Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 25 ]  [ Total: 25 ]  [ Newest Member: cobranut427 ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 General HO Train Discussions
 Loose Ends
 What you find in the box..........
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Railroad yard (roadbed) Topic Next Topic: Con-Cor goodies  

thesiding
Big Boy

LionelSince1900Avatar

Posted - August 06 2013 :  11:22:48 AM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add thesiding to Buddylist

Felt this was the place to post this

Over the years of buying trains sometimes you find many a surprise

Sometimes you find photos I found stero optic cards wedding slides and the ocasional fire cracker

BUT never anything like this

From my latest purchase from a Tag sale

The whole house was being emptied guns could have been there but not for sale

Anyone have any stories?
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1063  ~  Member Since: August 19 2011  ~  Last Visit: May 06 2024 Alert Moderator 

Redneck Justin
Big Boy

The Young Dr.Frankenstein!

Posted - August 06 2013 :  11:38:23 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Redneck Justin to Buddylist
A jolly rancher was found in a wrapper one time when I bought some slot car parts.
" Heck with counting 'em rivets, TRAINS ARE FOR FUN! Not called the Mad Scientist for nothing either!"
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3145  ~  Member Since: May 07 2007  ~  Last Visit: April 04 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

EM-1
Big Boy

B&O EM-1 7614

Posted - August 06 2013 :  12:48:06 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Click to see EM-1's MSN Messenger address  Send EM-1 a Yahoo! Message  Add EM-1 to Buddylist
WELL this IS interesting....I went to garage sale one time and bought a HUGE box of trains off a guy that said it was his sons that had moved out and into his own life......

Was a pretty big box....the WHOLE bottom of the box had a double layer of VHS tapes, the "bad" ones..... I was a little ashamed when I got it home when I wasn't much more then a kid at the time and my Grandfather helping me remove the trains as he was into the trains too.....THEN that's when he and I seen the nasties! LOL

(I'm just glad my mom never seen it she would have blew a whistle on me right then and there!)

~John

Many have tried to, and failed, ya just can't repair stupid...

Do NOT try to Idiot-Proof anything!!!! God, will simply create a better......IDIOT!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2911  ~  Member Since: March 26 2012  ~  Last Visit: January 14 2014 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

catfordken

SREnglishGentlemanAvatar

Posted - August 06 2013 :  12:53:37 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send catfordken a Yahoo! Message  Add catfordken to Buddylist
i am shocked that someone left a round of ammo in a box,think what a kid might do with itken
 Country: United Kingdom  ~  Posts: 8294  ~  Member Since: September 28 2006  ~  Last Visit: October 20 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

EM-1
Big Boy

B&O EM-1 7614

Posted - August 06 2013 :  12:57:23 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Click to see EM-1's MSN Messenger address  Send EM-1 a Yahoo! Message  Add EM-1 to Buddylist
Scary thought huh Ken?..... you definitely got a point there!
~John

Do NOT try to Idiot-Proof anything!!!! God, will simply create a better......IDIOT!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2911  ~  Member Since: March 26 2012  ~  Last Visit: January 14 2014 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

LGLrr845
Big Six

MantuaAvatar

Posted - August 06 2013 :  4:08:54 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add LGLrr845 to Buddylist
Got several books from Britain and I get s bunch of british candies. All were very good and actually healthy. And if a kid does do something stupid with a bullet, well... lets just say I won't be the least bit sorry.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 239  ~  Member Since: September 17 2012  ~  Last Visit: November 09 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

mytyco
Mikado

FECAvatar

Posted - August 06 2013 :  6:28:00 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add mytyco to Buddylist
Hi All,

Looks just like the plastic toy bullets I had in my toy gun belt when I was a kid.

Mytyco
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 790  ~  Member Since: April 30 2006  ~  Last Visit: July 21 2015 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

NC shortlines
Big Boy

AberdeenRockfishAvatar

Posted - August 06 2013 :  7:30:30 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add NC shortlines to Buddylist
quote:
....from Britain and I get s bunch of british candies. All were very good and actually healthy.

Originally posted by LGLrr845 - August 06 2013 :  4:08:54 PM

Crunchy Frog, perhaps?

I've found a few things but, not with model train purchases. I bought a cheap camera from a yard sale. Had film in it. Got it developed and there were some pictures of a wedding , the bride was making faces and such. Turns out the girl is someone my wife is friends with. We got a kick out of giving the pictures to the girl.

