Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 1 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 31 ]  [ Total: 32 ]  [ Newest Member: cobranut427 ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 General HO Train Discussions
 The Trading Post
 Eldon train wanted
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Cheezy Gondola Loads: upping the ante! Topic Next Topic: wanted parts for tyco twelve wheeler  

59Chevy
Big Six

Posted - June 11 2013 :  9:49:54 PM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add 59Chevy to Buddylist
I'm looking for an Eldon train for my Christmas layout. I'd love to get a working engine, box car, flat car and caboose.

Anyone have one to sell?
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 293  ~  Member Since: January 17 2010  ~  Last Visit: September 29 2023 Alert Moderator 

AMC_Gremlin_GT
Big Boy

GremlinBL2

Posted - June 12 2013 :  9:54:14 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT an AOL message  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT a Yahoo! Message  Add AMC_Gremlin_GT to Buddylist
quote:
I'm looking for an Eldon train for my Christmas layout. I'd love to get a working engine, box car, flat car and caboose.

Anyone have one to sell?

Originally posted by 59Chevy - June 11 2013 :  9:49:54 PM

No, I just have one to tease you with. LOL! Sorry, not selling mine anytime soon ( or ever ), I just missed out on some tight radius Eldon curved track on Ebay night before last <darn!>, I wasn't watching the end of the auction and got outbid by 50 cents. oh well. I'm sure I'll eventually find more somewhere.

Jerry

" When life throws you bananas...it's easy to slip up"
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3974  ~  Member Since: January 04 2009  ~  Last Visit: January 11 2019 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

lvrr325
Big Boy

Posted - June 14 2013 :  05:24:01 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add lvrr325 to Buddylist
Lots of track on eBay, although I don't think I'd use it after seeing the train only has four wheels. Which, a complete set sold for $130 or so a while back. Must be fairly rare, I've never seen one that I know of and I am at shows all the time.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 956  ~  Member Since: January 27 2008  ~  Last Visit: May 27 2016 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

AMC_Gremlin_GT
Big Boy

GremlinBL2

Posted - June 20 2013 :  10:53:15 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT an AOL message  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT a Yahoo! Message  Add AMC_Gremlin_GT to Buddylist
thanks to some recent searches, and 59Chevy held off bidding on a 4th bag of track I managed to acquire enough pieces of vintage Eldon track to complete a tight circle. And I mean TIGHT, this diameter in the picture is 16 inches between the outside rail. I assume that's an 8 inch radius! But for this Eldon train, that is perfect. Here's a picture of the Eldon Little Big Train on Eldon tight radius track, with a standard Tyco HO boxcar in the middle on a 5th piece of track. The rest of the track lot was standard 18" radius stock. I found that this eldon circle will fit on food platter tray. I may leave it permanently set up on it like this. Will have to put new rubber bands on this engine, they dried up and broke off while arranging for this picture. A video will be made eventually of this train running.

Jerry

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3974  ~  Member Since: January 04 2009  ~  Last Visit: January 11 2019 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

59Chevy
Big Six

Posted - June 21 2013 :  09:20:29 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add 59Chevy to Buddylist
That looks cooooool! Looking forward to the video.

You know what might be neat, setting that up on one of those cake stands that you put in the middle of a table. Maybe even get one of those stands that has the clear glass cover and making a little diorama under glass. Just a goofy idea.

Nice!

I still want your train!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 293  ~  Member Since: January 17 2010  ~  Last Visit: September 29 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

59Chevy
Big Six

Posted - June 21 2013 :  09:28:56 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add 59Chevy to Buddylist
Something like this, only a little wider, obviously...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Stainless-Steel-Cake-Serving-Stand-With-Cover-/271223127299?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f26287d03

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 293  ~  Member Since: January 17 2010  ~  Last Visit: September 29 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

AMC_Gremlin_GT
Big Boy

GremlinBL2

Posted - June 22 2013 :  09:32:51 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT an AOL message  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT a Yahoo! Message  Add AMC_Gremlin_GT to Buddylist
quote:
That looks cooooool! Looking forward to the video.

I still want your train!

Originally posted by 59Chevy - June 21 2013 :  09:20:29 AM

I tell ya what, soon as I get all THREE engines in one place, I'll pick the two I want to keep, and sell you the third one. How about $15 plus shipping? I'll send you pics first. :) I can't sell you a whole train, as I only have 1 box car and 1 caboose, no flat. HOWEVER, I was looking at the old Matchbox train cars, remember those? Perfect era, and they're not that heavy, either. I'm thinking I might try to convert one to actual HO axles, see if they'll work/fit, it looks possible. That would make a nice passenger train option , two of those. And about the right size, too. I don't need 3 engines, and since you want one bad enough, and have the track for it, I will part with one engine. That will at least enable you to do something, you might could cut down some old HO cars and make shorties for it. :) Be a neat trick! If you're interested, let me know, 59, that'd be fine....

Jerry

59Chevy
Big Six

Posted - June 22 2013 :  09:50:04 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add 59Chevy to Buddylist
Ha ha! I'm just kidding with you!

But, sure, if you ever get one that runs that you want to sell, let me know.

Glad you got the track. Looking forward to seeing your video!

