Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 13 ]  [ Total: 13 ]  [ Newest Member: Rohan4301 ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 Other Great HO Trains
 American Flyer (Gilbert)
 OT, but.. Gilbert S cale 4-4-2: is there a forum?
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: American Flyer drive shaft help Topic Next Topic: Has Anyone Ever Seen...  

DennisT
Switcher

Posted - September 20 2015 :  02:00:21 AM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add DennisT to Buddylist
I have AF/Gilbert HO, 0-6-0's mostly, and have posted, enjoyed, learned here in the past. Yesterday I saved from a potentially grim destiny, an S scale Gilbert 4-4-2, No.,"303." It looks all there. Came in filthy box with 2 power packs, 3 broken cars; one good gondola and not much else. I know this is off-topic from HO here, but does anyone know where I can go for a Gilbert S scale forum? I can't find much. I don't even want to put power to this locomotive until I can do my homework. At first I just bought it to save it, intending to pass it on to an S-gauger at next months' train show. However, I'm looking at it more and becoming fond of the danged thing. Where can I learn how to fire it up and care for it? Thanks, Dennis in E WA
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 5  ~  Member Since: March 26 2013  ~  Last Visit: October 16 2015 Alert Moderator 

Admin
Forum Admin

GilbertBuildingAvatar

Posted - September 20 2015 :  10:41:41 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Admin to Buddylist
modeltrainforum.com has an S Scale forum. I would imagine the majority of that forum concerns Flyer.

You can post all you want here regardless of scale.

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 80  ~  Member Since: July 25 2001  ~  Last Visit: April 08 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - September 20 2015 :  3:14:53 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
Don't look under Gilbert, but American Flyer. Maybe something will show up.
toptrain

" It's a Heck of a Day " !!!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 7504  ~  Member Since: August 07 2008  ~  Last Visit: February 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Redneck Justin
Big Boy

The Young Dr.Frankenstein!

Posted - September 21 2015 :  4:53:01 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Redneck Justin to Buddylist
They're easy to tune up. Uses AC power. The Model Train Forum maybe more helpful. I had to learn on my own with American Flyer until I got looking around on the internet.
" Heck with counting 'em rivets, TRAINS ARE FOR FUN! Not called the Mad Scientist for nothing either!"
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3145  ~  Member Since: May 07 2007  ~  Last Visit: April 04 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: American Flyer drive shaft help Topic Next Topic: Has Anyone Ever Seen...  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000