Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 27 ]  [ Total: 27 ]  [ Newest Member: cobranut427 ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 Tyco Trains
 Tyco Train Sets
 Sears Royal Blue train set 1977
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Rock Island Express (needed) Topic Next Topic: Spirit of ''76 unopened set  

Brianstyco
Big Boy

Mint Silver Streak

Posted - March 31 2012 :  4:06:32 PM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add Brianstyco to Buddylist
I just acquired this set. As a kid - i wanted this set for Christmas but never got it. This set is in mint condition and ran only a few times. This was an ebay score. It even had all the original paper work and box sticker info from Sears - see photo's below. The track is brass Tyco and came with a structure. To me - the box info is Gold to have survived all these years as you just don't come across sets like this in original box with all papers. The box is Blue lettered (Royal Blue color). The Johnson Wax set i have in a box similar to this is Red Tyco lettered. So i am guessing the Blue lettered boxes of this type are for Royal Blue. This is the 1977 Christmas set -the later christmas sets had more accessories with them

our cat - Fantasia checking it out - She loves boxes

side or front of box

Original Sears label identifying the set

train set papers -original

note about the train set

track set up instructions

Tyco paper work

Typed info on end flaps - plain white flap is standard Tyco train set locomotive box

Track - power pack - building kit. The electric brass switches are in first box - the parts bag still sealed and wires uncut on switch machines. power wire for switches uncut unused

Forgot this picture - added 4-18-12 - Anyone know if this Sears is still at this location?

Edited by - Brianstyco on April 18 2012 06:46:51 AM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2507  ~  Member Since: January 31 2006  ~  Last Visit: October 21 2017 Alert Moderator 

SCVR66
Big Boy

SCVR #2

Posted - March 31 2012 :  7:16:37 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add SCVR66 to Buddylist
luckky!! hows she run?
I buy, repair, and collect
http://scvr.weebly.com/
http://seyboldlocomotiveworks.weebly.com/
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheDeputation?feature=watch
Hyde.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1352  ~  Member Since: January 15 2012  ~  Last Visit: July 25 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

royal blue
Hudson

PRRShieldAvatar

Posted - March 31 2012 :  7:42:58 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add royal blue to Buddylist
I am VERY envious of you Brian,GREAT find!!!!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 457  ~  Member Since: February 20 2010  ~  Last Visit: April 24 2020 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Alco Fan
Big Boy

PRRGoldAvatar

Posted - March 31 2012 :  8:39:52 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Alco Fan to Buddylist
Way to go Brian. I have a Royal Blue in a box like yours. It was in a white packing box and had a US Steel hopper and a chrome tanker. I always liked it.
Do you think it was a Sears set too?

Alco Fan
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2496  ~  Member Since: August 03 2006  ~  Last Visit: December 06 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

smokie
Hudson

smokie

Posted - March 31 2012 :  10:14:08 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add smokie to Buddylist
wow, i like that. you lucky #@$&^##$
jerry
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 553  ~  Member Since: January 14 2009  ~  Last Visit: August 29 2020 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Brianstyco
Big Boy

Mint Silver Streak

Posted - March 31 2012 :  11:29:51 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Brianstyco to Buddylist
Thanks Guys!! - Alco Fan - Yes - These sets also came with Chrome Shell tank car - THis set may have been substituted with the Wesson Oil Tanker - All of the car boxes are typed on end flaps -pictures coming along with rest of set photo's - Engine runs and smokes! The structure kit is a machine shop instead of Arlee Station kit - substitute also - There is another set like this listed that had the machine shop instead of Arlee station - so i am going to say substitutions were made Either by Sears or Tyco or Both.
Edited by - Brianstyco on March 31 2012 11:33:34 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2507  ~  Member Since: January 31 2006  ~  Last Visit: October 21 2017 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - April 01 2012 :  11:31:49 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
nice set I has all those cars except the RB loco & caboose
Look who's on the PC screen Its AMC_Gremlin_GT!

Edited by - microbusss on April 01 2012 11:32:40 AM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14690  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: May 02 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

DaCheez
Big Boy

Nose

Posted - April 02 2012 :  11:30:40 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Click to see DaCheez's MSN Messenger address  Add DaCheez to Buddylist
That's a great find! I've never seen any paperwork like that from a Tyco set. Congratz!
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 3320  ~  Member Since: September 22 2006  ~  Last Visit: April 30 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Brianstyco
Big Boy

Mint Silver Streak

Posted - April 02 2012 :  7:54:39 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Brianstyco to Buddylist
quote:
That's a great find! I've never seen any paperwork like that from a Tyco set. Congratz!

Originally posted by DaCheez - April 02 2012 :  11:30:40 AM

Thanks Cheez - This is the first for me on the amount of paperwork - A very interesting find and insight to Tyco's commitment to customer satisfaction and attemp to improve quality for this period in time
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2507  ~  Member Since: January 31 2006  ~  Last Visit: October 21 2017 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Alco Fan
Big Boy

PRRGoldAvatar

Posted - April 07 2012 :  4:08:10 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Alco Fan to Buddylist
My Royal Blue set did not come with a whistle or a building or switches so your's is a deluxe set in my opinion.
Alco Fan
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2496  ~  Member Since: August 03 2006  ~  Last Visit: December 06 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Brianstyco
Big Boy

Mint Silver Streak

Posted - April 07 2012 :  4:54:29 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Brianstyco to Buddylist
quote:
My Royal Blue set did not come with a whistle or a building or switches so your's is a deluxe set in my opinion.

Originally posted by Alco Fan - April 07 2012 :  4:08:10 PM

Thanks AF - Yes - I believe this is a deluxe set as they sold 2 versions of the Royal Blue

Alco Fan
Big Boy

PRRGoldAvatar

Posted - April 14 2012 :  10:06:36 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Alco Fan to Buddylist
I'll post some pictures of my set though I know yours is a best example.
Alco Fan

Alco Fan
Big Boy

PRRGoldAvatar

Posted - April 14 2012 :  11:02:11 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Alco Fan to Buddylist
Here's the label of my Royal blue box as we discussed. It was on the bottom and there are no other labels outside except the blue Tyco markings you can see partially here.
It looks as if they could substitute cars since this label doesn't specify the hopper etc.
I have the common BN boxcar, the GN skid flatcar with pipes, the Bethlehem Steel hopper, a chrome Shell tanker, and a red Southern pulpwood car. I have all boxes except the tanker and no liners. I forgot to check if the box end flaps were typed.
The tender PT powered Consolidation steam engine has a working smoke unit.
I bought this at a yard sale maybe 20 years ago and they hadn't sold it the year before so I was able to score a deal.

Alco Fan
Edited by - Alco Fan on April 15 2012 11:39:26 AM

Brianstyco
Big Boy

Mint Silver Streak

Posted - April 14 2012 :  10:23:13 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Brianstyco to Buddylist
Thanks for your commentary Alco Fan - Post some more pictures of your set if you want to.

Alco Fan
Big Boy

PRRGoldAvatar

Posted - April 15 2012 :  11:35:26 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Alco Fan to Buddylist
Here's the consist from My Royal Blue set. This is probably the only time I've had the whole set on the tracks together. The boxes are typed and some have white flap backgrounds while others have brown flaps.
I don't think I have any paperwork and probably wouldn't have thought of keeping it together when I got this 20+ years ago.

Alco Fan
Edited by - Alco Fan on April 15 2012 11:41:31 AM
  Previous Topic: Rock Island Express (needed) Topic Next Topic: Spirit of ''76 unopened set  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.42 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000