Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 12 ]  [ Total: 12 ]  [ Newest Member: Strummer ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 General HO Train Discussions
 New Product Releases
 Model Power Is Back
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: RAPIDO TRAINS STEAM LOCOMOTIVE RANGE Topic Next Topic: Digital Multi-Meter  

JRG1951
Big Boy

Old_Guy

Posted - April 16 2015 :  3:58:29 PM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Send JRG1951 a Yahoo! Message  Add JRG1951 to Buddylist
Just got off the Model Rectifier site.

http://www.modelrectifier.com/model-power/index.asp

They now have a tab for Model Power. It looks like they will carry most of the items that Model Power had in the last few years. Including some of the Mantua classics. Here are some images from the site.

/tyco/forum/uploaded/JRG1951/20150416155001_ModelPower.gif

Regards, John

The trouble with most of us is that we would rather be ruined by praise than saved by criticism. <> Norman Vincent Peale
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 886  ~  Member Since: January 11 2012  ~  Last Visit: December 16 2023 Alert Moderator 

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - April 16 2015 :  4:32:20 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
good thing I has a old MP catalog with stuff checked off that I want
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14689  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: April 19 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

kovacste000
Big Boy

Daylight 4449

Posted - April 16 2015 :  10:54:00 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add kovacste000 to Buddylist
Good to see they're back, now Mantua can somewhat live on again as a brand name. Mantua hasn't truly been itself since 2001, honestly. But still, glad it's back to a certain extent along with others.
-Steve

"A lot of modellers out there who go to these train shows see broken HO stuff and go, 'This is useless' when, in reality, they can still be used for modeling whether it's as a prop on your layout or a cool project to make something old new again."
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3533  ~  Member Since: February 17 2014  ~  Last Visit: January 11 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Darth Santa Fe
Big Six

Posted - April 22 2015 :  9:21:01 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Darth Santa Fe to Buddylist
Great! Good to see them back! Except for that Marx F2A. That thing should be scrapped.
Darth Santa Fe, doing weird and challenging projects for the fun of it!

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 236  ~  Member Since: September 13 2011  ~  Last Visit: April 06 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - April 23 2015 :  10:02:29 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
here is possbly the LAST catalog MP did

Took pic only seconds ago
Ain't digicams wonderful?
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14689  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: April 19 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

JNXT 7707
Big Boy

Posted - April 24 2015 :  06:41:10 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add JNXT 7707 to Buddylist
Glad to see them back too, but I don't see any of the "Metal Trains" locomotives in the line-up, unless I missed them.
http://tycodepot.com/
 Posts: 2451  ~  Member Since: April 11 2013  ~  Last Visit: June 26 2019 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

JRG1951
Big Boy

Old_Guy

Posted - April 24 2015 :  6:44:23 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send JRG1951 a Yahoo! Message  Add JRG1951 to Buddylist
Darth,

I agree that the F2A body is really bad in many ways, but the thing has an old Mehano designed 8 wheel drive system. If one uses a different F-Unit shell then you have a different locomotive. I have modified the trucks by removing the couplers and moving the couplers to the frame. I also added extra pickup wipers so all wheels pickup power. I have considered replacing the motor with a slower motor too.

From HO Seeker

I mean it is not like most of us do not have a collection of old F-Unit Shells. Maybe a F7/9 Tyco with a trashed drive truck. If you watch eBay these things go for $10 to $35. Hopefully MRC will provide a way to buy parts.

Note: The Mantua Metal F7 and the older MP F3 use many of the same drive system parts.

Regards, John

God is in the sadness and the laughter, in the bitter and the sweet. <> Neale Donald Walsch

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 886  ~  Member Since: January 11 2012  ~  Last Visit: December 16 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

pacbelt
Switcher

LIRRDashingAvatar

Posted - September 28 2015 :  06:18:14 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add pacbelt to Buddylist
It's great that lower cost trains are STILL available......
But in this day and age - they STILL can't do a body mounted coupler with a pilot that doesn't look like a SHARK took a bite out of it!!!?????

Carmine - CEO, Engineer, and Chief Bottle Washer
Pacific Belt RR, in HO Scale, Since 1975!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 82  ~  Member Since: September 27 2015  ~  Last Visit: October 26 2015 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: RAPIDO TRAINS STEAM LOCOMOTIVE RANGE Topic Next Topic: Digital Multi-Meter  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.25 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000