Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 15 ]  [ Total: 15 ]  [ Newest Member: cobranut427 ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 General HO Train Discussions
 Railroadiana
 Mount Rainer Scenic Railroad
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Tracks Across the Desert Topic Next Topic: Black Hills Central Railroad . . .  

kovacste000
Big Boy

Daylight 4449

Posted - July 27 2014 :  3:54:52 PM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add kovacste000 to Buddylist
Yesterday I went to the town of Elbe where there was a very popular scenic railroad I've been wanting to go on for quite a few years actually. Here are the photos I took.I've got lots of them.

The one thing that makes coming here worth it is the fact that they restore and operate steam engines year around and that they have more steam engines than diesels.

-Steve

"A lot of modellers out there who go to these train shows see broken HO stuff and go, 'This is useless' when, in reality, they can still be used for modeling whether it's as a prop on your layout or a cool project to make something old new again."
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3533  ~  Member Since: February 17 2014  ~  Last Visit: January 11 2023 Alert Moderator 

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - July 27 2014 :  7:32:56 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
cool but you shoulda got a pic of that crossbuck too
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14694  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: May 07 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

kovacste000
Big Boy

Daylight 4449

Posted - July 27 2014 :  8:18:52 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add kovacste000 to Buddylist
quote:
cool but you shoulda got a pic of that crossbuck too

Originally posted by microbusss - July 27 2014 :  7:32:56 PM

I didn't take a picture of it because 1. I wasn't thinking about that at the time and 2. it looks like your average cross buck.

-Steve

"A lot of modellers out there who go to these train shows see broken HO stuff and go, 'This is useless' when, in reality, they can still be used for modeling whether it's as a prop on your layout or a cool project to make something old new again."
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3533  ~  Member Since: February 17 2014  ~  Last Visit: January 11 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Barry
Big Boy

DRGWAvatar

Posted - July 28 2014 :  2:33:23 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Barry to Buddylist
Looks like fun Stephen. What kind of work did they have that MOW car set-up for?
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2087  ~  Member Since: March 16 2013  ~  Last Visit: July 05 2018 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

wks
Big Boy

parrot2015

Posted - July 28 2014 :  3:10:08 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wks to Buddylist
Very nice pictures. Their railroad is featured on youtube and other videos.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 5934  ~  Member Since: February 12 2014  ~  Last Visit: May 07 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

kovacste000
Big Boy

Daylight 4449

Posted - July 28 2014 :  4:33:58 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add kovacste000 to Buddylist
quote:
Looks like fun Stephen. What kind of work did they have that MOW car set-up for?

Originally posted by Barry - July 28 2014 :  2:33:23 PM

That MOW is something they used while they were logging wherever they used those things. I believe they helped cut the trees to smaller sizes to put on the train and whatnot. Now they just display it at the museum they have at the end of the track.

-Steve

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3533  ~  Member Since: February 17 2014  ~  Last Visit: January 11 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

NickelPlate759
Big Boy

Rivarossi Logo

Posted - July 28 2014 :  6:54:50 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add NickelPlate759 to Buddylist
Number 17 has an unusually tall saddle tank. I guess she holds a good bit of water.
The Tyco Depot
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3927  ~  Member Since: June 20 2007  ~  Last Visit: November 19 2015 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

kovacste000
Big Boy

Daylight 4449

Posted - July 28 2014 :  8:08:08 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add kovacste000 to Buddylist
quote:
Number 17 has an unusually tall saddle tank. I guess she holds a good bit of water.

Originally posted by NickelPlate759 - July 28 2014 :  6:54:50 PM

To me it looks alright. In fact, it looks stunning in person, just like any steam engine nowadays to be honest since there's not too many of them.It also looks like you could make this in H0 scale using a Tyco/Mantua Booster.Except for the exact wheel configuration of course.

-Steve

Edited by - kovacste000 on July 28 2014 8:08:26 PM

wks
Big Boy

parrot2015

Posted - February 26 2020 :  2:18:01 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wks to Buddylist
Thank you Stephen for posting your photos of this wonderful railroad.
Great for people to view who live far away.

Some cool videos of this tourist railroad.

Not my videos. Wonderful that other railfans take the time to share this railroad with us.

Edited by - wks on February 26 2020 2:40:05 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 5934  ~  Member Since: February 12 2014  ~  Last Visit: May 07 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

kovacste000
Big Boy

Daylight 4449

Posted - February 26 2020 :  3:37:04 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add kovacste000 to Buddylist
I agree, wks. Some beautiful camerawork in those videos. Sadly, my family moved out of Washington State all the way to Michigan not too long ago so as much as I would like to, I can't go back there again anytime soon. I would say if anyone is out there and hasn't done it yet to go do it. It's lots of fun with lots of unique historical pieces as those pictures I posted show.
-Steve

wks
Big Boy

parrot2015

Posted - February 26 2020 :  3:41:38 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wks to Buddylist

The state of Michigan has some tourist railroads. Definitely check them out Stephen.

kovacste000
Big Boy

Daylight 4449

Posted - February 27 2020 :  2:17:32 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add kovacste000 to Buddylist
quote:

The state of Michigan has some tourist railroads. Definitely check them out Stephen.

Originally posted by wks - February 26 2020 :  3:41:38 PM

Oh yeah, I've already checked one out. Most notably, I've checked out the Owosso one with Pere Marquette 1225. I wish I took photos, but if/when I go back there, I will. Everyone needs to do the Polar Express ride (which is what I did) at least once in their lives, especially if they find themselves in Michigan at one point or another.

-Steve

Previous Topic: Tracks Across the Desert Topic Next Topic: Black Hills Central Railroad . . .  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.22 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000