Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 14 ]  [ Total: 14 ]  [ Newest Member: Rohan4301 ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 General HO Train Discussions
 The Trading Post
 Turntable for Turntable Trade
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Lets make a deal #4 Topic Next Topic: LETS MAKE A DEAL  

RDC1
Hudson

P&R

Posted - February 03 2011 :  9:56:53 PM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add RDC1 to Buddylist
I bought this last week at the train show here in San Antonio. I don't know what I was thinking because it's way too big for my layout.

It's an HO Heljan 98' manual turntable, partially assembled and it looks like everything is there to complete it including the manual operation knob assembly.

I'd like to trade this even up for an Atlas HO turntable.

I'll be posting more stuff to trade as well.

~ Dave

~ Dave

They're ALL toys

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 547  ~  Member Since: December 25 2010  ~  Last Visit: May 20 2019 Alert Moderator 

New_York_Central
Founder

NYCDreyfussAvatar

Posted - February 04 2011 :  9:10:14 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add New_York_Central to Buddylist
I have one for you. I'd like to do this trade, I like this turntable.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1324  ~  Member Since: October 30 2005  ~  Last Visit: April 22 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

New_York_Central
Founder

NYCDreyfussAvatar

Posted - February 04 2011 :  9:18:34 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add New_York_Central to Buddylist
Just saw Gremlin responded about this in a DIFFERENT topic.

Gremlin, if you have what he needs, go for it.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1324  ~  Member Since: October 30 2005  ~  Last Visit: April 22 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

RDC1
Hudson

P&R

Posted - February 04 2011 :  9:47:17 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RDC1 to Buddylist
NYC, Mr. Gremlin is looking for his. If he doesn't find it, I'll swap with you. Thanks for the reply!

~ Dave

~ Dave

They're ALL toys

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 547  ~  Member Since: December 25 2010  ~  Last Visit: May 20 2019 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

RDC1
Hudson

P&R

Posted - February 06 2011 :  4:23:34 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RDC1 to Buddylist
Update - This turntable is still available for trade.

~ Dave

~ Dave

They're ALL toys

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 547  ~  Member Since: December 25 2010  ~  Last Visit: May 20 2019 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

farace
Switcher

NYNHHavatar

Posted - February 06 2011 :  4:37:06 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add farace to Buddylist
If it's still available, then let me jump in. I've got an Atlas, 21 position? with an older-style Atlas motor. The drive bands were rotted on it, so I installed a couple of Athearn Hi-Fi drive bands; not sure they're exactly right for the application. Let me know if this is suitable. I bought it planning to do one of those build-something-better-on-top-of-an-Atlas projects but haven't yet gotten to it.

--Bob

Edit: I just looked at it, and one of the Athearn belts broke. It would no doubt do better with a flatter, wider belt.

Edited by - farace on February 06 2011 4:51:53 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 70  ~  Member Since: January 20 2010  ~  Last Visit: March 06 2011 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

RDC1
Hudson

P&R

Posted - February 06 2011 :  5:10:16 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RDC1 to Buddylist
quote:
If it's still available, then let me jump in. I've got an Atlas, 21 position? with an older-style Atlas motor. The drive bands were rotted on it, so I installed a couple of Athearn Hi-Fi drive bands; not sure they're exactly right for the application. Let me know if this is suitable. I bought it planning to do one of those build-something-better-on-top-of-an-Atlas projects but haven't yet gotten to it.

--Bob

Edit: I just looked at it, and one of the Athearn belts broke. It would no doubt do better with a flatter, wider belt.

Originally posted by farace - February 06 2011 :  4:37:06 PM

OK, it's yours. I just PMed you. Thanks!

~ Dave

~ Dave

They're ALL toys

New_York_Central
Founder

NYCDreyfussAvatar

Posted - February 06 2011 :  6:55:47 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add New_York_Central to Buddylist

RDC1
Hudson

P&R

Posted - February 06 2011 :  8:11:22 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RDC1 to Buddylist
Mr. New_York_Central, my apologies for this snarled turntable deal. You didn't respond to my PM and then I seen you posting, so I figured that you weren't interested. I probably should have waited longer. I'm not sure how to make this right.

~ Dave

~ Dave

They're ALL toys

farace
Switcher

NYNHHavatar

Posted - February 07 2011 :  12:53:59 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add farace to Buddylist
Well, this kind of puts me on the spot, too. I jumped in because I assumed both prior offers didn't work out, and the Atlas I have won't fit some of my larger steam locos. The Heljan looks perfect for what I need.

Dave, I haven't put a whole lot of effort into packaging this thing yet, mostly just gathering everything (turntable, motor, box, packaging) together. You and NYC talk, figure out the fairest thing, and then let me know. I'll hold off on shipping until I hear from you.

(At least it isn't in the mail yet!)

--Bob
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 70  ~  Member Since: January 20 2010  ~  Last Visit: March 06 2011 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

RDC1
Hudson

P&R

Posted - February 07 2011 :  8:57:41 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RDC1 to Buddylist
New_York_Central do you still have interest in this trade?

~ Dave

~ Dave

They're ALL toys

New_York_Central
Founder

NYCDreyfussAvatar

Posted - February 08 2011 :  12:31:49 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add New_York_Central to Buddylist
No interest, thanks.

RDC1
Hudson

P&R

Posted - February 08 2011 :  1:50:33 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RDC1 to Buddylist
OK, thank you. Again, my apologies for jumping the gun.

~ Dave

~ Dave

They're ALL toys

New_York_Central
Founder

NYCDreyfussAvatar

Posted - February 08 2011 :  7:12:21 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add New_York_Central to Buddylist
No hard feelings. Stuff happens.
  Previous Topic: Lets make a deal #4 Topic Next Topic: LETS MAKE A DEAL  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.38 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000