Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 8 ]  [ Total: 8 ]  [ Newest Member: Yellow_TankCar ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 Tyco Trains
 Tyco Train Sets
 Sante Fe and Disneyland
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Transformers Train Set Topic Next Topic: The Sunshine Limited  

ejciii
Switcher

Posted - January 12 2007 :  9:32:37 PM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add ejciii to Buddylist
I have a Sante Fe and Disneyland train set i purchased from a hobby shop over 10 years ago. It is a Mantua 4-4-0 Named E.S.Marsh. the tender is lettered Sante Fe and Disneyland. It has 3 cars. They are 2 passenger cars with inserts in the windows of passengers. the 3rd car is a mail car. All 3 cars are labeled Sante Fe and Disneyland. All 3 cars are labeled on the bottom Mantua and Tyco. i was told that it is a commerative edition for the opening of Disneyland. I have contacted Mantua and they said all the records are with Tyco. So far I haven't had any luck in finding out any info. Any help would be great.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2  ~  Member Since: January 12 2007  ~  Last Visit: January 13 2007 Alert Moderator 

Tony Cook
Big Boy

TycoGMOGP20Avatar

Posted - January 13 2007 :  1:30:41 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Tony Cook to Buddylist
Hello,

Here's info the TYCO Disneyland sets...

http://tycotrain.tripod.com/tycotrainsredboxeracollectorsresource/id21.html

/tyco/forum/uploaded/Tony Cook/tyco_red_box_disneyland_box.jpg

Tony Cook
HO-Scale Trains Resource
http://ho-scaletrains.net
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1658  ~  Member Since: December 03 2005  ~  Last Visit: February 07 2010 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

ejciii
Switcher

Posted - January 13 2007 :  5:50:26 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add ejciii to Buddylist
Thank You very much.....
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2  ~  Member Since: January 12 2007  ~  Last Visit: January 13 2007 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - February 23 2009 :  6:58:37 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
say I just saw a Petticoat Jct set on Ebay once this month (Feb) in the box dunno what it went for
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14696  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: May 14 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

TycoFord
Switcher

Posted - February 23 2009 :  10:57:02 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send TycoFord an AOL message  Add TycoFord to Buddylist
I saw that. I believe it was BIN for $125... too much.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 16  ~  Member Since: February 15 2009  ~  Last Visit: October 23 2009 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

catfordken

SREnglishGentlemanAvatar

Posted - February 24 2009 :  05:40:03 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send catfordken a Yahoo! Message  Add catfordken to Buddylist
hi i have been checking petticoat junction sets for over a year on ebay and elsewhere,afraid to say for mint in boxed sets $90/130 seems about right,if you can get cheaper consider yourself a good salesman or out and out lucky ken
 Country: United Kingdom  ~  Posts: 8294  ~  Member Since: September 28 2006  ~  Last Visit: October 20 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Tyco Nut
Big Six

Posted - November 03 2009 :  10:14:00 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Tyco Nut to Buddylist
If anyone has any pieces of the Disneyland train for sale or other - please let me know. I'm looking for a set - doesn't have to be perfect at all - just enough that I can restore it if need be.

Rus

Starting my Tyco and other favorites collection over again after 37 years.
My still in progress list of inventory and wantlist: tyconut.com
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 396  ~  Member Since: November 02 2009  ~  Last Visit: March 14 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - November 03 2009 :  10:39:11 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
Dude Disneyland & Santa Fe & Petticoat Jct & the like are going to command HUGE bucks!! Even if its not in good shape
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14696  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: May 14 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Tyco Nut
Big Six

Posted - November 03 2009 :  11:04:24 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Tyco Nut to Buddylist
Depends on what you mean by huge. I'm not looking for mint, or even box, as I run my trains, and they are a hobby, toy, enjoyment, etc. Besides, a little use gives free "weathering" - lol.

Any ideas on what you mean by huge?

Rus

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 396  ~  Member Since: November 02 2009  ~  Last Visit: March 14 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

taycotrains
Big Six

TAYCOTRAINS

Posted - November 03 2009 :  11:31:59 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add taycotrains to Buddylist
Popcorn anyone ?

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 385  ~  Member Since: August 08 2007  ~  Last Visit: October 10 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Ray Marinaccio
Big Boy

RayAvatar

Posted - November 03 2009 :  11:32:34 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Ray Marinaccio to Buddylist
Here's a link to Tony's page on the set.
http://www.ho-scaletrains.net/tycotrainsredboxtrainsets/id21.html
I would collect similar pieces and paint and letter my own "clone" set.

Ray
Edited by - Ray Marinaccio on November 03 2009 11:33:24 AM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1285  ~  Member Since: December 14 2005  ~  Last Visit: May 16 2019 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

GoingInCirclez
Big Boy

Posted - November 03 2009 :  12:22:42 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add GoingInCirclez to Buddylist
For what you're wanting to do, Ray's got the right idea. If running on the cheap is paramount and all you want is a fun vestige, then make your own. I've done this in the past and still do to an extent.

But there are some sets that can't be had cheap without a rare stroke of sheer dumb luck, and the SF&D is one of them. (Civil War, Petticoat, Talgo, and certain passenger sets would be others). Individual cars don't turn up often, and usually go high when they do. Forget getting anything near a serviceable (notice I did not say mint) example for less than $100. IIRC the last set I saw was over $250 and a loose car was $40. Sure you might find one cheap now and then but the time spent searching and lurking and pining to pounce often ends up costing more in the end.

There is a water car listed now. It's pretty plain and the opening price + shipping is already over your self-imposed price threshold.

But the paint scheme is so stupid simple it would be easy to mock your own.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2175  ~  Member Since: July 15 2006  ~  Last Visit: January 31 2010 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Tyco Nut
Big Six

Posted - November 03 2009 :  12:56:03 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Tyco Nut to Buddylist
I know there have been some Walt Disney World trains that are newer by other manufacturers. Has anyone else done Disneyland?

I know - what I've spent so far amazes even me that I have a working layout - complete with original Tyco transformer. What I want to do is way ambitious and doesn't seem to be cheap. Then again, I buy track at yard sales and have mixed steel, brass and silver-nickel. Filing junctions can help - lol.

I like the idea of possibly lettering my own - hadn't thought of that! Cheapness always wins out! I will do more research unless any of you would like to volunteer it because you already know what I would need to start off. These I would like to model as close to what is in the park as I can.

And yes, I got the "this ought to be entertaining" reference above. I really do like to have fun and this promises to be so.

Rus

Previous Topic: Transformers Train Set Topic Next Topic: The Sunshine Limited  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.52 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000