Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 15 ]  [ Total: 15 ]  [ Newest Member: Rohan4301 ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 General HO Train Discussions
 Railroadiana
 YouTube video
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: We Are Railfans Topic Next Topic: Train stuff in two harbors mn  

RBNicholson
Switcher

Posted - October 15 2013 :  09:03:18 AM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add RBNicholson to Buddylist
I suppose everyone's seen this but me, but I'm posting this link, just in case. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9B5A-AgRGxU

Very interesting layout, and fantastic modeling!

RBNicholson
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 96  ~  Member Since: September 12 2013  ~  Last Visit: November 19 2013 Alert Moderator 

scsshaggy
Big Boy

scsshaggy

Posted - October 15 2013 :  11:01:29 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add scsshaggy to Buddylist
I hadn't seen it, but I'm glad to see it now. Think of the challenge of modeling such an undocumented time. Photos still exist of people and of momentous times and places, but not so many of the mundane.

Imagine trying to get a handle of what a typical farm yard had in it, or what industries would be typical at track side. The research would be a big hurdle. I model a time shortly after WWII. I was not yet born, but my parents were, and I can ask questions. I can watch movies made then and look at old pictures. It's not terribly remote.

I cannot know how accurate he is, but it all looks natural. I liked the soil compaction in the army camp. The way the grass thinned out into bare dirt where many feet had trod just looked right. The trees and roads and fences look good. That's one sweet layout.

Carpe Manana!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2353  ~  Member Since: September 17 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

DaCheez
Big Boy

Nose

Posted - October 15 2013 :  11:05:07 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Click to see DaCheez's MSN Messenger address  Add DaCheez to Buddylist
I've never seen that one before either. Beautiful job. As much as I like my brightly coloured Tyco trains, it's always cool to see a themed layout.

Thanks for posting the link!
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 3319  ~  Member Since: September 22 2006  ~  Last Visit: April 07 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

RBNicholson
Switcher

Posted - October 16 2013 :  10:03:03 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RBNicholson to Buddylist
quote:
I've never seen that one before either. Beautiful job. As much as I like my brightly coloured Tyco trains, it's always cool to see a themed layout.

Thanks for posting the link!

Originally posted by DaCheez - October 15 2013 :  11:05:07 PM

I especially liked the interior view of the roundhouse. I think anybody whose seen "Gone with the Wind should recognize the location. Can you believe the unbelievavble misery laid out on those yard tracks? Isn't war great? I wonder if those young bucks at the beginning of the film thought any of that would happen to them when they rushed to sign up?

RBNicholson
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 96  ~  Member Since: September 12 2013  ~  Last Visit: November 19 2013 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

scsshaggy
Big Boy

scsshaggy

Posted - October 16 2013 :  11:29:21 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add scsshaggy to Buddylist
quote:
I wonder if those young bucks at the beginning of the film thought any of that would happen to them when they rushed to sign up?

Originally posted by RBNicholson - October 16 2013 :  10:03:03 AM

I've wondered that, too. It seems to be a recurring theme in movies about the civil war that everyone romantically expected to march to glory in a splendid little war. On the other hand, the Mexican/American war had to be a living memory in some minds and at least a few people had to know that a .50 caliber slug tearing through you is not splendid.

Carpe Manana!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2353  ~  Member Since: September 17 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

walt
Big Boy

Tyco Yum

Posted - October 16 2013 :  11:51:10 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add walt to Buddylist
Very Nice!!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 6279  ~  Member Since: February 18 2009  ~  Last Visit: March 04 2022 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

EM-1
Big Boy

B&O EM-1 7614

Posted - October 16 2013 :  3:58:17 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Click to see EM-1's MSN Messenger address  Send EM-1 a Yahoo! Message  Add EM-1 to Buddylist
They sure done a nice job of that layout......
~John

Many have tried to, and failed, ya just can't repair stupid...

Do NOT try to Idiot-Proof anything!!!! God, will simply create a better......IDIOT!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2911  ~  Member Since: March 26 2012  ~  Last Visit: January 14 2014 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

RBNicholson
Switcher

Posted - October 17 2013 :  3:52:30 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RBNicholson to Buddylist
I just viewed it again, and found it just as impressive as the first rime I saw it. My great grandfather was in Sherman's march to the sea. I've seen a B&W photo somewhere recently of the Atlanta Roundhouse after he got done with it. Not pretty
RBNicholson
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 96  ~  Member Since: September 12 2013  ~  Last Visit: November 19 2013 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

wks
Big Boy

parrot2015

Posted - August 01 2020 :  9:04:37 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wks to Buddylist

Uncover this treasure for new and long time members. Other videos show this interesting layout.

Amazing what you see when you look back at the old threads of this magnificent forum. A treasure trove of cool stuff.

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 5875  ~  Member Since: February 12 2014  ~  Last Visit: April 25 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - August 01 2020 :  11:48:37 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
I've never seen it, and but rarely does someone take on the
Civil War as a theme. This is fabulous and inspirational.
Thank you for posting.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11193  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 21 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

BlaxlandAlex3
Big Boy

Jupiterpfp2

Posted - August 02 2020 :  08:36:26 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add BlaxlandAlex3 to Buddylist
Thank you for the bump wks! This is right up my alley! Love the bright colors on those generals!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1549  ~  Member Since: October 10 2019  ~  Last Visit: January 04 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: We Are Railfans Topic Next Topic: Train stuff in two harbors mn  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.3 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000