Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 18 ]  [ Total: 18 ]  [ Newest Member: Rohan4301 ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 HO Scale Slot Cars
 The Grand Stand
 1960;s slot car
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Slotcar Guys? Topic Next Topic: Lola 260 by Tyco Help  

Ken
Hudson

old feller

Posted - August 30 2011 :  4:34:11 PM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add Ken to Buddylist
Hi,
I am looking for a 1960's slot car frame and motor only ,will take the body if in good shape. They had steerable front ends!!If you have one or know someone that does please contact me.
Thanks for your time.
Ken

FIDDLEHEAD RAILWAY CO.
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 468  ~  Member Since: January 17 2010  ~  Last Visit: February 29 2012 Alert Moderator 

romcat
Big Boy

LondonPortStanley

Posted - August 30 2011 :  4:38:16 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add romcat to Buddylist
What scale Ken? 1/32nd Stromberg or Eldon???

-Gareth

"A is A"
-Aristotle
Law of Identification
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 4200  ~  Member Since: January 08 2006  ~  Last Visit: November 09 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Ken
Hudson

old feller

Posted - August 30 2011 :  6:54:23 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Ken to Buddylist
1/32 nd
FIDDLEHEAD RAILWAY CO.
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 468  ~  Member Since: January 17 2010  ~  Last Visit: February 29 2012 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Jeepman
Little Six

GreatNorthernAvatar

Posted - July 19 2013 :  11:27:51 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Jeepman to Buddylist
Were you thinking of the battery operated Ideal Motorific chassis? If so I have two cars I'd part with.

Take a look here.
http://www.prestonmarketing.com/toys/motorific/motorific.html
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 133  ~  Member Since: January 30 2010  ~  Last Visit: April 07 2019 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

DaCheez
Big Boy

Nose

Posted - July 20 2013 :  01:06:30 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Click to see DaCheez's MSN Messenger address  Add DaCheez to Buddylist
Interesting read Jeepman! I vaguely remember seeing an old TV ad for those on youtube. I never knew there was so much to them
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 3319  ~  Member Since: September 22 2006  ~  Last Visit: April 07 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

walt
Big Boy

Tyco Yum

Posted - July 20 2013 :  02:14:29 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add walt to Buddylist
Yes, nice link Jeepman... I really like the Motorific stuff. I got a Motorific "Wildcat" set when I was 7 (Christmas 1967) It come with a yellowish beige TR-3.

Several years ago, I found and bought a boxed Wildcat set on ebay with the same colored TR-3...

I have one photo from Christmas 67 of myself with the set in our old photo album...
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 6279  ~  Member Since: February 18 2009  ~  Last Visit: March 04 2022 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

NickelPlate759
Big Boy

Rivarossi Logo

Posted - July 26 2013 :  01:25:53 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add NickelPlate759 to Buddylist
Ken isn't an active member anymore.

I picked up a Mini Motorific at a flea market in the early 70's, but we got a puppy and unfortunately he chewed until it looked like it had gone though a shredder.

The Tyco Depot
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3927  ~  Member Since: June 20 2007  ~  Last Visit: November 19 2015 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

JNXT 7707
Big Boy

Posted - January 28 2014 :  5:13:56 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add JNXT 7707 to Buddylist
quote:
Yes, nice link Jeepman... I really like the Motorific stuff. I got a Motorific "Wildcat" set when I was 7 (Christmas 1967) It come with a yellowish beige TR-3.

Several years ago, I found and bought a boxed Wildcat set on ebay with the same colored TR-3...

I have one photo from Christmas 67 of myself with the set in our old photo album...

Originally posted by walt - July 20 2013 :  02:14:29 AM

OK I know this is an old thread...but wow,,,Motorific! Those were great cars, I had a handful of them - a Lincoln Continental, 64? Chevy ragtop, a 57 Chevy hardtop....can't remember what else. Sure wish I had held on to a few of those!

http://tycodepot.com/
 Posts: 2451  ~  Member Since: April 11 2013  ~  Last Visit: June 26 2019 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

walt
Big Boy

Tyco Yum

Posted - January 28 2014 :  5:27:00 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add walt to Buddylist
Yes, Jerry... The Motorific stuff was a lot of fun and I still like to look at it on eBay from time to time. I mentioned I had bought a Motorific Wildcat set to replace the one I got at Christmas in 1967... I believe I will set it up on a display in the basement once the train table gets built...along with some other old toys...
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 6279  ~  Member Since: February 18 2009  ~  Last Visit: March 04 2022 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

JNXT 7707
Big Boy

Posted - January 28 2014 :  9:13:36 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add JNXT 7707 to Buddylist
I took a look at what's on ebay and like a stroll down memory lane

Wow...you know what I remember about those cars were they were some of the first cars I had that had some authentic detail to them. I don't think I had any of the track, at least I can't remember but I do recall running them on the floor.
You are going to have a very cool basement

http://tycodepot.com/
 Posts: 2451  ~  Member Since: April 11 2013  ~  Last Visit: June 26 2019 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: Slotcar Guys? Topic Next Topic: Lola 260 by Tyco Help  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.34 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000