Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 14 ]  [ Total: 14 ]  [ Newest Member: Strummer ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 HO Scale Slot Cars
 The Poll Position
 Nascar Super Sound set
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: I suspect one of you guys will be interested.... Topic Next Topic: ''80s Cliff Hanger set Vettes  

Alco Fan
Big Boy

PRRGoldAvatar

Posted - July 01 2012 :  1:13:03 PM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add Alco Fan to Buddylist
While at a community yard sale last weekend I bought an almost complete Nascar Super Sound Tyco Electric racing set by Mattel. The box lists HPX and Magnum 440-x and Interactive "Talking Racing Action, pits and 8 pit crew figures and 2 Nascar cars #4 Kodak and #96 Caterpillar from 1997-8. The original price from Hills was $59.86! It looks like it has all the track most of the cardboard decorations like flagman's stand are there missing the grandstand cutout. Three pit crew members are missing though and the box is a bit rough but could be repaired. The cars look like they were used very little and the talking action works.
I'll post pics later.

Alco Fan
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2496  ~  Member Since: August 03 2006  ~  Last Visit: December 06 2021 Alert Moderator 

Alco Fan
Big Boy

PRRGoldAvatar

Posted - July 01 2012 :  7:12:28 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Alco Fan to Buddylist
Tyco Nascar Super sound Electric Racing Set contents

Alco Fan
Edited by - Alco Fan on July 01 2012 7:13:15 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2496  ~  Member Since: August 03 2006  ~  Last Visit: December 06 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

walt
Big Boy

Tyco Yum

Posted - July 01 2012 :  7:57:44 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add walt to Buddylist
Nice Alco Fan! It's nice to see the old slot car sets surface...
Walt

Luck, usually comes dressed in work clothes...
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 6279  ~  Member Since: February 18 2009  ~  Last Visit: March 04 2022 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Alco Fan
Big Boy

PRRGoldAvatar

Posted - July 01 2012 :  7:59:51 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Alco Fan to Buddylist
Walt,
This set is listed as being interactive in that the cars are told to pit and if they don't the lose power and may not win.

Alco Fan
Edited by - Alco Fan on July 01 2012 8:00:39 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2496  ~  Member Since: August 03 2006  ~  Last Visit: December 06 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

walt
Big Boy

Tyco Yum

Posted - July 03 2012 :  02:17:36 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add walt to Buddylist
That's really cool Alco Fan, I didn't even know they made sets that worked like that... Guess that's because I got away from the hobby about 20 years before that set was made.

I have never forgotten how much fun the Slots and trains was from all those days ago...

Walt

Edited by - walt on July 03 2012 10:40:06 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 6279  ~  Member Since: February 18 2009  ~  Last Visit: March 04 2022 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

DaCheez
Big Boy

Nose

Posted - July 03 2012 :  8:55:35 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Click to see DaCheez's MSN Messenger address  Add DaCheez to Buddylist
That's an awesome looking set! . It's amazing how much these things cost new. Lately I've been buying slotcar track at thrift stores...$4 for a whole bag seems to be the norm
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 3319  ~  Member Since: September 22 2006  ~  Last Visit: April 07 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

NickelPlate759
Big Boy

Rivarossi Logo

Posted - July 03 2012 :  11:08:08 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add NickelPlate759 to Buddylist
That's pretty weird to see a set of slot car turnouts. I had some old Aurora T-Jet turnouts for the pit, but these really resemble a set of tinplate turnouts.

The cars are lightyears ahead of the 70's CF Tyco ones quality-wise. They look really well put together.

So what did you pay for the set?

The Tyco Depot
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3927  ~  Member Since: June 20 2007  ~  Last Visit: November 19 2015 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Alco Fan
Big Boy

PRRGoldAvatar

Posted - July 04 2012 :  8:36:01 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Alco Fan to Buddylist
You're right it does have turnouts and it says you have to learn how to drive into them.
I probably payed to much, I payed a buck.

Alco Fan

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - July 05 2012 :  1:53:22 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
neato & here I am trying to get rid of my race sets
Tyco came out with a few TC (Total Control) race sets one time
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14688  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: April 18 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

walt
Big Boy

Tyco Yum

Posted - July 05 2012 :  6:56:31 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add walt to Buddylist
What are the race sets you are trying to get rid of, Ben?
Walt

Jeepman
Little Six

GreatNorthernAvatar

Posted - November 27 2012 :  4:51:04 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Jeepman to Buddylist
Very nice find. I watch constantly for anything train or slot car related. Never had a better buy than an old US 1 set for $50. If you need me to buy that from you I'll triple your money and you can keep the box . LOL
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 133  ~  Member Since: January 30 2010  ~  Last Visit: April 07 2019 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - November 27 2012 :  4:54:17 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
oh I'll get pics of them tomorrow
IF JohnnyKane is still around I want to sell him my US-1 sets
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14688  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: April 18 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: I suspect one of you guys will be interested.... Topic Next Topic: ''80s Cliff Hanger set Vettes  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.44 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000