Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 12 ]  [ Total: 12 ]  [ Newest Member: Rohan4301 ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 Forum Related
 Forum Updates
 New Server / Hosting in Place
   Only Administrators can post NEW topics in this forum
   Only Administrators can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: New Year Server Outage Topic Next Topic: Auto-Centering of Images  

New_York_Central
Founder

NYCDreyfussAvatar

Posted - June 14 2010 :  11:14:19 PM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add New_York_Central to Buddylist
The move to the new server is all staged and ready. I've got all the code in place and have finally gotten the email functionality to work ( a real p.i.a.) It's so much easier in some ways when you just do it yourself. My time is more important to me than money so I'm paying to have it hosted.

There are two things that still need to be moved, all of the user images in posts and the database at the time of the move. I'll have to shut down the forums during that transition, both the current and the new. Right after shutdown I'll also need to update the internets DNS records for the forums so that people will be directed to the new server. We'll have to see how quickly that happens, for some they might see the new server within minutes and others could take a day or two. It's the nature of the internet. Be patient.

One thing that will definately be helpful is for all users to clear their cookies and cache from their browsers on the day of the move. That day is yet to be determined but will be before the end of June. I will keep you all updated as I have any new information.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1324  ~  Member Since: October 30 2005  ~  Last Visit: April 22 2024 Alert Moderator 
  Previous Topic: New Year Server Outage Topic Next Topic: Auto-Centering of Images  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.14 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000