Unspoken expectations are premeditated failures.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 825  ~  Member Since: December 22 2008  ~  Last Visit: March 16 2015 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

thesiding
Big Boy

LionelSince1900Avatar

Posted - August 06 2013 :  9:10:44 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add thesiding to Buddylist
It was in a box of Marx Track

Also found a pink zircon hoping it was my nieces birth stone it wasn't
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1063  ~  Member Since: August 19 2011  ~  Last Visit: May 06 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

LGLrr845
Big Six

MantuaAvatar

Posted - August 06 2013 :  9:46:12 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add LGLrr845 to Buddylist
No, not crunchy frog. Some sort of fruit candy. Thanked the seller for the candy.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 239  ~  Member Since: September 17 2012  ~  Last Visit: November 09 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

gmoney
Big Boy

SCRF 77

Posted - August 06 2013 :  9:59:10 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add gmoney to Buddylist
So John, whatidja do with the "nasties?"
Glenn

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1486  ~  Member Since: December 13 2008  ~  Last Visit: April 02 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

EM-1
Big Boy

B&O EM-1 7614

Posted - August 06 2013 :  10:43:24 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Click to see EM-1's MSN Messenger address  Send EM-1 a Yahoo! Message  Add EM-1 to Buddylist
My Grandfather took 'em! I didn't even get to see what was on the sleeves!!!
~John

AMC_Gremlin_GT
Big Boy

GremlinBL2

Posted - August 07 2013 :  07:28:38 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT an AOL message  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT a Yahoo! Message  Add AMC_Gremlin_GT to Buddylist
with an item as small as that, it could easily have fallen into the box in a closet, and no one knew about it. Can't say as how I've found anything too unusual to report in all my box lots of trains I've bought, myself. Well,, I DID find a tank car that was full of pennies, someone had weighted one down ( overly heavy, I think ), and it had come unglued in the box, probably just too much weight. Definitely NOT NMRA standard! That's about the only thing I've found unusual.

Jerry

" When life throws you bananas...it's easy to slip up"
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3974  ~  Member Since: January 04 2009  ~  Last Visit: January 11 2019 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

thesiding
Big Boy

LionelSince1900Avatar

Posted - August 07 2013 :  11:22:29 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add thesiding to Buddylist
Had the bober caboose from 1957 Lionel or Rivorssi with pennies glued two bttom dated 1950's hence wheat

And wayyyyyyyyyyy back in 1977 my first BIG purchase of Lionel my dad found a ballerina figure in the milk car
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1063  ~  Member Since: August 19 2011  ~  Last Visit: May 06 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

thesiding
Big Boy

LionelSince1900Avatar

Posted - March 24 2017 :  12:39:19 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add thesiding to Buddylist
WELL HAD TO LOOK LONG AND HARD for this segment I posted BUT I FOUND IT!!

Today while sorting got some Life Like items together and proceeded to switch f-9 shells

AND when I got the Santa Fe off..............................

found

Not the first time I have seen coins used for weights whatever BUT never quarters

Check your stuff Gang!!!!!!!

Edited by - thesiding on March 24 2017 5:08:47 PM

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - March 26 2017 :  08:13:25 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
* Well here is my info on the matter concerning the use of coins for car weights. If you travel in your car 10 miles, or 35 each way, to a hobby store and pay a turnpike toal of $4.00, each way, to get there and see the cost of the ready made weights with two face tape on them, all of a sudden using coins as weights becomes a cost efficient way of making your cars a little heavier. You save the trip to the hobby shop for the expensive things.
frank

toptrain

" It's a Heck of a Day " !!!

Edited by - toptrain on March 26 2017 08:14:56 AM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 7504  ~  Member Since: August 07 2008  ~  Last Visit: February 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

DaCheez
Big Boy

Nose

Posted - March 26 2017 :  8:24:38 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Click to see DaCheez's MSN Messenger address  Add DaCheez to Buddylist
I've got a passenger car or two that I glued a large number of pennies into several years ago. They work just fine. Unfortunately there are no more pennies in Canada so future endeavors may be a little more expensive...
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 3323  ~  Member Since: September 22 2006  ~  Last Visit: May 03 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: Railroad yard (roadbed) Topic Next Topic: Con-Cor goodies  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.38 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000