Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 20 ]  [ Total: 20 ]  [ Newest Member: Chutem ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 The Builders Depot
 Customizing & Kitbashing
 NJ Transit GP7's
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: I think A BUDD czr is the answer. Topic Next Topic: A Bit Early- but Happy Halloween to All!  

AF Kid
Mikado

JerseyCentralAvatar

Posted - September 26 2014 :  8:54:52 PM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add AF Kid to Buddylist
I finished these a couple of weeks ago. The SIlver/Black #5901 is one of the hardest engines I have done due to the silver paint doesn't like to have the blue painters tape on it.... All of these engines have directional 2mm LED lighting.

This one I got off of Ebay and cleaned it up by touching up the paint and replacing the NJT Disco Stripes decals. The NJ Transit lettering at the rear is slightly crooked. I left it alone rather than re-doing the complete engine over.

NJT later changed the color from Silver to Gray

These two I did a couple of years ago.....

The next project will be NJ Transit and Amtrak RDC cars.......

Edited by - AF Kid on September 28 2014 7:26:50 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 650  ~  Member Since: April 28 2010  ~  Last Visit: May 15 2024 Alert Moderator 

kovacste000
Big Boy

Daylight 4449

Posted - September 26 2014 :  10:21:33 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add kovacste000 to Buddylist
Looks pretty good I must say. Looks like something Athearn (The one who most likely made that model) would've made back in the day.
-Steve

"A lot of modellers out there who go to these train shows see broken HO stuff and go, 'This is useless' when, in reality, they can still be used for modeling whether it's as a prop on your layout or a cool project to make something old new again."
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3533  ~  Member Since: February 17 2014  ~  Last Visit: January 11 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: I think A BUDD czr is the answer. Topic Next Topic: A Bit Early- but Happy Halloween to All!  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.17 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000