Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 14 ]  [ Total: 14 ]  [ Newest Member: Strummer ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 HO Scale Slot Cars
 The Slot
 AFX Fire and Police
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: 2 more slot cars Topic Next Topic: Slot finds at Greenberg Train show Rich, VA  

walt
Big Boy

Tyco Yum

Posted - October 24 2013 :  11:45:07 AM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add walt to Buddylist
A couple of pics of my AFX Police & Fire cars. The roof light blink when the cars are running. Vans do not have working lights...
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 6279  ~  Member Since: February 18 2009  ~  Last Visit: March 04 2022 Alert Moderator 

AMC_Gremlin_GT
Big Boy

GremlinBL2

Posted - October 24 2013 :  1:14:54 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT an AOL message  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT a Yahoo! Message  Add AMC_Gremlin_GT to Buddylist
Wish the lighting were a bit better in your pictures. Nice vehicles, though!

Jerry

" When life throws you bananas...it's easy to slip up"
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3974  ~  Member Since: January 04 2009  ~  Last Visit: January 11 2019 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

walt
Big Boy

Tyco Yum

Posted - October 24 2013 :  1:43:10 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add walt to Buddylist
Heres a little better pic, Jerry. I'm workin with a phone camera as my Nikon ended up under water for an hour last week. These are nice pieces, the white van is beige some now (yellowed)
Edited by - walt on October 24 2013 1:45:01 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 6279  ~  Member Since: February 18 2009  ~  Last Visit: March 04 2022 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

mytyco
Mikado

FECAvatar

Posted - October 24 2013 :  4:20:17 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add mytyco to Buddylist
Hi Walt,

Those are really cool! Matchbox put out a police car that looks very much like the blue and white one in the top left corner paint wise.

I have 17 slot cars and not a single emergency one. Some day maybe, but I don't really use mine.

Thanks for sharing.

Mytyco
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 790  ~  Member Since: April 30 2006  ~  Last Visit: July 21 2015 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - October 24 2013 :  5:58:31 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
I want ONE ambulance! The orange one I think
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14688  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: April 18 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

DaCheez
Big Boy

Nose

Posted - October 24 2013 :  7:01:19 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Click to see DaCheez's MSN Messenger address  Add DaCheez to Buddylist
Nice cars Walt! Are those all Magnatraction? How hard are they to find? I know Tyco made several emergency vehicles, but they seem to be quite scarce.

Here's my beat-up Tyco Satellite in Fire Chief paint...

Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 3319  ~  Member Since: September 22 2006  ~  Last Visit: April 07 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

walt
Big Boy

Tyco Yum

Posted - October 24 2013 :  7:25:20 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add walt to Buddylist
Thank you, guys for the comments.. Cheez, these cars and vans are on Ebay all the time. All are magnatraction, the vans are a bit top heavy on the track. The State Police car gets a little pricey ...
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 6279  ~  Member Since: February 18 2009  ~  Last Visit: March 04 2022 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Jeepman
Little Six

GreatNorthernAvatar

Posted - October 27 2013 :  12:00:01 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Jeepman to Buddylist
There is a thread in the hobbytalk website under slot cars using Hydrogen peroxide and putting the glass with the yellowed white body. It bleaches them out. I tried it with some Tyco white bodies and it works but decals and chrome don't look good after.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 133  ~  Member Since: January 30 2010  ~  Last Visit: April 07 2019 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

walt
Big Boy

Tyco Yum

Posted - February 02 2015 :  8:40:18 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add walt to Buddylist
quote:
Hi Walt,

Those are really cool! Matchbox put out a police car that looks very much like the blue and white one in the top left corner paint wise.

I have 17 slot cars and not a single emergency one. Some day maybe, but I don't really use mine.

Thanks for sharing.

Mytyco

Originally posted by mytyco - October 24 2013 :  4:20:17 PM

I actually just found this posting ... That's cool Mike, sad thing is most of my slot cars are emergency vehicles... Will be getting more as I progress with the layout ...
  Previous Topic: 2 more slot cars Topic Next Topic: Slot finds at Greenberg Train show Rich, VA  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.38 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000