Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 37 ]  [ Total: 37 ]  [ Newest Member: Stan ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 General HO Train Discussions
 Identification Station
 HO Passenger Set ID ?
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: wooden tugboat  HO scale? Topic Next Topic: hobby house canada  

walt
Big Boy

Tyco Yum

Posted - December 06 2015 :  11:00:57 PM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add walt to Buddylist

Edited by - walt on December 06 2015 11:12:26 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 6279  ~  Member Since: February 18 2009  ~  Last Visit: March 04 2022 Alert Moderator 

Redneck Justin
Big Boy

The Young Dr.Frankenstein!

Posted - December 06 2015 :  11:08:35 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Redneck Justin to Buddylist
Frank or Ken ought to know. Maybe Chops as well. That's a nice set!
" Heck with counting 'em rivets, TRAINS ARE FOR FUN! Not called the Mad Scientist for nothing either!"
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3145  ~  Member Since: May 07 2007  ~  Last Visit: March 25 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

jbsmith966
Big Six

Scooter, with a 75mm Recoiless Rifle !

Posted - December 07 2015 :  12:36:28 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add jbsmith966 to Buddylist
Bachmann Orient Express set.

http://www.ho-scaletrains.net/bachmannhoscaletrainsets/id53.html

Edited by - jbsmith966 on December 07 2015 12:43:13 AM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 245  ~  Member Since: May 05 2010  ~  Last Visit: December 04 2016 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

catfordken

SREnglishGentlemanAvatar

Posted - December 07 2015 :  07:59:05 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send catfordken a Yahoo! Message  Add catfordken to Buddylist
it was imported by bachmann,but was actually made by jouef of france,ken

catfordken
if you cannot see the light at the end of the tunnel,try turning around

Edited by - catfordken on December 07 2015 08:03:15 AM
 Country: United Kingdom  ~  Posts: 8294  ~  Member Since: September 28 2006  ~  Last Visit: October 20 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - December 07 2015 :  08:01:19 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
JB got it right tho----- ! To look at a set, especially that one, where other have made dead ringers Loco and all, a peak at the bottom will tell is it is Jouef, Hornby, Marklin, Rivarossi, Bachmann or who ever really made it. I have the Jouef set complete just with a repainted locomotive, because the PGW has a commitment to run this train with both Jouef and Triang cars. I had the Rivarossi loco with a couple of car, but the loco is gone now, traded away. I have cars by Electrotren ( liliput), Rivarossi, Mehano, and somebody else. Kenny or Erich can give a more complete and exact list of the other manufactures. It is a very colorful train and looks great running.
* If you got that one, enjoy, it is a beautiful, fun one.
frank

toptrain

" It's a Heck of a Day " !!!

Edited by - toptrain on December 07 2015 08:04:50 AM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 7504  ~  Member Since: August 07 2008  ~  Last Visit: February 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - December 07 2015 :  08:29:44 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
Here are a couple of the cars I have.
frank

toptrain

" It's a Heck of a Day " !!!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 7504  ~  Member Since: August 07 2008  ~  Last Visit: February 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

kovacste000
Big Boy

Daylight 4449

Posted - December 07 2015 :  09:29:23 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add kovacste000 to Buddylist
Jouef made this set, as catfordken said. The thing is, though, Bachmann actually distributed it here in the United States back in 1985 - 1986.
http://www.ho-scaletrains.net/bachmannhoscaletrainsets/id53.html

-Steve

"A lot of modellers out there who go to these train shows see broken HO stuff and go, 'This is useless' when, in reality, they can still be used for modeling whether it's as a prop on your layout or a cool project to make something old new again."

Edited by - kovacste000 on December 07 2015 09:30:02 AM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3533  ~  Member Since: February 17 2014  ~  Last Visit: January 11 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

walt
Big Boy

Tyco Yum

Posted - December 07 2015 :  11:32:48 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add walt to Buddylist
Thanks to all of You for the info. A seller on ebay made a small mistake on Atlas switches by offering more of them than he had. (he mis-counted) I told him it was not a big deal to me and everyone makes mistakes. He refunded to me 3 times more than the sale actually was which I begged him to only refund the exact amount. He stated he liked dealing with me because I didn't expect anything for nothing.

A day later he contacted me and said he had a few pieces of hobby trains that he had no use for as he sold higher dollar electronics. He wanted to send them to me. I encouraged him to put them on ebay and make some money but he later sent me a USPS tracking number for the sent box.

In that large box was this train set, some buildings, a few rail cars and some G scale pieces. One large sandwich bag with HO painted people and animals, this and that ETC... Two buildings are new in box & bags... I'm still shocked over what all he sent.

I've dealt with some REALLY nice people on ebay!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 6279  ~  Member Since: February 18 2009  ~  Last Visit: March 04 2022 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

wks
Big Boy

parrot2015

Posted - February 09 2021 :  9:38:54 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wks to Buddylist

Some nice cars from across the pond.

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 5776  ~  Member Since: February 12 2014  ~  Last Visit: March 28 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

kovacste000
Big Boy

Daylight 4449

Posted - February 10 2021 :  6:31:54 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add kovacste000 to Buddylist
quote:
Thanks to all of You for the info. A seller on ebay made a small mistake on Atlas switches by offering more of them than he had. (he mis-counted) I told him it was not a big deal to me and everyone makes mistakes. He refunded to me 3 times more than the sale actually was which I begged him to only refund the exact amount. He stated he liked dealing with me because I didn't expect anything for nothing.

A day later he contacted me and said he had a few pieces of hobby trains that he had no use for as he sold higher dollar electronics. He wanted to send them to me. I encouraged him to put them on ebay and make some money but he later sent me a USPS tracking number for the sent box.

In that large box was this train set, some buildings, a few rail cars and some G scale pieces. One large sandwich bag with HO painted people and animals, this and that ETC... Two buildings are new in box & bags... I'm still shocked over what all he sent.

I've dealt with some REALLY nice people on ebay!

Originally posted by walt - December 07 2015 :  11:32:48 AM

Wow. These sets by themselves literally go for anywhere between $150-$200 on Ebay. Amazing he just gave them away like that. Beautiful set, frankly. Have a few Jouef pieces myself, and they're great little locos for how little they can be had for (got a Jouef 0-6-0 new in the box for only $20 off of Ebay). I will say, they do feel quite plasticky, but they're not bad all things considered.

-Steve

"A lot of modellers out there who go to these train shows see broken HO stuff and go, 'This is useless' when, in reality, they can still be used for modeling whether it's as a prop on your layout or a cool project to make something old new again."
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3533  ~  Member Since: February 17 2014  ~  Last Visit: January 11 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: wooden tugboat  HO scale? Topic Next Topic: hobby house canada  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000