Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 30 ]  [ Total: 30 ]  [ Newest Member: cobranut427 ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 General HO Train Discussions
 Loose Ends
 Microbuss mind-blowin GIMME on the way for SOTW...
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: JOTW - Nov 23 to Nov 29, 2014 Topic Next Topic: garage sale finds Part Tres (3)  

AMC_Gremlin_GT
Big Boy

GremlinBL2

Posted - November 22 2014 :  6:54:51 PM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT an AOL message  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT a Yahoo! Message  Add AMC_Gremlin_GT to Buddylist
Wow, is THIS gonna be a great teaser. And , NO, you're not getting them! I found out about a small firehouse Train and Toy show a few weeks ago, and had been planning to go ever since. I got caught up in a Honey-Do this morning, so I didn't get away until after 12:30 PM, and the show closed at 3, and it was over an hour away. I made tracks, luckily traffic wasn't overly heavy, so I got there with an hour to spare. And boy, did I need it! It was a small show, but it seems every vendor had something I wanted.
The prices were pretty good on most stuff, I found some Tyco flats with unusual brown racks on them, not sure what went on them? Not piggybacks. Anyway, I bought some HO Varney, Marx, Lionel, Tyco, Mantua among other makes and brands. I even bought some AF S gauge stuff.
But the REALLY GREAT Microbusss sack-grabbers were these 3 cars I bought, made by _______, in the _____ series, boy are they hard to find, and I found all THREE at ONE vendor, for way cheaper than Ebay prices! My eyes about popped when I saw them stacked on the table. This purchase had an impact on me in several ways, because I got them for peanuts and it might cause Microbusss to start drinking! ROFL! I will be posting these in the SOTW series. Oh, the anticipation of the responses....
There was only two layouts set up, a small HO with some Tyco on it ( and a SUPER-tight radius, I could swear the ends were less than 36" diameter), and an S gauge 5 x 8 with the modern roadbed track and a diesel rather than steam engine. This was the 1st Annual Toy and Train show ( or was that Train and Toy show? ), so hopefully it'll grow. Pretty much all gauges were rep'd except Z. I even found, can you believe this, a Berliner TT gauge steam engine? In the box, $25. He actually had TWO of them, I just bought the boxed one, The guy said he had several T boxes of the Berliner sets as well at home. I also bought a boxed Kay Bee boxcar from him, he told me his wife wouldn't believe that that one would actually sell ($8 ), but I'd just sold my own boxed one to my co-worker at the Train shop, so to find another one for that price, well, hadda get it!
Overall a great/fantastic day, if a bit short due to the Honey-do, but it was NOT a wasted trip by any means! I'll be going back next year if I can. Stay tuned for my OTW posts, I think all will be from this show when I post them tomorrow (sometime, maybe later Sunday evening ). Ant tiss e pation.....

Jerry

" When life throws you bananas...it's easy to slip up"
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3974  ~  Member Since: January 04 2009  ~  Last Visit: January 11 2019 Alert Moderator 

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - November 22 2014 :  8:18:15 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
*grabs a giant 25 fl. oz. can of Margaritaville Paradise Punch* ok I ready
BRING IT ON, DUDE!!

Train show in Denver, CO next Saturday so will look there too

Edited by - microbusss on November 22 2014 8:19:07 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14691  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: May 04 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

walt
Big Boy

Tyco Yum

Posted - November 22 2014 :  8:59:09 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add walt to Buddylist
Hope you find a $1700.00 4 way traffic light while there and buy it...
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 6279  ~  Member Since: February 18 2009  ~  Last Visit: March 04 2022 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - November 22 2014 :  9:21:23 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
quote:
Hope you find a $1700.00 4 way traffic light while there and buy it...

Originally posted by walt - November 22 2014 :  8:59:09 PM

LOL I don't even have $500 let alone $2Gs
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14691  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: May 04 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: JOTW - Nov 23 to Nov 29, 2014 Topic Next Topic: garage sale finds Part Tres (3)  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.39 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000