Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 13 ]  [ Total: 13 ]  [ Newest Member: Yellow_TankCar ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 OTW's - The "Of The Week" Series
 Locomotive of the Week (LOTW)
 LOTW June 1-June 7 2014
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: An Amazing Railroad Company Topic Next Topic: LOTW May 25 - May 31  

GG-1 Guy
Mikado

GG-1

Posted - June 01 2014 :  09:49:00 AM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add GG-1 Guy to Buddylist
The 0-8-8 Canidian Pacific is one of my favorite locomotives from TYCO, I got this one a few weeks ago.

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 664  ~  Member Since: May 05 2012  ~  Last Visit: March 16 2023 Alert Moderator 

kovacste000
Big Boy

Daylight 4449

Posted - June 01 2014 :  10:31:15 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add kovacste000 to Buddylist
Gorgeous loco, GG-1 Guy.Anyway, my LOTW is an engine I took a picture of at a train show but never got it. A Tyco (Mantua?) 1890 4-6-0 in Santa Fe livery.

It was $35 and it ran pretty well too.I'm still kicking my self for not picking it up.

-Steve

"A lot of modellers out there who go to these train shows see broken HO stuff and go, 'This is useless' when, in reality, they can still be used for modeling whether it's as a prop on your layout or a cool project to make something old new again."

Edited by - kovacste000 on June 01 2014 10:32:18 AM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3533  ~  Member Since: February 17 2014  ~  Last Visit: January 11 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Barry
Big Boy

DRGWAvatar

Posted - June 01 2014 :  11:32:25 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Barry to Buddylist
Always like seeing the photos of the steam locomotives.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2087  ~  Member Since: March 16 2013  ~  Last Visit: July 05 2018 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Redwoods
Big Boy

NWPAvatar

Posted - June 01 2014 :  4:14:42 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Redwoods to Buddylist
A recent auction acquisition. This is an Aristocraft 2-8-0. It's missing some parts and it has no motor, but it should be fairly easy to get into running condition.

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1083  ~  Member Since: July 07 2011  ~  Last Visit: May 15 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Adams
Big Boy

Posted - June 01 2014 :  7:10:23 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Adams to Buddylist
This definitely breaks John's rule about sticking to a prototype and era (which I agree with, but have a hard time following!). Bachmann 4-8-4--love it!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 874  ~  Member Since: October 15 2007  ~  Last Visit: June 09 2019 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - June 01 2014 :  8:27:08 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
quote:
quote:
A recent auction acquisition. This is an Aristocraft 2-8-0. It's missing some parts and it has no motor, but it should be fairly easy to get into running condition.
Originally posted by Redwoods - June 01 2014 :  4:14:42 PM

Um, I believe your picture is broken. Sorry, just had to point that out.
Originally posted by kovacste000 - June 01 2014 :  4:35:05 PM

Picture's not broken. loco like the owner says is in need of parts. Redwoods I think it will be a very nice locomotive. You don't need to copy the photo to make a post. It is Redwoods photo.
frank

toptrain

" It's a Heck of a Day " !!!

Edited by - toptrain on June 01 2014 8:32:19 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 7504  ~  Member Since: August 07 2008  ~  Last Visit: February 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

kovacste000
Big Boy

Daylight 4449

Posted - June 01 2014 :  9:48:45 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add kovacste000 to Buddylist
quote:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Redwoods - June 01 2014 :  4:14:42 PM

Um, I believe your picture is broken. Sorry, just had to point that out.
Originally posted by kovacste000 - June 01 2014 :  4:35:05 PM

Picture's not broken. loco like the owner says is in need of parts. Redwoods I think it will be a very nice locomotive. You don't need to copy the photo to make a post. It is Redwoods photo.
frank

Originally posted by toptrain - June 01 2014 :  8:27:08 PM

Okay, I saw that it was fixed now so I deleted my post complaining about it.Anyway, nice loco.

