Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 5 ]  [ Total: 5 ]  [ Newest Member: Strummer ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 Tyco Trains
 Tyco Prototypes
 More Tyco Pre-Production? Auto Loader Cars
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Tyco Prototype U50C Topic Next Topic: Tyco Alco C-630 Burlington Prototype  

ChessieRR
Big Six

BNSFAvatar

Posted - February 18 2013 :  10:46:11 AM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add ChessieRR to Buddylist
I recall someone, thought it was GIC? Found some of the tyco catalog version autoloader camaros and javelins. The difference being the fact that production models had silver painted bumpers and grills, and the pre-prods had no painting. Well looking through boxes at the train show I found two more, a green camaro and a blue javelin. These came home with me of course. I will post photos, but they look almost the same as the other cars, but no paint. The presence of two cars from the same vendor at the same show rules out factory mistakes.

ChessieRR
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 332  ~  Member Since: February 24 2012  ~  Last Visit: January 26 2015 Alert Moderator 

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - February 18 2013 :  12:33:16 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
yes it was He now known as spiderj76
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14688  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: April 18 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

ChessieRR
Big Six

BNSFAvatar

Posted - February 21 2013 :  11:23:52 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add ChessieRR to Buddylist
Yeah I can't remember if that set included a green camaro and blue javelin, if it did not it could be from the same set, if it did it could be from a possible second set of pre-prod cars.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 332  ~  Member Since: February 24 2012  ~  Last Visit: January 26 2015 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Alco Fan
Big Boy

PRRGoldAvatar

Posted - February 23 2013 :  6:45:13 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Alco Fan to Buddylist
I have a green Camaro but I wrote it off as being faded by the sun or from the house of a smoker or both.
Alco Fan
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2496  ~  Member Since: August 03 2006  ~  Last Visit: December 06 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

spiderj76
Big Boy

Posted - February 24 2013 :  12:22:51 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add spiderj76 to Buddylist
Both the Tyco AMX and Camaro can be found in all six colors (red, orange, yellow, green, blue, white)... but NOT in the same package. They were packaged as a 3-of-each-car / 1-of-each-color potpourri.

Like many things Tyco, they were cheapened over time. The earlier releases had the "chrome" trim and blue window inserts. Over time it seems they were prone to lose each of these features.

The 80's K-car autos have neither window inserts nor painted trim. They can be found in red, white, and two shades each of green and blue.

The earlier Autoloader railroad cars have some interesting variants, but the auto loads were all the same.

In my site gallery I have a few autoloaders displayed with homogenized loads displaying all the colors... it's neat to build a consist like this.

The catalog version of a Yellow autoloader with Athearn Cadillacs was, of course, a non-production mockup.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2798  ~  Member Since: September 17 2010  ~  Last Visit: July 22 2015 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: Tyco Prototype U50C Topic Next Topic: Tyco Alco C-630 Burlington Prototype  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.2 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000