Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 20 ]  [ Total: 20 ]  [ Newest Member: Yellow_TankCar ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 OTW's - The "Of The Week" Series
 Locomotive of the Week (LOTW)
 lotw 2012 may 13th-may 19th
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: LOTW 27TH MAY-2ND JUNE Topic Next Topic: lotw 2012 21st Jan-27th Jan  

catfordken

SREnglishGentlemanAvatar

Posted - May 12 2012 :  8:25:29 PM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Send catfordken a Yahoo! Message  Add catfordken to Buddylist
a nice smooth runner,a k-4 ken
 Country: United Kingdom  ~  Posts: 8294  ~  Member Since: September 28 2006  ~  Last Visit: October 20 2021 Alert Moderator 

EM-1
Big Boy

B&O EM-1 7614

Posted - May 12 2012 :  11:19:10 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Click to see EM-1's MSN Messenger address  Send EM-1 a Yahoo! Message  Add EM-1 to Buddylist
Ken,
A brass model? It SURE looks like it to me!

~John

Many have tried to, and failed, ya just can't repair stupid...

Do NOT try to Idiot-Proof anything!!!! God, will simply create a better......IDIOT!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2911  ~  Member Since: March 26 2012  ~  Last Visit: January 14 2014 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

NickelPlate759
Big Boy

Rivarossi Logo

Posted - May 13 2012 :  01:10:22 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add NickelPlate759 to Buddylist
Ken... you are a cruel, cruel man posting locos like that.

So who made that brass beauty, already?

The Tyco Depot
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3927  ~  Member Since: June 20 2007  ~  Last Visit: November 19 2015 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

EM-1
Big Boy

B&O EM-1 7614

Posted - May 13 2012 :  01:31:03 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Click to see EM-1's MSN Messenger address  Send EM-1 a Yahoo! Message  Add EM-1 to Buddylist
Correct me if I'm wrong but that brass K-4 is either an OMI, OR a Westside Model unit......Looks too good to be anything other then.....(I'll be surprised otherwise!)
~John

Do NOT try to Idiot-Proof anything!!!! God, will simply create a better......IDIOT!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2911  ~  Member Since: March 26 2012  ~  Last Visit: January 14 2014 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

EM-1
Big Boy

B&O EM-1 7614

Posted - May 13 2012 :  01:32:27 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Click to see EM-1's MSN Messenger address  Send EM-1 a Yahoo! Message  Add EM-1 to Buddylist
Nelson, He'd be a cruel cruel man if he was posting a picture of a B&O T-3t! OR any B&O T-3 for that matter! I can pass on the PRR stuff! BUT will admit it sure is nice to look at anything made in brass, and the detail that follows!
~John

catfordken

SREnglishGentlemanAvatar

Posted - May 13 2012 :  06:23:05 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send catfordken a Yahoo! Message  Add catfordken to Buddylist
john,its one of the sunset prestige range,ken
 Country: United Kingdom  ~  Posts: 8294  ~  Member Since: September 28 2006  ~  Last Visit: October 20 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

AMC_Gremlin_GT
Big Boy

GremlinBL2

Posted - May 13 2012 :  10:41:09 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT an AOL message  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT a Yahoo! Message  Add AMC_Gremlin_GT to Buddylist
My LOTW is a "double vision" special, a pair of CE&I BL-2, same number. A craigslist find.

Jerry

" When life throws you bananas...it's easy to slip up"
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3974  ~  Member Since: January 04 2009  ~  Last Visit: January 11 2019 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

EM-1
Big Boy

B&O EM-1 7614

Posted - May 13 2012 :  12:15:42 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Click to see EM-1's MSN Messenger address  Send EM-1 a Yahoo! Message  Add EM-1 to Buddylist
quote:
john,its one of the sunset prestige range,ken

Originally posted by catfordken - May 13 2012 :  06:23:05 AM

Its a Sunset model..... who was the manufacture of it in Japan? I forgot all about Sunset, but wasn't the Sunset models made by the same compnay or whatever its called in Japan as the OMI stuff?