-Steve

"A lot of modellers out there who go to these train shows see broken HO stuff and go, 'This is useless' when, in reality, they can still be used for modeling whether it's as a prop on your layout or a cool project to make something old new again."
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3533  ~  Member Since: February 17 2014  ~  Last Visit: January 11 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - June 01 2014 :  11:26:59 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist

Snow Bird New Haven Paint scheme. Pure fantasy, I am told. Ah,
but what I fantasy. Am eagerly awaiting a dummy B and an F7 Chassis to complete
a Snow Bird A-B-A set to pull my 19 car New Haven drag. I stalked the internet for
a used F7 and then pounced on one that turned up at $20. I will post photos, and will try a short video, when I get them assembled.
Cost me an arm, leg, kidney, and spleen.
Mostly on postage. Train shows are rarely within an 8 to 12 drive
from El Paso.

Edited by - Chops124 on June 01 2014 11:33:53 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11212  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: May 19 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - June 01 2014 :  11:31:21 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
The lighting on the Mew York Central piece is haunting. It
evokes a regional style of painting echoing the American
Primative Style in the strong, plain images, and the dark,
dusky colors of Hudson River Painting Movement of the 19th
century.
Evocative of a world that moved at the speed of steam.
Nicely composed; strong work, in my small opinion.

Edited by - Chops124 on June 01 2014 11:34:55 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11212  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: May 19 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Adams
Big Boy

Posted - June 02 2014 :  12:26:11 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Adams to Buddylist
I'm glad you like it. You obviously know much more about art history and composition than I! In reality, I was about to take the pic and noticed that the loco is so black and unweathered that it just disappears (like the tender did anyway), so I grabbed my desk lamp and shined a little light on it. But I like your word-smithing and imagery!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 874  ~  Member Since: October 15 2007  ~  Last Visit: June 09 2019 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

JRG1951
Big Boy

Old_Guy

Posted - June 02 2014 :  10:59:15 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send JRG1951 a Yahoo! Message  Add JRG1951 to Buddylist
Adam,
That is the reason I left the late 50s era and went back to WWII, so I could have Santa Fe style 4-8-4 locomotives. To be honest a Northern steam locomotive was purchased and then the era changed! Even I do not follow all the rules all the time.

You need to understand, rule 1 and and 20 may override any of the other rules, at any given time

Rules: http://www.tycoforums.com/tyco/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=14828

Regards, John ******************

A house is just a place to keep your stuff while you go out and get more stuff. George Carlin

Edited by - JRG1951 on June 02 2014 11:01:13 AM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 886  ~  Member Since: January 11 2012  ~  Last Visit: December 16 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

kovacste000
Big Boy

Daylight 4449

Posted - June 02 2014 :  12:30:02 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add kovacste000 to Buddylist
quote:
Adam,
That is the reason I left the late 50s era and went back to WWII, so I could have Santa Fe style 4-8-4 locomotives. To be honest a Northern steam locomotive was purchased and then the era changed! Even I do not follow all the rules all the time.

You need to understand, rule 1 and and 20 may override any of the other rules, at any given time

Rules: http://www.tycoforums.com/tyco/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=14828

Regards, John ******************

A house is just a place to keep your stuff while you go out and get more stuff. George Carlin

Originally posted by JRG1951 - June 02 2014 :  10:59:15 AM

I know, right? You just gotta love the old steamers.

-Steve

Retired Alex
Big Six

CanadianPacificBeaverAvatar

Posted - June 02 2014 :  2:28:54 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Retired Alex to Buddylist
Pictures of 2 Aristo-Craft 4-4-2s that I rebuilt from 4 junkers.

Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 265  ~  Member Since: March 07 2014  ~  Last Visit: June 26 2018 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

JRG1951
Big Boy

Old_Guy

Posted - June 02 2014 :  5:50:11 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send JRG1951 a Yahoo! Message  Add JRG1951 to Buddylist
Alex,
I like your 4-4-2 locos. Fine work.
Regards, John

Did you hear about the Aggie that raced the train to the crossing? He hit the 33rd car! <> Junior
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 886  ~  Member Since: January 11 2012  ~  Last Visit: December 16 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Adams
Big Boy

Posted - June 02 2014 :  5:54:16 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Adams to Buddylist
Here's one of my favorites-- not enough to make me change theme or era--but I picked this up cheap in somewhat rough condition. Someone had dropped it, breaking a big corner off the cab roof and the front pilot beam. The tender was paint-less and corroding. I repaired the loco by applying layers of J-B Weld and sanding. I totally stripped, cleaned, painted, and lettered the tender. At first I did it in my home road, but this could be nothing other than a Pennsy, so I stripped, painted, and lettered it again. Mechanically, it runs as well as a modern model. The model is by Penn Line.

