Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 28 ]  [ Total: 28 ]  [ Newest Member: Stan ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 The Builders Depot
 Customizing & Kitbashing
 Lehigh Valley 4-4-0 camelback
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
Previous Page
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: NJT E8  Topic Next Topic: Custom Heart of Steel Locomotive
Page: of 2

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - May 05 2014 :  08:20:50 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
quote:
frank,that is a sweet loco,worth waiting to see ken

Originally posted by catfordken - May 04 2014 :  8:30:53 PM

* Hi guys. Three more things to do then done. Everything pass that is upgrading the model. I need to paint interior walls a green. install some windows, Paint the inside of the headlight bright white. a seated engineer and fireman in place. I know more like 4 or 5 things. Nothing that big and time consuming.
* Upgrades will be replacing ejector piping, and water fill pipe with brass castings. Try to get a brake control, throttle, reverse lever, and gauges into the cab. All this is just a wish list. As I get the parts I'll put them in the box with the loco and wait to get the other stuff.
frank

toptrain

" It's a Heck of a Day " !!!

Edited by - toptrain on May 05 2014 08:27:52 AM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 7504  ~  Member Since: August 07 2008  ~  Last Visit: February 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

LGLrr845
Big Six

MantuaAvatar

Posted - May 05 2014 :  10:33:34 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add LGLrr845 to Buddylist
The only thing I would change is more visible brass, the bell, trim around the number board, and trim around the headlight. Very minor and insignificant stuff and other than that, it does look very handsome.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 239  ~  Member Since: September 17 2012  ~  Last Visit: November 09 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - May 05 2014 :  4:27:16 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
I brought my new now broken camera to a repair drop off place and stopped at Best Buy and got the cheapest camera they had, a $49 Fujifilm FINEPIX JX650 digital camera. Right away I am getting better photos than any other digital camera I had out of the last 3 I owned.
here is the LV 4-4-0c on my computer desk.
frank

toptrain

Edited by - toptrain on May 05 2014 4:28:34 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 7504  ~  Member Since: August 07 2008  ~  Last Visit: February 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - May 15 2014 :  09:19:23 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
Well today the LV 4-4-0c #5 has been assigned a engineer. Homer Thornbee. he is seen here in the cab, checking out his controls and waiting for his fireman to arrive.
frank

toptrain

Edited by - toptrain on May 16 2014 08:54:10 AM

kovacste000
Big Boy

Daylight 4449

Posted - May 15 2014 :  09:50:01 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add kovacste000 to Buddylist
quote:
Well today the LV 4-4-0c #5 has been assigned a engineer. Homer Thornbee. he is seen here in the cab, checking out his controls and waiting for his fireman to arrive.
frank

Originally posted by toptrain - May 15 2014 :  09:19:23 AM

It looks beautiful.You can't even tell what it used to be anymore. It looks like something you'd be able to buy at a hobby shop or even see in a museum as a model of the real locomotive. It really does look that good.

-Steve

"A lot of modellers out there who go to these train shows see broken HO stuff and go, 'This is useless' when, in reality, they can still be used for modeling whether it's as a prop on your layout or a cool project to make something old new again."
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3533  ~  Member Since: February 17 2014  ~  Last Visit: January 11 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

scsshaggy
Big Boy

scsshaggy

Posted - May 15 2014 :  12:54:12 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add scsshaggy to Buddylist
All painted and lettered and complete, that's one sharp looking engine. Nice work!
Carpe Manana!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2352  ~  Member Since: September 17 2013  ~  Last Visit: March 13 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - May 15 2014 :  2:11:53 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
Steve and Don, I keep finding little things to add. I made the roof removable so I can put plastic windows into the cab. I'll enclose 5 of the windows and leave the one you see the engineer through open. I have no marker lights on the rear of the tender , so they will get added. Also when coupled to the tender I have space to enlarge the tender floor towards the boiler backhead. That will give me space to stand a fireman with a shovel. There is not a lot of space on the tender floor now with the drive shaft in the way. Maybe some other stuff like the firebox doors. Well see what happens.
frank

toptrain

Erich
Big Boy

train

Posted - May 16 2014 :  05:41:24 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Erich to Buddylist
Well done Frank! I love this engine! - Erich
 Country: Austria  ~  Posts: 1046  ~  Member Since: December 03 2008  ~  Last Visit: December 19 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

JNXT 7707
Big Boy

Posted - May 16 2014 :  06:24:33 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add JNXT 7707 to Buddylist
quote:
frank

Originally posted by toptrain - May 15 2014 :  09:19:23 AM

That Homer Thornbee always gets the best assignments

http://tycodepot.com/
 Posts: 2451  ~  Member Since: April 11 2013  ~  Last Visit: June 26 2019 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

wks
Big Boy

parrot2015

Posted - July 08 2022 :  4:15:40 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wks to Buddylist

Nice results Frank. I am a bit late with the compliment.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 5776  ~  Member Since: February 12 2014  ~  Last Visit: March 28 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic: NJT E8  Topic Next Topic: Custom Heart of Steel Locomotive  
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.47 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000