Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 17 ]  [ Total: 17 ]  [ Newest Member: Rohan4301 ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 General HO Train Discussions
 Loose Ends
 Train show and flea market and other finds.
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
Previous Page | Next Page
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Tour the Mantua factory in 1948 Topic Next Topic: crazy but cool video
Page: of 21

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - November 07 2021 :  08:16:35 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
quote:
*swipes all the Colorado Railroads!*

Originally posted by microbusss - November 06 2021 :  7:22:36 PM

Hey Bus! I am sorry I liked that Red Ball reefer so much I may not have given you enough of a chance to drive over to the show by The Giants stadium on Hoboken Road here in Jersey. I waited but you weren't showing so I got it instead of you. It seems you just never made it to the show. I feel bad about it, but it has become a fixture in with My other Thomas trains. It will be very hard to separate them from each other. Yep it fits right in with them.
Maybe next time Bus!

Bus here is photo for you of what you missed. I put in a large size photo so you can click on it to enlarge it so it is easier for you to view it. Enjoy!

toptrain

" It's a Heck of a Day " !!!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 7504  ~  Member Since: August 07 2008  ~  Last Visit: February 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - November 07 2021 :  10:07:07 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
well it is 1,688.7 miles from me
so really can't go

No problemblemo for you. That's just around the corner. See you next time.
frank
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14689  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: April 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - November 13 2021 :  4:18:28 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
I am Back from Allentown with my finds. Only 3.
1 Bachmann 44 ton center cab. Not a earth shaking find till you see the paint and lettering'
United States Army, Transportation Corps, #2032.
2 Aristocraft 2-6-0 Thomas Rogers, Mogul, Camden and Amboy. boxed. This is one I didn't have! C&EI, P&R, UP and now C&A. looking for Central Pacific.
3 Aristocraft 4-8-2 Mountain C&O, US #133. boxed. This is one I didn't have also! Had New Haven.

toptrain

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 7504  ~  Member Since: August 07 2008  ~  Last Visit: February 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

el rojo grande
Big Six

BethlehemSteelAvatar

Posted - November 13 2021 :  9:21:49 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add el rojo grande to Buddylist
I was at the ATMA show too. Here's the story

I set out for the show hoping for a few things that I even wrote on a list to stay focused. I wanted some more MDC Pennsy Overland coaches, sleepers, baggage, etc to add to my 1910 consist and perhaps some more Rivarossi heavyweights to go with the ones WKS gave me some time ago. 4 cars is all I needed to make it a great show... I mean 50 bazillion square feet of musty, crusty and dusty train stuff should hold that small treasure. Did not see ANY of those pieces...

But,

AND THE CHASE WAS ON!

The big win was this this Rivarossi GG1 for $25. I took it to the test track and it was the smoothest runner of any of my Gs!

Then there is this Atlas yellow box NOS GP-38 for $22. It's a clicker but we can fix that offending gear.

Then there were some varied rolling stock and accessories purchases on the cheap:

A Bronco PC box car that has the tooling and even packaging similar or same to early 70s Bachmann.

The box says Bronco was headquartered in Westbury, Long Island.

An Athearn Rohm and Haas boxcar is a shoutout to all my chemistry teachers who used R&H flasks, bunsen burners and chemicals in our chem lab days.

And there's this bright AHM promotional tanker that advertises a parts supplier to dangerous industries.

Some bridges and buildings rounded out today's haul.

All in all a great day of recreational shopping and hanging with some good friends. A very good Saturday!

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 303  ~  Member Since: October 26 2015  ~  Last Visit: April 16 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - November 13 2021 :  11:41:53 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Treasures to behold, El Rojo. Nice scores. Are you going to leave
the G as is or do a repaint? That Bronco piece is to die for.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11193  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 21 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

el rojo grande
Big Six

BethlehemSteelAvatar

Posted - November 13 2021 :  11:49:46 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add el rojo grande to Buddylist
The G will stay blue, but since it was done up in that color in 1969, it is a PC! I finally have a PC GG-1. I have this one, the Amtrak Savings Bond, the silver Amtrak snd a Tuscan Pennsy. The Geep is undec so that will get its worms before long!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 303  ~  Member Since: October 26 2015  ~  Last Visit: April 16 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

wks
Big Boy

parrot2015

Posted - November 14 2021 :  10:32:03 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wks to Buddylist

Nice items Dave and Frank. Glad you had fun.
I will try to get to the Edison show in a few weeks.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 5875  ~  Member Since: February 12 2014  ~  Last Visit: April 25 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - November 14 2021 :  10:23:02 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
Congrats guys! Great acquisitions!
"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in Heaven." - Matthew 5:16

Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/rpmodelrailroads

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/rp_model_railroads/
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 4669  ~  Member Since: August 11 2017  ~  Last Visit: July 20 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - November 23 2021 :  3:06:50 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
Well, I got lucky and the 5 and last Aristocraft 2-6-0 Thomas Rogers came my way and I didn't pass it up. The CP joins the UP, Camden and Amboy, Philadelphia and Reading, Chicago and Rock Island. Only the new CP has no original box.
frank

toptrain

Edited by - toptrain on November 23 2021 3:07:24 PM

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - November 24 2021 :  07:29:15 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Another piece of early HO. How's it run?
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11193  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 21 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - November 24 2021 :  3:49:10 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
quote:
Another piece of early HO. How's it run?

Originally posted by Chops124 - November 24 2021 :  07:29:15 AM

Jeff i really dont know. I saw it was complete, in nice condition, and the right road name. Anything else I can fix. I'll get another one just to get a box for it, unless I get lucky and just find an empty box. I got all 5 road names now and 4 are boxed.

They store nice in the boxes.

toptrain

thesiding
Big Boy

LionelSince1900Avatar

Posted - November 24 2021 :  4:28:53 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add thesiding to Buddylist
The graphics on the Penn Central box are also Bachmann
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1063  ~  Member Since: August 19 2011  ~  Last Visit: April 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - November 24 2021 :  5:21:09 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
well train show Sat is a no-go
don't got enuff moolas
Oh well I'll go to toy show next year
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14689  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: April 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

scsshaggy
Big Boy

scsshaggy

Posted - November 27 2021 :  3:09:44 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add scsshaggy to Buddylist
A couple of weeks ago, I saw an ALCO FA-1 on the table at the Great Midwest Train Show. It was marked $15, which was a pretty good deal, so I handed it to the seller, and he quoted me a price of $10. So much the better!

I got it home and it didn't run, but that was because it was a DCC locomotive on a DC layout. I bypassed the decoder and made it a DC engine and it runs and pulls very well.

I liked the snazzy Union Pacific paint scheme, but wanted it lettered for my railroad. Alcohol quickly removed the factory lettering while not affecting the paint, so I just washed off the U.P. name and added my own reporting marks.

It was missing a few parts off the roof, namely air horns and some sort of dome-like cap. I don't know what the cap is, but it's always there on an FA-1, and I could see where it had been broken off. I put in a Kadee plastic Phillips head screw, filled in the screwdriver hole with Bondo glazing and finishing putty, and stuck in a little nub of plastic to represent a little bump that the original cap had in the middle. I had some air horns on hand, so I put those on and matched some paint as best I could to the paint already on the shell for them. Also, I painted the inside of the exhaust stack black so it would look like in was a hole down into the model rather than a little rectangle molded on the roof. Grids and louvers got a wash of black paint to look like they were dirty and had the dark interior behind them.

The trucks had a little rod sticking out the sides of them on which the frame rode so it couldn't rock excessively. On one truck, that's a good idea. On both, it makes the engine so stiff that it derails anywhere the track is not perfectly flat. I removed the rods from the front truck, and now the front truck can rock with any imperfections in the track. It now equalizes well and stays on the rails.

Oddly for a DCC engine, it came with hook and horn couplers, which I replaced with Kadees, since that's what my railroad uses. After all the paint and parts, my $15 engine, discounted to $10, is probably $15, again, but the way it runs and pulls, it's worth several times that.

Carpe Manana!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2353  ~  Member Since: September 17 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - November 27 2021 :  3:13:35 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Wonderful upgrade. New life.

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - November 27 2021 :  9:14:44 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
Great work and fine attention to detail!
"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in Heaven." - Matthew 5:16

Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/rpmodelrailroads

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/rp_model_railroads/
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 4669  ~  Member Since: August 11 2017  ~  Last Visit: July 20 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - December 04 2021 :  11:47:27 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
Well back from the flea market today. It was a good day. A real good day! Besides the regular trains I got from Gary Athearn Scranton Railroad box car, Dow HObbyline RTR tank car, Silver Streak/Walters/ train miniature Crane, and boxed TM reefer Brookside Dairy, Walters complete kit for an 8,000-gallon tank car and Walters Oscar and Piker both unbuilt and boxed, I got the real good day item, a Tenshodo Northern with tender in Great Northern in factory paint in their boxes for a low price.
"It was a Heck of a Day". Tomorrow is the Hamburgh PA train show. I am not sure if I will go
frank

toptrain

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - December 04 2021 :  11:52:40 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
little jelly you got Oscar & Piker hehe
still want Jailbox car tho