kovacste000
Big Boy

Daylight 4449

Posted - June 02 2014 :  6:33:24 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add kovacste000 to Buddylist
quote:
Here's one of my favorites-- not enough to make me change theme or era--but I picked this up cheap in somewhat rough condition. Someone had dropped it, breaking a big corner off the cab roof and the front pilot beam. The tender was paint-less and corroding. I repaired the loco by applying layers of J-B Weld and sanding. I totally stripped, cleaned, painted, and lettered the tender. At first I did it in my home road, but this could be nothing other than a Pennsy, so I stripped, painted, and lettered it again. Mechanically, it runs as well as a modern model. The model is by Penn Line.

Originally posted by Adams - June 02 2014 :  5:54:16 PM

All I have to say is that it turned out really well.

-Steve

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - June 03 2014 :  02:37:55 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
quote:
I'm glad you like it. You obviously know much more about art history and composition than I! In reality, I was about to take the pic and noticed that the loco is so black and unweathered that it just disappears (like the tender did anyway), so I grabbed my desk lamp and shined a little light on it. But I like your word-smithing and imagery!

Originally posted by Adams - June 02 2014 :  12:26:11 AM

Like a Winston Owens, some of the best shots are happy
accidents of timing and light. I recall one famous
photographer was asked the secret of his success, and
he replied, "take lots of pictures." You pulled off a bold, sharp
image with twilight rays of
the sun of an era in its twilight. And then, you had the
ability to recognize it as the better of the serveral shots you attempted.

Edited by - Chops124 on June 03 2014 02:38:56 AM

scsshaggy
Big Boy

scsshaggy

Posted - June 03 2014 :  07:51:40 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add scsshaggy to Buddylist
quote:
Did you hear about the Aggie that raced the train to the crossing? He hit the 33rd car! <> Junior
Originally posted by JRG1951 - June 02 2014 :  5:50:11 PM

Here I sit, all by myself in a Hardees, logged into the WiFi, and laughing out loud like some kind of nut. Fortunately, I'm 400 miles from home and hardly anyone knows me around here.

Carpe Manana!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2359  ~  Member Since: September 17 2013  ~  Last Visit: May 19 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

kovacste000
Big Boy

Daylight 4449

Posted - June 03 2014 :  10:27:12 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add kovacste000 to Buddylist
quote:
quote:

Originally posted by Adams - June 02 2014 :  12:26:11 AM

Like a Winston Owens, some of the best shots are happy
accidents of timing and light. I recall one famous
photographer was asked the secret of his success, and
he replied, "take lots of pictures." You pulled off a bold, sharp
image with twilight rays of
the sun of an era in its twilight. And then, you had the
ability to recognize it as the better of the serveral shots you attempted.

Originally posted by Chops124 - June 03 2014 :  02:37:55 AM

That right there is what all photographers should follow. It should be one of their most important rules. It's really that good.

-Steve

JRG1951
Big Boy

Old_Guy

Posted - June 03 2014 :  2:36:54 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send JRG1951 a Yahoo! Message  Add JRG1951 to Buddylist
Don,
I glad you enjoyed it. My Wife is from Rockford, when we got back to Texas she didn't know what an Aggie was.
Regards, john

At the age of 65 my supply of brain cells is finally down to a manageable size. <> Junior

Autobus Prime
Hudson

Posted - June 03 2014 :  4:03:22 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Autobus Prime to Buddylist
quote:
Pictures of 2 Aristo-Craft 4-4-2s that I rebuilt from 4 junkers.

Originally posted by Retired Alex - June 02 2014 :  2:28:54 PM

Omigosh!

Interlake Vulcanian. Charles Martin. October 1972 MR. What a beautiful model railroad that was!

(October, not November. Corrected.)

Some of the last photos taken are here:
http://mendotarailmuseum.tripod.com/id29.html

Was Mr. Martin by any chance a friend of yours?

