Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 12 ]  [ Total: 12 ]  [ Newest Member: cobranut427 ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 General HO Train Discussions
 Loose Ends
 Wacky of the Week WOTW March 29 to April 4
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Confessions of a Tycohead Topic Next Topic: Tons of H0 Stuff From My Grandparents and Uncles  

JRG1951
Big Boy

Old_Guy

Posted - March 30 2015 :  9:34:15 PM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Send JRG1951 a Yahoo! Message  Add JRG1951 to Buddylist
Found this on eBay. Sometimes Ebay is like looking at those emailed pictures of people in Walmart.

I guess if you could find a matching shell with damage on the other side, then find a chassis, couplers, ladders, a stove pipe and a some wheels this would be a good buy. One could build, with a little repair a bobber caboose for around $20 to $30. One might get lucky and find the other end of that F7 as a packaged deal

Hurry, the 5% off won't last forever!

Regards, John

Edmund Burke said "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." I wonder is that not the definition of tolerance? <> Junior

Edited by - JRG1951 on March 30 2015 9:40:04 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 886  ~  Member Since: January 11 2012  ~  Last Visit: December 16 2023 Alert Moderator 

Locodub
Switcher

PRRShieldAvatar

Posted - March 30 2015 :  9:47:55 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Locodub to Buddylist
I wonder why the seller didn't test it.

I belong to a model railroad club, we have a plastic tote full of stuff like that from stuff donated to us. Things like that go to the first person who says "I'm looking for a(insert random part here)?"

Happy to give that stuff away to someone who might be able to actually use it.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 87  ~  Member Since: March 16 2015  ~  Last Visit: April 17 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

scsshaggy
Big Boy

scsshaggy

Posted - March 30 2015 :  10:48:10 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add scsshaggy to Buddylist
I have two of those bobbers (complete with ALL the parts!), and I didn't pay as much for both of them as this listing is asking for one broken shell.

Hope springs eternal ... or bounces off of the cushiony walls of the seller's quarters.

Carpe Manana!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2356  ~  Member Since: September 17 2013  ~  Last Visit: May 07 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - March 31 2015 :  1:25:22 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
What??!! I would save 28 cents?? Quick, someone PM
Microbusss! This will drive him over the moon with
jealousy!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11204  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: May 06 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

kovacste000
Big Boy

Daylight 4449

Posted - March 31 2015 :  4:53:55 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add kovacste000 to Buddylist
quote:
Found this on eBay. Sometimes Ebay is like looking at those emailed pictures of people in Walmart.

I guess if you could find a matching shell with damage on the other side, then find a chassis, couplers, ladders, a stove pipe and a some wheels this would be a good buy. One could build, with a little repair a bobber caboose for around $20 to $30. One might get lucky and find the other end of that F7 as a packaged deal

Hurry, the 5% off won't last forever!

Regards, John

Edmund Burke said "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." I wonder is that not the definition of tolerance? <> Junior

Originally posted by JRG1951 - March 30 2015 :  9:34:15 PM

Good gosh, I've seen bobber cabooses go for $3 in good condition at my local train shows.

-Steve

"A lot of modellers out there who go to these train shows see broken HO stuff and go, 'This is useless' when, in reality, they can still be used for modeling whether it's as a prop on your layout or a cool project to make something old new again."
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3533  ~  Member Since: February 17 2014  ~  Last Visit: January 11 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - March 31 2015 :  7:12:36 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
quote:
What??!! I would save 28 cents?? Quick, someone PM
Microbusss! This will drive him over the moon with
jealousy!

Originally posted by Chops124 - March 31 2015 :  1:25:22 PM

it will not
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14694  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: May 07 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

kovacste000
Big Boy

Daylight 4449

Posted - April 01 2015 :  09:24:54 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add kovacste000 to Buddylist
My WOTW is an H0 scale Chessie hopper from my great uncle's attic. The thing is warped as heck, therefore I'm thinking about using it as a train wreck thing.

-Steve

"A lot of modellers out there who go to these train shows see broken HO stuff and go, 'This is useless' when, in reality, they can still be used for modeling whether it's as a prop on your layout or a cool project to make something old new again."
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3533  ~  Member Since: February 17 2014  ~  Last Visit: January 11 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - April 01 2015 :  12:16:49 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Terrific idea, but why not put it on Fleabay for
$100? Heck, there's an idiot born every
minute?
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11204  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: May 06 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

oldtimer52
Big Boy

0ldtime

Posted - April 01 2015 :  5:22:31 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add oldtimer52 to Buddylist
Chops, the trucks are still attached. Make that $150.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 865  ~  Member Since: September 23 2014  ~  Last Visit: May 01 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

rbturner
Big Six

RBT

Posted - April 01 2015 :  7:26:41 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add rbturner to Buddylist
And do not forget to mention in the title: "CUSTOM"
Randy
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 358  ~  Member Since: April 30 2011  ~  Last Visit: May 07 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: Confessions of a Tycohead Topic Next Topic: Tons of H0 Stuff From My Grandparents and Uncles  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.3 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000