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - December 05 2021 :  5:11:38 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist

Hamberg P.A., train show finds 12-5-2021
1- New York Central Hudson locomotive, All metal, by Franklin Mint, 20th Century Limited
2- Aristocraft Frisco 2-8-2 Mikado. # 4028.
3- Tri-Ang Princess Victoria 4-6-2, for parts.
4- French Pacific by Jouef, SNCF 231 K82, for repair or parts
5- ATSF GP7 by Lionel, for repair or parts.
6- Virginian 2 bay hopper by Marx, In very hard to get Brown.
7- LNE covered 2 bay hopper by Varney. May be custom.
8- Old time Passenger set by Pocher custom painted and lettered for the LNE.
9- Athearn box car LNE.
10- Tri-Ang pullman car JANE
11- Tri-Ang Restaurant car 2401.

toptrain

wks
Big Boy

parrot2015

Posted - December 05 2021 :  5:43:26 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wks to Buddylist

Very nice Frank. Glad you had a nice day in the Keystone State.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 5875  ~  Member Since: February 12 2014  ~  Last Visit: April 25 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - December 06 2021 :  09:52:50 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
"ATSF GP7 by Lionel, for repair or parts."
I wants it!

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - December 07 2021 :  09:46:53 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
quote:
I wants it!

Originally posted by microbusss - December 06 2021 :  09:52:50 AM

Buss, at present it is on my work bench being taken apart. I run out of rust bust, so I need a trip today to a hardware store to get some more. I am looking forward to running it double-headed with another one in longer freight trains. This particular Lionel GP7 has a very different drive system. It has only one powered truck and it is all crud-ed up with rust and gink. I be very lucky if I can get this drive apart without destroying it.
frank

toptrain

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - December 07 2021 :  11:58:25 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
quote:
quote:
I wants it!

Originally posted by microbusss - December 06 2021 :  09:52:50 AM

Buss, at present it is on my work bench being taken apart. I run out of rust bust, so I need a trip today to a hardware store to get some more. I am looking forward to running it double-headed with another one in longer freight trains. This particular Lionel GP7 has a very different drive system. It has only one powered truck and it is all crud-ed up with rust and gunk. I be very lucky if I can get this drive apart without destroying it.
frank

Originally posted by toptrain - December 07 2021 :  09:46:53 AM

Ok well I have a similar one & it does run but not go on tracks
might be gears are wore out idk

Edited by - toptrain on December 08 2021 06:57:58 AM

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - December 07 2021 :  10:10:54 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
This has been a great 4, or 5-week period for me with the acquisition of a number of Vintage steam locomotives. The best being the Tenshodo Great northern 4-8-4, Then the Aristocraft C&O 4-8-2, a pair of Aristocraft 2-6-0 Moguls both the Camden and Amboy, and the Central Pacific. Another Aristocraft Mikado in a different number 4028. These 5 locos have been on my want list for years. I am really happy about that Jouef French 231 (American 4-6-2) for I should have it together and running tomorrow. Its condition is like new just no box. The corroded Lionel Santa Fe GP7 has caused me some grief with the motor drive mechanism mounting screws just not budging, staying frozen solid with their rust and crud. My penetrating oil just isn't doing its job freeing the screws.
frank

toptrain

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - March 30 2022 :  7:02:17 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
About 6 days ago I received in trade a HObbyline Special tank car. Rohm & Hass. By special I mean uncatalogued. I've known of its existence for close to 6 years but have never even seen one till I got my first one. On March 25 I saw another on eBay in a vintage group of 9 tank cars. 2 HObbyline, the ROHM & Hass and a Union starch' two Gilbert, both GULF tank cars a single dome #500 and a3 dome # 511, three varney, 1 Tyco a Hooker tank, and a Globe Apco Apdx 8295. it was listed "make an offer" so I did and got lucky and my offer was accepted. The cars came today. A really nice bunch of tank cars.
frank

toptrain

Edited by - toptrain on April 01 2022 8:03:50 PM

wks
Big Boy

parrot2015

Posted - March 31 2022 :  07:45:06 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wks to Buddylist

Nice acquisitions Frank. They will look natural on your layout.