Edited by - Autobus Prime on June 03 2014 4:19:52 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 432  ~  Member Since: March 04 2008  ~  Last Visit: December 28 2018 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

PRR 4800
Big Boy

MantuaShifterAvatar

Posted - June 03 2014 :  6:04:19 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add PRR 4800 to Buddylist
quote:

Snow Bird New Haven Paint scheme. Pure fantasy, I am told. Ah,
but what I fantasy. Am eagerly awaiting a dummy B and an F7 Chassis to complete
a Snow Bird A-B-A set to pull my 19 car New Haven drag. I stalked the internet for
a used F7 and then pounced on one that turned up at $20. I will post photos, and will try a short video, when I get them assembled.
Cost me an arm, leg, kidney, and spleen.
Mostly on postage. Train shows are rarely within an 8 to 12 drive
from El Paso.

Originally posted by Chops124 - June 01 2014 :  11:26:59 PM

Very cool F-units! It might not be a real scheme but it sure looks nice Also... I don't mean to rain on your parade, but there's an A-B pair of those shells and dummy frames at a local shop for $5 altogether...

--CRC
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 930  ~  Member Since: January 25 2012  ~  Last Visit: August 23 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

JNXT 7707
Big Boy

Posted - June 03 2014 :  6:30:50 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add JNXT 7707 to Buddylist
My LOTW is a pair of IHC L&N Alco C-628s I picked up from ebay for cheap. Numbered separately and surprisingly among the smoothest running locos I have now. Both run well together too.

http://tycodepot.com/
 Posts: 2451  ~  Member Since: April 11 2013  ~  Last Visit: June 26 2019 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

SCVR66
Big Boy

SCVR #2

Posted - June 03 2014 :  8:34:38 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add SCVR66 to Buddylist
Mantua 0-4-0T Booster, recently primed the square tanks and cab for repaint.
The old SP lettering was very worn out. Not sure if I will reletter it back to the original SP after the repaint.

I buy, repair, and collect
http://scvr.weebly.com/
http://seyboldlocomotiveworks.weebly.com/
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheDeputation?feature=watch
Hyde.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1352  ~  Member Since: January 15 2012  ~  Last Visit: July 25 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Retired Alex
Big Six

CanadianPacificBeaverAvatar

Posted - June 03 2014 :  10:34:32 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Retired Alex to Buddylist
quote:

Omigosh!

Interlake Vulcanian. Charles Martin. October 1972 MR. What a beautiful model railroad that was!

Originally posted by Autobus Prime - June 03 2014 :  4:03:22 PM

Thanks for the info. I had no idea what I had there. I had never heard of this man nor his railroad. I was just in the process of stripping the tender and repainting it. Now I won't touch it but leave it as is. I got it off Ebay last month.
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 265  ~  Member Since: March 07 2014  ~  Last Visit: June 26 2018 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Autobus Prime
Hudson

Posted - June 04 2014 :  02:12:28 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Autobus Prime to Buddylist
quote:
quote:

Omigosh!

Originally posted by Autobus Prime - June 03 2014 :  4:03:22 PM

Thanks for the info. I had no idea what I had there. I had never heard of this man nor his railroad. I was just in the process of stripping the tender and repainting it. Now I won't touch it but leave it as is. I got it off Ebay last month.

Originally posted by Retired Alex - June 03 2014 :  10:34:32 PM

This is one thing freelancing does have over prototype modeling - it creates artifacts for our hobby. If in my travels I encounter a well-done custom-painted (say) Wabash 4-8-4, it doesn't immediately call up images of the hobbyist who did it. I think of the Wabash, and the model is a success that way. But find an original G&D freight car (if you can) and it speaks unambiguously of a particular person, in a particular time, at a particular place, to whom we are connected by a liking of little trains. In a throwaway world of forgetfulness, that strikes me as rather special thing.

Edited by - Autobus Prime on June 04 2014 11:25:11 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 432  ~  Member Since: March 04 2008  ~  Last Visit: December 28 2018 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

kovacste000
Big Boy

Daylight 4449

Posted - June 04 2014 :  08:35:10 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add kovacste000 to Buddylist
quote:
Mantua 0-4-0T Booster, recently primed the square tanks and cab for repaint.
The old SP lettering was very worn out. Not sure if I will reletter it back to the original SP after the repaint.

Originally posted by SCVR66 - June 03 2014 :  8:34:38 PM

Looking great so far, SCVR66.

