Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 15 ]  [ Total: 15 ]  [ Newest Member: Rohan4301 ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 Tyco Trains
 Tyco Train Sets
 Tyco metal shark set at Timonium...
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Tyco''s Gilbert Streamlined passengersets 0f 1960-1 Topic Next Topic: Petticoat Junction Set Confusion, what Engine ?  

AMC_Gremlin_GT
Big Boy

GremlinBL2

Posted - February 06 2012 :  07:05:45 AM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT an AOL message  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT a Yahoo! Message  Add AMC_Gremlin_GT to Buddylist
There's one vendor who seems to specialize in having old Tyco / Mantua stuff on his tables, this year was no exception, I bought quite a bit from him. This wasn't one of them, but the price I guess wasn't too bad, I have heard the B units for these are rather rare, though. Anyone else know about that? I think there were two A's, a B, and a passenger car in this set.

Jerry

" When life throws you bananas...it's easy to slip up"
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3974  ~  Member Since: January 04 2009  ~  Last Visit: January 11 2019 Alert Moderator 

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - February 06 2012 :  12:11:22 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
Should got that one I would of hehe
Yes that set IS hard to find
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14689  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: April 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

spiderj76
Big Boy

Posted - February 06 2012 :  1:15:13 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add spiderj76 to Buddylist
The A unit turns up with some frequency, about the same as the passenger cars, but a B-unit with the sill notch for the gimball truck in that scheme is somewhat scarce, even though B-units seem more common these days than what they were just a few years ago. That said, I wouldn't pay what he's asking. I got an A unit needing some TLC and a set of 3 MIB passenger cars for less than half that.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2798  ~  Member Since: September 17 2010  ~  Last Visit: July 22 2015 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Sharknose
Switcher

MantuaAvatar

Posted - February 07 2012 :  7:32:44 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Sharknose to Buddylist
I missed that set when I was at the show on Saturday. Here is a metal shark nose set I picked up a couple months ago. This is the first time I have seen Southern Pacific decals on the Tyco streamliners.

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 25  ~  Member Since: December 17 2011  ~  Last Visit: November 18 2019 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

wks
Big Boy

parrot2015

Posted - August 12 2022 :  11:44:19 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wks to Buddylist
"Here is a metal shark nose set I picked up a couple months ago. This is the first time I have seen Southern Pacific decals on the Tyco streamliners."

Originally posted by Sharknose on February 07 2012. 

Beautiful set. I am sure others will be on the lookout for similar ones at local shows.

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 5878  ~  Member Since: February 12 2014  ~  Last Visit: April 25 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - August 14 2022 :  10:35:20 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
quote:
"Here is a metal shark nose set I picked up a couple months ago. This is the first time I have seen Southern Pacific decals on the Tyco streamliners."

Originally posted by Sharknose on February 07 2012. 

Beautiful set. I am sure others will be on the lookout for similar ones at local shows.

Originally posted by wks - August 12 2022 :  11:44:19 AM

yeah? well find the rest of MY Tyco Streamliner set please!
loco I got need passenger cars & the dummy B & A units
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14689  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: April 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Brian4321
Hudson

Gilbert HO

Posted - August 16 2022 :  2:22:20 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Brian4321 to Buddylist
Buss,

Is this it? I've got the engines too, but somewhere else in the house!

Edited by - Brian4321 on August 16 2022 2:34:14 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 510  ~  Member Since: February 18 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 07 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - August 16 2022 :  7:01:56 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
quote:
Buss,

Is this it? I've got the engines too, but somewhere else in the house!

Originally posted by Brian4321 - August 16 2022 :  2:22:20 PM

no I have the silver & blue striped loco

Brian4321
Hudson

Gilbert HO

Posted - August 16 2022 :  10:36:15 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Brian4321 to Buddylist
Ah, now i'm on your page. When you said "yeah? well find the rest of MY Tyco Streamliner set please!" I was just funning around with you.

In any case, I do have two of the silver/blue streamline cars that you mention, but can't find them. I found the ones I just posted, some Santa Fe and one PRR. I'll keep looking.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 510  ~  Member Since: February 18 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 07 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - August 16 2022 :  10:37:45 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
quote:
Ah, now i'm on your page. When you said "yeah? well find the rest of MY Tyco Streamliner set please!" I was just funning around with you.

In any case, I do have two of the silver/blue streamline cars that you mention, but can't find them. I found the ones I just posted, some Santa Fe and one PRR. I'll keep looking.

Originally posted by Brian4321 - August 16 2022 :  10:36:15 PM

I want the B & dummy A units too
  Previous Topic: Tyco''s Gilbert Streamlined passengersets 0f 1960-1 Topic Next Topic: Petticoat Junction Set Confusion, what Engine ?  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000