Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 1 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 12 ]  [ Total: 13 ]  [ Newest Member: Strummer ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 Other Great HO Trains
 Marx Motive Power, Rolling Stock and Accessories
 marx diesel repair
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Marx Diesel Switcher Topic Next Topic: Marx train set  

nj908
Switcher

Posted - February 02 2012 :  5:16:58 PM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add nj908 to Buddylist
Good Evening, New to the forum, actually new to any forum. Recently discovered Marx HO, quite impressive, however, I noticed the trucks on the F-3's appear to be riveted to the shell. Is there a way to remove the frame to lubricate and service the motor ? By the way, I am an old guy and I don't know what icons and smiles and format is about. I will be mildly surprised if this evern gets through. I do have some old Tyco HO, Does anyone else have a metal sharknose?
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2  ~  Member Since: February 02 2012  ~  Last Visit: February 03 2012 Alert Moderator 

Redneck Justin
Big Boy

The Young Dr.Frankenstein!

Posted - February 02 2012 :  5:58:12 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Redneck Justin to Buddylist
Welcome to the forum! The best thing to do for rivets is to pry out or drill out and tap a new hole and use a screw.
" Heck with counting 'em rivets, TRAINS ARE FOR FUN! Not called the Mad Scientist for nothing either!"
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3145  ~  Member Since: May 07 2007  ~  Last Visit: April 04 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

nj908
Switcher

Posted - February 02 2012 :  7:14:35 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add nj908 to Buddylist
That is kind of what I was thinking. It just seemed odd that Marx would make a motor that was inaccessible. I guess in the end they were doing anything to stay afloat. Thanks for your reply.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2  ~  Member Since: February 02 2012  ~  Last Visit: February 03 2012 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Redneck Justin
Big Boy

The Young Dr.Frankenstein!

Posted - February 02 2012 :  9:54:50 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Redneck Justin to Buddylist
No problem! Mantua did it to. I dunno why. Probaly to keep adventorous folks from doing something to void its warranty.
" Heck with counting 'em rivets, TRAINS ARE FOR FUN! Not called the Mad Scientist for nothing either!"
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3145  ~  Member Since: May 07 2007  ~  Last Visit: April 04 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

AMC_Gremlin_GT
Big Boy

GremlinBL2

Posted - February 04 2012 :  09:54:06 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT an AOL message  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT a Yahoo! Message  Add AMC_Gremlin_GT to Buddylist
quote:
Good Evening, New to the forum, actually new to any forum.... I am an old guy and I don't know what icons and smiles and format is about. I do have some old Tyco HO, Does anyone else have a metal sharknose?

Originally posted by nj908 - February 02 2012 :  5:16:58 PM

Welcome to the Tyco Forum. You'll do just fine, we'll teach you how to do the icon, upload pictures, etc. And as far as Sharks...you mean like these ?

Or this?

I think I have 3 total metal Sharks, 2 whole and one shell only. The other whole one is a badly faded red and yellow version. They both run very slowly, I haven't done much to them yet since I bought them. I also have the plastic sharks, by Bachmann.

Jerry

" When life throws you bananas...it's easy to slip up"
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3974  ~  Member Since: January 04 2009  ~  Last Visit: January 11 2019 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: Marx Diesel Switcher Topic Next Topic: Marx train set  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.23 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000