Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 8 ]  [ Total: 8 ]  [ Newest Member: Apollo X 1965 ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 General HO Train Discussions
 Loose Ends
 pennsy power and light
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Code 83 track Topic Next Topic: Railroad patches  

catfordken

SREnglishGentlemanAvatar

Posted - March 17 2012 :  6:57:06 PM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Send catfordken a Yahoo! Message  Add catfordken to Buddylist
came across this fireless loco and apart from being to heavy for the tracks they were made for cannot find any other info,ken
 Country: United Kingdom  ~  Posts: 8294  ~  Member Since: September 28 2006  ~  Last Visit: October 20 2021 Alert Moderator 

royal blue
Hudson

PRRShieldAvatar

Posted - March 17 2012 :  7:32:32 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add royal blue to Buddylist
I live 10 minutes from the railroad museum of pa where that blue loco is located. I will try to get over there and take a pic of the info on the sign beside it and talk to a few people over there. We were just over this past sunday for the Pa charter day events. It was very busy as it was free admission.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 457  ~  Member Since: February 20 2010  ~  Last Visit: April 24 2020 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

catfordken

SREnglishGentlemanAvatar

Posted - March 18 2012 :  10:19:29 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send catfordken a Yahoo! Message  Add catfordken to Buddylist
cheers royal blue,these sort of locos intrigue me,ken
 Country: United Kingdom  ~  Posts: 8294  ~  Member Since: September 28 2006  ~  Last Visit: October 20 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

royal blue
Hudson

PRRShieldAvatar

Posted - March 18 2012 :  11:26:27 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add royal blue to Buddylist
Here is what i found on wikipedia.
A fireless steam locomotive is similar to a conventional steam locomotive, but has a reservoir, known as a steam accumulator, instead of a boiler. This reservoir is partly filled with water and charged with steam from a stationary boiler. The locomotive can then work on the stored steam until the pressure has dropped to a minimum level, after which it must be recharged.

European fireless steam locomotives usually have the cylinders at the back, while American ones often have the cylinders at the front, as in a conventional locomotive. Major builders of fireless steam locomotives in the UK included Andrew Barclay and W.G. Bagnall.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 457  ~  Member Since: February 20 2010  ~  Last Visit: April 24 2020 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

royal blue
Hudson

PRRShieldAvatar

Posted - March 18 2012 :  11:29:14 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add royal blue to Buddylist
Here is a link for some more info.
http://trains.nute.ws/0-8-0/PP&L4094.htm

NickelPlate759
Big Boy

Rivarossi Logo

Posted - March 18 2012 :  8:20:37 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add NickelPlate759 to Buddylist
That blue 0-8-0 is interesting. I've never seen a fireless with a streamlined shroud. It seems a little fancy for a little industrial workhorse.

Here are some shots I took of the Texaco fireless at the Whippany RR Museum.

The Tyco Depot
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3927  ~  Member Since: June 20 2007  ~  Last Visit: November 19 2015 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

wks
Big Boy

parrot2015

Posted - April 24 2022 :  4:08:34 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wks to Buddylist

"Came across this fireless loco and apart from being too heavy for the tracks they were made for. Cannot find any other info. Ken."

Originally posted by catfordken on March 17 2012.

Gorgeous internet photo Ken.

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 5840  ~  Member Since: February 12 2014  ~  Last Visit: April 15 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: Code 83 track Topic Next Topic: Railroad patches  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.39 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000