-Steve

SCVR66
Big Boy

SCVR #2

Posted - June 04 2014 :  11:56:47 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add SCVR66 to Buddylist
Thank you. I've had a long and continued absence from posting on this site and that will likely remain. I am working on gobs of other things at the moment and the Booster looked like the simplest of things that I was working on that wouldn't require me to have to be really specific about what I was doing.
I buy, repair, and collect
http://scvr.weebly.com/
http://seyboldlocomotiveworks.weebly.com/
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheDeputation?feature=watch
Hyde.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1352  ~  Member Since: January 15 2012  ~  Last Visit: July 25 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

JRG1951
Big Boy

Old_Guy

Posted - June 04 2014 :  12:06:22 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send JRG1951 a Yahoo! Message  Add JRG1951 to Buddylist
Jerry,
I like the big ALCOs, Nice paint. Did you add any weight to these units?

Adam,
I not a PRR fan, but that is a great looking engine.

Stephen,
I had a Tyco 4-6-0 when I was a lot younger, never could get it to run right. I think I had a bad motor.

Regards John *************

The United States is a nation of laws: badly written and randomly enforced. <> Frank Zappa

Edited by - JRG1951 on June 04 2014 12:12:49 PM

kovacste000
Big Boy

Daylight 4449

Posted - June 04 2014 :  12:59:33 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add kovacste000 to Buddylist
quote:
Thank you. I've had a long and continued absence from posting on this site and that will likely remain. I am working on gobs of other things at the moment and the Booster looked like the simplest of things that I was working on that wouldn't require me to have to be really specific about what I was doing.

Originally posted by SCVR66 - June 04 2014 :  11:56:47 AM

No problem. I wish you luck on your projects! I've seen some of them on your Youtube channel and on your website so I completely understand your absence from the forum.

-Steve

Edited by - kovacste000 on June 04 2014 1:00:07 PM

JNXT 7707
Big Boy

Posted - June 04 2014 :  5:06:33 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add JNXT 7707 to Buddylist
quote:
Jerry,
I like the big ALCOs, Nice paint. Did you add any weight to these units?

Originally posted by JRG1951 - June 04 2014 :  12:06:22 PM

John - I have discovered recently I like these big Alcos too. What spurred the purchase of these was a similar Monon Alco I found at the bottom of a big HO junk box I got a few weeks ago at a yard sale. In very sad shape but all there, and once I put some couplers on it I hope to post it in the next LOTW. A beautiful loco nontheless.
And no, have not added any more weight yet, as I have not pulled a train with them and don't know for sure if they will need any. Just seat of the pants feel though, they seem plenty heavy as they are.

Posts: 2451  ~  Member Since: April 11 2013  ~  Last Visit: June 26 2019 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Adams
Big Boy

Posted - June 06 2014 :  11:16:35 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Adams to Buddylist
A couple more pics to peruse...Bowser 4-8-2 and Mantua Shifter. The real Orient #17 was an 0-6-0, but I can change that if I get a Big Six frame.

kovacste000
Big Boy

Daylight 4449

Posted - June 06 2014 :  11:33:19 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add kovacste000 to Buddylist
quote:
A couple more pics to peruse...Bowser 4-8-2 and Mantua Shifter. The real Orient #17 was an 0-6-0, but I can change that if I get a Big Six frame.

Originally posted by Adams - June 06 2014 :  11:16:35 PM

Love that Bowser, man.Of course, the Orient one is cool too. Did Mantua ever actually make one in that livery or is it a custom?

-Steve

Adams
Big Boy

Posted - June 06 2014 :  11:38:14 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Adams to Buddylist
My own lettering on the Orient loco...

Autobus Prime
Hudson

Posted - June 07 2014 :  2:25:13 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Autobus Prime to Buddylist
quote:

Originally posted by SCVR66 - June 04 2014 :  11:56:47 AM

Nothing wrong with a Booster. Here's mine. :)

Nothing much to say about this one, I bought in on Ebay when I was in college ($5) and I've had it since then. I've added knuckle couplers and neodymium motor magnets, it runs pretty well.

(Gad, look at my gappy track. Bad section gang. Bad.)

Edited by - Autobus Prime on June 07 2014 2:26:25 PM

Mustangs_n_Trains
Big Boy

Mustang Man

Posted - June 11 2014 :  1:13:46 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Mustangs_n_Trains to Buddylist
LOVE THE BOOSTER! IT IS EASY TO DO AND FUN TO CUSTOMIZE AND SMALL ENOUGH TO BE COMPLETED IN ONE EVENING!

oops! Sorry for the CAPS!