Mark

NickelPlate759
Big Boy

Rivarossi Logo

Posted - June 23 2013 :  9:56:42 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add NickelPlate759 to Buddylist
Jerry, I'd check if there any size of Goody PVC hair bands would fit the loco. They last forever, though you wouldn't want anything tight enough to bind. They are stiffer than rubber bands.
The Tyco Depot
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3927  ~  Member Since: June 20 2007  ~  Last Visit: November 19 2015 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

AMC_Gremlin_GT
Big Boy

GremlinBL2

Posted - June 23 2013 :  10:49:24 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT an AOL message  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT a Yahoo! Message  Add AMC_Gremlin_GT to Buddylist
quote:
Jerry, I'd check if there any size of Goody PVC hair bands would fit the loco. They last forever.... They are stiffer than rubber bands.

Originally posted by NickelPlate759 - June 23 2013 :  9:56:42 PM

Actually, I had bought some hair bands to try on the Hustlers, which didn't work, and they might be small enough to fit these loco's. I'll have to see if I can find them again.

Jerry

AMC_Gremlin_GT
Big Boy

GremlinBL2

Posted - July 03 2013 :  6:26:40 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT an AOL message  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT a Yahoo! Message  Add AMC_Gremlin_GT to Buddylist
I found these little pullback friction trains at Toys R Us, and decided to try to make a Paassenger car work with the Eldon set. I took one to work today, and was able to mount an HO truck easily The center "beam" area is hollow, so I THINK I can even mount some Kadee couplers in there after I open a slot at each end! and add some extra weight, too. While they may not be prototypical, they are similar in size to the Eldon set, slightly smaller, and with just 3 passenger cars and the locomotive, it would look OK I think. Here's a few pictures I took of my effort once I got home from work.

With the truck mounted, the pin and hoop setup is higher than the Eldon setup, and without a major cut-down on the new passenger car, which would place the wheels up into the car body and hit the sides, I think I'll just cut them off flush with the ends, and put Kadee couplers on them. I'll have to see how one will hook up to the engine next. But it looks like I will now have a passenger set to go with my Eldon freight set.

Jerry

AMC_Gremlin_GT
Big Boy

GremlinBL2

Posted - June 17 2015 :  12:00:22 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT an AOL message  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT a Yahoo! Message  Add AMC_Gremlin_GT to Buddylist
Well, I decided for some reason to search on Eldon track again this week, and lo and behold, buried in the slot track auctions, there was one LONE auction with HO train track, and 10 pieces of Eldon curved, some straight, and a switch even. I waited tonight for the auction to end, hoping to get the lot for $10, but it was not to be. Someone else wanted it, too. I ended up getting the lot for 21.80, not bad really. I'm thinking of adding the Eldon Railroad to an HO module, with all the curves, it would make a really cool short-line railroad connecting to the main line railroad. Still haven't gotten that Eldon video done yet, I will have to make that a priority on my HO project list.
At any rate, here's a few pictures of my newest Eldon acquisitions. The other track is Atlas and Fleischmann, I told the seller to keep the long straights, don't bother shipping those. More trouble than they're worth to send me. But glad to get more of those 7.5 inch radius curves, and the switch, too!

Jerry

AMC_Gremlin_GT
Big Boy

GremlinBL2

Posted - June 23 2015 :  12:42:47 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT an AOL message  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT a Yahoo! Message  Add AMC_Gremlin_GT to Buddylist
Well,I received my Ebay purchase today, and had to go to the post office, because of course they tried to deliver it last Friday, when my company was closed, and I'm afraid they might not attempt redelivery, so I went over to the post office and retrieved it, luckily they still had it.
got back to my office , and opened up the package to check the contents. What I found was that in addition to the Eldon 7.5 " radius track, the Fleischmann track was 250mm radius, which was just slightly bigger than the eldon, meaning I could have a two-track tiny layout! That is Fleischmann #6020 curves, they apparently aren't made any longer in that radius. But I did find a guy in Italy selling some, not sure if by the piece or box set. Sent him a question, but he put his ad in Italian, and I couldn't read it. Ebay was no help, couldn't translate it.
Got home, and proceeded to change out all the old joiners, they were old, beat, and bent up. I'd retrieved a desk drawer on Sunday from a dumpster, and was going to put the track inside it,but the Fleischmann was a bit too wide, so I got some foam-core board pieces, and cut them to fit the reverse side (bottom), and frictioni-fitted them in. The outer track loop is just a hair too big, but I can manage that with some add-on sides to this mini-module layout. :) Got those all cut , fitted, and pressed in, and mounted the two circles of track , not secured. Took them outside for a photo op.
So, this is all my Eldon collection of track, engines, and cars. I made the platter layout first, so I have 3 tracks to run all 3 engines on. Will populate both layouts this year wtih stuff. Need to replace those rubber bands inside the engines, too!
Found some other small plastic train cars at a flea market, and the orange passenger cars were from Toys R Us. So I have more material to make additonal rolling stock now, too. Ok, on with the pictures!

Jerry

AMC_Gremlin_GT
Big Boy

GremlinBL2

Posted - February 21 2016 :  8:19:58 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT an AOL message  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT a Yahoo! Message  Add AMC_Gremlin_GT to Buddylist
Well, as luck would have it, another pile of Eldon track appeared on Ebay last week, and I was the only bidder, auction ending today, so I have more tight radius track to work with, either with the eldon trains or some trolleys as I want to run some of those, too. Looks like about 12 pieces of the curved track. I finished up my two-track module in snow cover awhile back, I need to add a piece of wood on the side to be under the Fleischmann circle, as it's a bit wider than the 2' square module I built, so needs some additional wood added. Easy fix.

Jerry

Previous Topic: Cheezy Gondola Loads: upping the ante! Topic Next Topic: wanted parts for tyco twelve wheeler  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.5 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000