~John

catfordken

SREnglishGentlemanAvatar

Posted - May 13 2012 :  12:36:42 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send catfordken a Yahoo! Message  Add catfordken to Buddylist
john,its a sunset, i have no idea who actually makes them other than sunset worked with canon to get their camera motor to work in their locos,and they were made in Korea,sunset as we know it today i believe is a slightly different beast ken
Edited by - catfordken on May 13 2012 4:25:23 PM
 Country: United Kingdom  ~  Posts: 8294  ~  Member Since: September 28 2006  ~  Last Visit: October 20 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - May 13 2012 :  4:20:11 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
hey AMC I got one too
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14696  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: May 15 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

EM-1
Big Boy

B&O EM-1 7614

Posted - May 13 2012 :  5:35:10 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Click to see EM-1's MSN Messenger address  Send EM-1 a Yahoo! Message  Add EM-1 to Buddylist
quote:
john,its a sunset, i have no idea who actually makes them other than sunset worked with canon to get their camera motor to work in their locos,and they were made in Korea,sunset as we know it today i believe is a slightly different beast ken

Originally posted by catfordken - May 13 2012 :  12:36:42 PM

I know one thing..........thats a NICE model!

As for the Canon motors, I been using them for years, in the DN-22 model thats aflat can motor and the things are strong pullers!

As far as "sunset" goes, do they even make brass trains any more?

~John

EM-1
Big Boy

B&O EM-1 7614

Posted - May 13 2012 :  5:37:08 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Click to see EM-1's MSN Messenger address  Send EM-1 a Yahoo! Message  Add EM-1 to Buddylist
Looks like its gonna be a BL-2 week! I had a few of them, one in Western Maryland and one in C&O.....Sold them all off awhile ago, but one that I'm using the shell on a Proto-2000 frame as the proto shell was not with the frame from a show....I'm building this one for someone!

I however, have one BL-2 fully proto-2000 in Western Maryland that I picked up about 10 years ago for $20.00 at a show!

~John

catfordken

SREnglishGentlemanAvatar

Posted - May 13 2012 :  5:42:30 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send catfordken a Yahoo! Message  Add catfordken to Buddylist
The sunset at this address is the next gen one ken
http://www.3rdrail.com/ho_scale.htm

Redneck Justin
Big Boy

The Young Dr.Frankenstein!

Posted - May 13 2012 :  8:39:06 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Redneck Justin to Buddylist
Nice loco Ken! I'll keep the steam spirit alive, Bachmann 4-8-4 with smoke. Newer model with blackened wheels, rods and a higher quality can motor. Barely ran and like new!

" Heck with counting 'em rivets, TRAINS ARE FOR FUN! Not called the Mad Scientist for nothing either!"
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3145  ~  Member Since: May 07 2007  ~  Last Visit: April 04 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Mike
Big Boy

CNRAvatar

Posted - May 13 2012 :  9:40:45 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Mike to Buddylist

Here's my BL2...

Mike
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 1586  ~  Member Since: December 07 2007  ~  Last Visit: May 17 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

AMC_Gremlin_GT
Big Boy

GremlinBL2

Posted - May 13 2012 :  10:50:07 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT an AOL message  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT a Yahoo! Message  Add AMC_Gremlin_GT to Buddylist
quote:

Here's my BL2...

Mike

Originally posted by Mike - May 13 2012 :  9:40:45 PM

Did you do any detailing on it,Mike? I haven't seen horns like that, nor roof railings that look anything like that one. That a Life-Like / Walthers? Interesting...

Jerry

" When life throws you bananas...it's easy to slip up"
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3974  ~  Member Since: January 04 2009  ~  Last Visit: January 11 2019 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

EM-1
Big Boy

B&O EM-1 7614

Posted - May 14 2012 :  07:28:39 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Click to see EM-1's MSN Messenger address  Send EM-1 a Yahoo! Message  Add EM-1 to Buddylist
Jerry,
Thats actually a Life-Like Proto-2000 unit! I have one in Western Maryland and then I had a C&O just like that one that I sold some time ago.....

Nice models, and run well!

~John

romcat
Big Boy

LondonPortStanley

Posted - May 14 2012 :  8:49:50 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add romcat to Buddylist
My LotW this week came a while back from a Forum buddy.

Haven't worked on it yet as I don't know enough about Canadian Prototype steam to match it to but I'll get there. In the mean time here she is my "8 Ball"!

-Gareth

"A is A"
-Aristotle
Law of Identification
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 4200  ~  Member Since: January 08 2006  ~  Last Visit: November 09 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: LOTW 27TH MAY-2ND JUNE Topic Next Topic: lotw 2012 21st Jan-27th Jan  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.36 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000