Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 13 ]  [ Total: 13 ]  [ Newest Member: Yellow_TankCar ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 General HO Train Discussions
 Introduce yourself.
 Another new guy
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: ahm boxcars Topic Next Topic: Runaway train in Utica NY  

areibel
Switcher

Posted - August 17 2015 :  7:13:13 PM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add areibel to Buddylist
Hello!
I'm Al, I'm one of the guys that got Brown Box Tyco for my first trains a few years ago. I still have some of my original ones, except for a few that met a gruesome end in my early diesel building efforts (When I was 13 or 14 I was sure I could convert a C430 into U25B?). They've been packed away for years, my main scale is TT but I came across my Tycos and thought they'd be a good stress relief. I've been watching for a few parts I need and want to upgrade a couple others, but so far it's been fun!

And I want to thank Ken for helping me get started on this board!
Al Reibel
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2  ~  Member Since: August 16 2015  ~  Last Visit: December 25 2020 Alert Moderator 

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - August 17 2015 :  8:15:13 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
welcome aboard
Maisto made some TTs too
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14697  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: May 18 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

walt
Big Boy

Tyco Yum

Posted - August 17 2015 :  9:27:12 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add walt to Buddylist
Welcome, Al !!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 6279  ~  Member Since: February 18 2009  ~  Last Visit: March 04 2022 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

kovacste000
Big Boy

Daylight 4449

Posted - August 18 2015 :  12:12:13 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add kovacste000 to Buddylist
Welcome to the forum, Al.
-Steve

"A lot of modellers out there who go to these train shows see broken HO stuff and go, 'This is useless' when, in reality, they can still be used for modeling whether it's as a prop on your layout or a cool project to make something old new again."
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3533  ~  Member Since: February 17 2014  ~  Last Visit: January 11 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - August 18 2015 :  07:52:04 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
** Welcome and good morning to you Al. One thing we have here is Tyco/Mantua stuff, along with a amazing amount of HO items from the scale's very beginning. So many photos posted of every buddy's trains. There is a large knowledge bank of information here on trains in general with our members. Nothing gets by here at the identification station. People don't just get answers verbally but photos and sometimes catalog pictures of the item in question. Tough questions on dates can be answered by clicking on the link to the HOseeker site and looking through the catalogs there.
* Have a nice day Al.
frank

toptrain

" It's a Heck of a Day " !!!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 7504  ~  Member Since: August 07 2008  ~  Last Visit: February 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

areibel
Switcher

Posted - August 18 2015 :  6:07:52 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add areibel to Buddylist
Thanks Frank and everyone else!
I was more into HO up until about 15 years ago, collecting Varney and original Mantua HO. I still have a few bits and pieces left but I got crazy and sold off most of it back when I switched scales. I'm glad now I held on to what I did. I'll have to sort through some of my mystery stuff and post some pics to get it identified..
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2  ~  Member Since: August 16 2015  ~  Last Visit: December 25 2020 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: ahm boxcars Topic Next Topic: Runaway train in Utica NY  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.19 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000