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - March 31 2022 :  7:53:46 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Ditto to what WKS said, Frank. Those are exquisite gems from when HO
was new. I see these posts of yours and I swear if I were a younger man
I'd have made an operating collection of these beauties.

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - April 01 2022 :  8:02:16 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
Thanks for the nice words, Richy and Jeff. I dont deserve them, but it is nice to hear them. Thank you both! I tell ya,"Younger was better". I keep forgetting things so maybe I'll forget that too. I'll just think, Oh what a good day today has been. That sounds much better.
Well, dont know If I listed it but. Tuesday is my old fuddy dude meeting of the Jersey Central Railroad Historical Society. Best part of the meeting is it is above a American Legon Post in Westfield. It is a very friendly place. The next best is the Movies and slid shows. Yea, lots of trains.
Also Saturday April 9th Is the East Rutherford train show at St. Joe's Church, across the street from the New York Society of Model Engineers club house. Boy that is a formal club name. It should have been the "Happy time Modelers". The next day the 10th, is the Wayne train show at the Pal hall. That for me is a busy weekend. The sat. show is 15 minutes from my town. The Sunday show is 30 minutes or less away. I never had a train weekend like that in my life. So It'll be a whoopee weekend.
See you guys around.
frank

toptrain

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - April 03 2022 :  02:23:36 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
I miss slide shows. They had a certain snap and vividness that power
point doesn't have. There was a time when slide shows were family
entertainment.

thesiding
Big Boy

LionelSince1900Avatar

Posted - April 05 2022 :  10:17:53 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add thesiding to Buddylist
Got this recently Check e bay avinathan for this and other items for sale

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1063  ~  Member Since: August 19 2011  ~  Last Visit: April 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

thesiding
Big Boy

LionelSince1900Avatar

Posted - April 05 2022 :  10:27:10 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add thesiding to Buddylist
oh yeah AND This

Brian4321
Hudson

Gilbert HO

Posted - April 05 2022 :  11:16:22 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Brian4321 to Buddylist
Nice haul, thesiding, especially the US Navy hopper. It looks to be in pristine condition.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 510  ~  Member Since: February 18 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 07 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - April 06 2022 :  4:01:22 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - April 06 2022 :  7:54:18 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
the operating dump car I'd like with the top is the Brach's Candies

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - April 10 2022 :  12:20:20 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
Saturday 4-9-22 New York Society of Model Engineers, Train Show St. Joe's. acrost Hoboken Road from their train club.
From Louie 2 Athearn Lehigh Valley PA-1 locos.
+ other trains I forgot. Didn't take photos yet. I'll got back once I remember.
frank

toptrain

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - April 10 2022 :  12:30:18 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
found a loco for $5
pic is in LOTW

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - April 10 2022 :  1:50:10 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
Today 4-10-22 I went to the Wayne train show and went directly to a dealer I know named Gary. Said hello and looked at his tablewhere He was. He had 4 tables at this show.
HL GN red box car, a nicely done kit from 1957.
HL GAEX green box car, RTR.
HL Monsanto tank car, RTR.
HL Cities service tank car, RTR.
HL Mobilgas tank car, RTR.
HL Erie Gondola car RTR.
HL United switch and Siginal Gondola car. a Special car.
HL Western Maryland hopper. RTR.
HL flat car w load UP 31810.
That was it . I needed coffee!
Went and got us, Gary and me coffee's.
After drinking it down I went further down Gary's tables.
Penn Line Mopack Eagle box car with PL's Yellow door.
PL Rio Grande, Cookie Box car.
Pl Main Central Pine tree Box car.
Pl Union Pacific Streamliner's box car.
Walters Amaco tank Car. AMOX 6330.
Ath?Gloge UP tank car UP69053.
Gilbert Koppers tank car KICX 518.
Mantua old tank car UTLX 29341.
Walters Du Pont tank car DUPX 26901. A small size tank done in yellow and with a black center and dome.
Mantua operating hopper Brach's Candy GACX 43467.
Sakai open hopper, NYC 5973.
New One 0-4-0c with a missing cylinder and no tender.

Now if this isn't enough stuff I also got from Gary three operating lighted siginals. Thomas boxed
Thomas boxed Sun-Ray tank car.
Thomas boxed Sinclair tank car .
Thomas boxed Columbia Southern tank car.

Gould CNJ box car CNJ 28349.
Silvine three different automated and lighted signals.
Another signal by a company Remco

You would think that that is it. I got what I could. NAAAA!

