Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 15 ]  [ Total: 15 ]  [ Newest Member: Strummer ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 General HO Train Discussions
 Introduce yourself.
 Long Time Lurker, 2nd Time Posting
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Mantua/Tyco motors Topic Next Topic: Howdy to Everyone  

kristofer4301
Hudson

meirl

Posted - August 15 2016 :  11:43:05 PM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add kristofer4301 to Buddylist
Hi guys I'm Kris. I've been collecting model trains and model railroading since I was about 4. I am 19 years old and live in Western NC. I am currently in college but still find plenty of time to acquire trains and just learn more about the hobby. I have visited this forum many times over the years. I believe I first started collecting Tyco about 6 years ago. I believe I saw a Brian's Tyco (watchnu2) video and after learning about the brand and its "uniqueness" I became hooked. I have a decent collection of Tyco trains. Recently I have been trying to acquire mint "high tier" Tyco items. I absolutely love the Spirit of 76 line of trains. It is by far my favorite paint scheme and line of Tyco trains. My top Tyco possession is a mint early version of the Super 630 in the blue packaging. I also love postwar Lionel and have a decent collection that. Most notable a very clean set of 2343s. When I am not collecting and working on trains I am normally playing video games such as Counter Strike. I also love to play the guitar. Anyways, I have always loved this website and Tyco so expect to see more of me and my trains as I continue to grow my collection!

Side note: it appears goingincirclez.com has been shut down (RIP). SpiderJ had a lot of cool photos and stories on there. Sad to see it go.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 412  ~  Member Since: October 23 2015  ~  Last Visit: June 12 2022 Alert Moderator 

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - August 16 2016 :  07:44:49 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
Welcome Kris. As a old guy it is great to see a young person like yourself getting into the hobby. You also said some post war Lionel. Two different gauges. I am just a HO'er. If you are looking for something, put a post in the trading post asking if someone has one to trade or sell. Never can tell here what will happen. We do have some unique modelers that want everything.
Good luck with you Hobby. It will be whatever you make of it. Enjoy it Kris.
O yea, bring on the pictures.
frank

toptrain

" It's a Heck of a Day " !!!

Edited by - toptrain on August 16 2016 07:50:48 AM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 7504  ~  Member Since: August 07 2008  ~  Last Visit: February 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

GG-1 Guy
Mikado

GG-1

Posted - August 16 2016 :  08:06:40 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add GG-1 Guy to Buddylist
Yea, I noticed that GIC web-site was OOC a few weeks ago. Luckily, I downloaded all his Photos (For my own use GIC) so I could verify which ones I was missing (Which isn't many). I hope he gets it back up soon though.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 664  ~  Member Since: May 05 2012  ~  Last Visit: March 16 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - August 16 2016 :  10:34:11 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
welcome to the club
I have some extra train stuffs but atm idk where they're at
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14689  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: April 19 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

thesiding
Big Boy

LionelSince1900Avatar

Posted - August 16 2016 :  11:20:43 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add thesiding to Buddylist
Nice to see a young guy here as I gradually approach the 50 mark and that STILL makes me one of the youngest here( no offense anyone)

Sale I went to recently was one of the youngers ones BUT not the youngest

Sadly when their turn came alot of stuff was gone

I had (and still do) the original Spirit of 76 I got for Chritsmas in 1974
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1063  ~  Member Since: August 19 2011  ~  Last Visit: April 19 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

AMC_Gremlin_GT
Big Boy

GremlinBL2

Posted - August 16 2016 :  8:31:51 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT an AOL message  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT a Yahoo! Message  Add AMC_Gremlin_GT to Buddylist
Don't be afraid to post, Kris, we welcome ALL postings, no matter age or experience. :) I'm 56, I didn't get heavily into collecting until I bought my first house at age 39, and by age 42 I was back into trains heavily after many decades of absence. I still have my childhood Tyco trains and Lionel O gauge scout set. I've acquired G, S, TT, N, and Z gauges just in the last 7-8 years.
My preference is HO, but I love all trains, and work at a train store repairing customer's old trains ( and some new ones ). Love to see pictures of your premium grade Tyco trains, please post them when you get the time and photos. :D

Jerry in nothern VA

" When life throws you bananas...it's easy to slip up"
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3974  ~  Member Since: January 04 2009  ~  Last Visit: January 11 2019 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

kristofer4301
Hudson

meirl

Posted - August 16 2016 :  8:51:15 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add kristofer4301 to Buddylist
Thanks for all the comments guys. Ill probably post the most in the Loco of the week. I love seeing all of the different brass trains you guys post. I do have a couple of niche Tyco pieces that I "need." To acquire to my collection. The coolest (in my opinion) and possibly the rarest would be a Presidential sealed mint Alco 430. I might make a post about mint Sof76 items on the trading post in a few weeks (need to take it easy just scored some sick stuff on eBay last night.) Anyways thanks for being very friendly and open and expect to see more of me!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 412  ~  Member Since: October 23 2015  ~  Last Visit: June 12 2022 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Redwoods
Big Boy

NWPAvatar

Posted - August 16 2016 :  9:02:12 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Redwoods to Buddylist
Welcome! I look forward to seeing your posts.

-Thomas
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1083  ~  Member Since: July 07 2011  ~  Last Visit: April 17 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

walt
Big Boy

Tyco Yum

Posted - August 16 2016 :  10:45:38 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add walt to Buddylist
Welcome, Kris! Have fun on the forum...
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 6279  ~  Member Since: February 18 2009  ~  Last Visit: March 04 2022 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: Mantua/Tyco motors Topic Next Topic: Howdy to Everyone  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.25 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000