Sean

"If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough!" - Mario Andretti!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1729  ~  Member Since: June 15 2011  ~  Last Visit: June 26 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Autobus Prime
Hudson

Posted - June 11 2014 :  4:53:28 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Autobus Prime to Buddylist
quote:
LOVE THE BOOSTER! IT IS EASY TO DO AND FUN TO CUSTOMIZE AND SMALL ENOUGH TO BE COMPLETED IN ONE EVENING!

oops! Sorry for the CAPS!

Originally posted by Mustangs_n_Trains - June 11 2014 :  1:13:46 PM

I like those! Especially the 2-4-2T. What parts did you use?

Mustangs_n_Trains
Big Boy

Mustang Man

Posted - June 12 2014 :  09:44:41 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Mustangs_n_Trains to Buddylist
I started with a Mantua 0-4-0 Booster steam loco which was missing the front steps. I used the front pilot truck, deck & steps from an Athearn light Mikado and the trailing truck from an Athearn Little Monster 0-4-2 steam locomotive.

I added the piping detail and a couple air tanks from the Athearn Mikado

I have not yet decided if I want to add valve gear.

Here is the photo series of the build:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/9977705@N05/sets/72157627595258142/

Sean

"If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough!" - Mario Andretti!

Edited by - Mustangs_n_Trains on June 12 2014 5:40:57 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1729  ~  Member Since: June 15 2011  ~  Last Visit: June 26 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

burlington77
Big Boy

burlington2

Posted - June 12 2014 :  1:35:39 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add burlington77 to Buddylist
This thread needs a BL2:

Here's a LL P2K that I picked up at a flea market a couple weeks ago for $5. It actually works, too!

Still no layout...but I'm building a garage (slowly) and plotting my return.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1166  ~  Member Since: October 18 2009  ~  Last Visit: December 23 2018 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

kovacste000
Big Boy

Daylight 4449

Posted - June 12 2014 :  1:59:01 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add kovacste000 to Buddylist
quote:
This thread needs a BL2:

Here's a LL P2K that I picked up at a flea market a couple weeks ago for $5. It actually works, too!

Originally posted by burlington77 - June 12 2014 :  1:35:39 PM

You got a very detailed engine in great condition for $5 and it works!?! That's awesome!I got a little too excited there.

-Steve

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - June 12 2014 :  3:32:13 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
excuse me There is a NEW LOTW for this week
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14697  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: May 19 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

JNXT 7707
Big Boy

Posted - June 12 2014 :  4:32:26 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add JNXT 7707 to Buddylist
quote:
This thread needs a BL2:

Originally posted by burlington77 - June 12 2014 :  1:35:39 PM

What a steal! I'm still kicking myself for passing up an identical one at a train show a couple years back for $25!

burlington77
Big Boy

burlington2

Posted - June 12 2014 :  10:36:12 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add burlington77 to Buddylist
quote:
excuse me There is a NEW LOTW for this week

Originally posted by microbusss - June 12 2014 :  3:32:13 PM

Sorry....just noticed my mistake. I guess I'll go back to lurking for another year or so.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1166  ~  Member Since: October 18 2009  ~  Last Visit: December 23 2018 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

JRG1951
Big Boy

Old_Guy

Posted - June 13 2014 :  01:48:14 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send JRG1951 a Yahoo! Message  Add JRG1951 to Buddylist
B77,
my first train set had a C&O BL2 by AHM. 4 wheel drive and traction tires. I'll bet the P1000 runs a lot better. I love the paint scheme. Thanks for posting.
Regards John

A 300 pound gorilla with a club, is called SIR. <> Junior

NickelPlate759
Big Boy

Rivarossi Logo

Posted - June 14 2014 :  02:24:31 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add NickelPlate759 to Buddylist
B77, I paid $30 with shipping for my C&O BL-2, so you did steal that one. Mine needed a few axle gears too, but most do.

Btw, no need to banish yourself, you'll just need a time-out in the Tyco forum penalty box, otherwise known as Ben's dumpster.

The Tyco Depot
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3927  ~  Member Since: June 20 2007  ~  Last Visit: November 19 2015 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: An Amazing Railroad Company Topic Next Topic: LOTW May 25 - May 31  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.38 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000