Well I took a wrong turn when leaving passing isles I didn't really look at and their it was for $30.
Set #410 PRR small passenger set "The Commuter". It was the box and the 3 passenger cars less the loco. Now I do have one for this set.

toptrain

Edited by - toptrain on April 10 2022 2:15:53 PM

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - April 10 2022 :  3:59:19 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
quote:

Originally posted by toptrain - April 10 2022 :  1:50:10 PM

ohhh I want the crossing signal! *drooooools!*

thesiding
Big Boy

LionelSince1900Avatar

Posted - November 04 2022 :  4:26:23 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add thesiding to Buddylist
Got these last weekend

/tyco/forum/uploaded/thesiding/20221104162418_Flushing 6.jpg[/img}

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - November 06 2022 :  4:26:38 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
toy show Oct 1st = $0 darn

train show = Nov 26 hope to go

jward
Hudson

PRRShieldAvatar

Posted - November 07 2022 :  09:17:00 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add jward to Buddylist

I found all this stuff at the Greenberg show in Pittsburgh. For less than &110

Atlas Conrail U36C. $60

2 Roundhouse covered hoppers and an Athearn 2 bay hopper. $20

Atlas Peabody hopper $15

Mantua Heavy DuPont tank car. $10.

Honestly, I think I spent more on T shirts for wifey and me than i did on actual trains.

Edited by - jward on November 07 2022 9:27:40 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 483  ~  Member Since: December 22 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

wks
Big Boy

parrot2015

Posted - November 07 2022 :  10:41:07 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wks to Buddylist

I went to a small train show in Lindenhurst New York yesterday.

Bought an old Life Like box of four autumn trees for seven dollars.

Pleasant day around the area on southern Long Island.

thesiding
Big Boy

LionelSince1900Avatar

Posted - November 07 2022 :  9:17:14 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add thesiding to Buddylist
on your next trip go to Manorville of exit 70 New Train store Though Lionel Mth he does occasionally dabble in HO Was at that show to not too much of anything

Still have to sort through the HO I picked up at NY elctric trains

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - November 08 2022 :  3:03:44 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
hey Frank I forgot this!
but in Toy Crazy with Gumby the HO train IS a HObbyline train!
you should get the train used in the episode & get us a pic of it! hehe
https://www.oldmodelkits.com/index.php?detail=30140&page=357&erl=Aurora-HO-School-House-HO-Assembly-Kit-654-129

Edited by - microbusss on November 08 2022 3:04:44 PM

thesiding
Big Boy

LionelSince1900Avatar

Posted - November 09 2022 :  9:08:39 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add thesiding to Buddylist
Recent Purchases. Does the yellow racer go with th trailer flat. It says AHM on it

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - November 09 2022 :  10:38:29 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
yes & I think I seen it as Cox
tho I just now saw the yellow race car on a yellow 1/4 boxcar with Cox Racing Team on it
https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/ahm-cox-vintage-race-car-team-train-404459840

you got UP 3978! Its sister 3977 is in North Platte, NE at Cody Park

Edited by - microbusss on November 09 2022 10:40:19 PM

thesiding
Big Boy

LionelSince1900Avatar

Posted - November 10 2022 :  09:23:21 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add thesiding to Buddylist
Run abd missing some trim IN FACT EVERYTHING RAN Still more to run

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - November 17 2022 :  7:02:15 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
thesiding
oh I'm such a idiot!
as I have one of those race cars you got in you stash

also I know the Hooker Headers boxcar went with that race car set!

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - November 18 2022 :  10:34:01 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
The last train show I went to was last saturday at Allentown and was the First frost train show. My finds on that day were.
Allentown 11-12-22. 1 Bronze Mountain, Bowser.
2 Bachmann, PRR K4.
3 Sakura, Made in Japan, solod bt PFM, B&O 0-4-0t saddle tank loco, made of diecast metal.
4 HObbyline, C&O H12-44
5 HObbyline, SP Twin FA-1’s. scuffed up!
6 Rivarossi, 4-8-2 with no tender. Is a fixer-upper, or parts loco.
7 Gilbert 33819, NYC operating stock car.
8 Lionel 08361, Alaska RR 4 bay hopper black.

Best finds are Bronze Mountain, HObbyline C&O H12-44, and Sakura B&O 0-4-0 dockside

bronze Mountain

HObbyline FM H12-44

Sakura 0-4-0t

toptrain

Edited by - toptrain on November 18 2022 10:37:03 AM

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - November 20 2022 :  1:48:00 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Page: of 21 Previous Topic: Tour the Mantua factory in 1948 Topic Next Topic: crazy but cool video  
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.44 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000