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - May 02 2017 :  01:41:45 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11211  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: May 18 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

wks
Big Boy

parrot2015

Posted - April 22 2021 :  12:22:37 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wks to Buddylist

Yesssssssssssssssssssssss!

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 5977  ~  Member Since: February 12 2014  ~  Last Visit: May 18 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

wks
Big Boy

parrot2015

Posted - January 21 2022 :  3:17:00 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wks to Buddylist

Some nice items shown here.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 5977  ~  Member Since: February 12 2014  ~  Last Visit: May 18 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: Back Again Topic Next Topic: can''t get in here  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.25 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000