Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 14 ]  [ Total: 14 ]  [ Newest Member: Strummer ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 Other Great HO Trains
 American Flyer (Gilbert)
 33006 stock car questions
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: 4-6-4 443 New York Central Topic Next Topic: American flyer coal unlader  

lvrr325
Big Boy

Posted - March 14 2012 :  4:11:22 PM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add lvrr325 to Buddylist
At a show last weekend I got three Gilbert cars for a buck each - the C-3008 bayola caboose, a 33006 GN stock car, and the red Santa Fe hopper. Of the three, the caboose is in good shape, the hopper is missing three of the steps, and the stock car confused me at first.

It's missing doors and has a red frame with holes for an operating mechanism, so I did some searches and found there was a 33518 GN stock car that elected hay bales with a manual mechanism similar to (the same as?) Marx's operating unloading box car. The 33006 was just a plain stock car and not catalouged per gilbertho.org. However if you look at their pic you can see the car has a full underframe where mine has gaps for the mechanism. It also appears to be black instead of red (including the lugs where it snaps in).

I'm thinking here what I've got is another assembly of leftovers, they just used the operating car frame to get this one out the door. It does have the correct riveted on couplers.

If anyone has spare doors for one of these I could use a set -

Also seen at the same show, if you had $600 to drop, the Southern Pacific Daylight F3 and three passenger cars, all mint in the box.

I've done well the past few months, that's two uncataloged cars I've managed to find.

I guess the bayola isn't worth much, I see the same one on eBay has been relisted now it's third time with the price getting lower each time and no sale.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 956  ~  Member Since: January 27 2008  ~  Last Visit: May 27 2016 Alert Moderator 

AMC_Gremlin_GT
Big Boy

GremlinBL2

Posted - March 14 2012 :  9:29:59 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT an AOL message  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT a Yahoo! Message  Add AMC_Gremlin_GT to Buddylist
quote:
At a show last weekend I got three Gilbert cars for a buck each - the C-3008 bayola caboose,
I guess the bayola isn't worth much, I see the same one on eBay.... with the price getting lower each time and no sale.

Originally posted by lvrr325 - March 14 2012 :  4:11:22 PM

I have the yellow one and the red one. The blue one, Wabash, is rather rare and the last show I saw one at, guy wanted $65 for it. Cheaper than Ebay, of course, but I didn't need it, and would rather spend money on engines than a blue caboose, no matter how rare. I like these Bayola cabooses, they're different.

Jerry

" When life throws you bananas...it's easy to slip up"
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3974  ~  Member Since: January 04 2009  ~  Last Visit: January 11 2019 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Redneck Justin
Big Boy

The Young Dr.Frankenstein!

Posted - March 15 2012 :  08:54:09 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Redneck Justin to Buddylist
I couldn't agree with ya Jerry. They are different. Just don't see them much.
" Heck with counting 'em rivets, TRAINS ARE FOR FUN! Not called the Mad Scientist for nothing either!"
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3145  ~  Member Since: May 07 2007  ~  Last Visit: April 04 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

waw47
Hudson

Posted - March 15 2012 :  5:48:40 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add waw47 to Buddylist
The A. C. Gilbert Company made many uncataloged sets in the 1950's and early 1960's. The 33006 GN stock car is part of a Sears set #9901. It was produced in 1961 or 62. There are two versions of this car. One with the Hay-Jector floor and one with a solid floor. The Hay-Jector mechanism was left off to meet Sear's price point. The car is rare.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 466  ~  Member Since: August 09 2010  ~  Last Visit: April 17 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: 4-6-4 443 New York Central Topic Next Topic: American flyer coal unlader  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.36 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000