Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 1 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 10 ]  [ Total: 11 ]  [ Newest Member: Strummer ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 General HO Train Discussions
 The Trading Post
 Mantua Tyco Santa Fe F parts
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: AHM DIXIE LINE L&N BOXCAR Topic Next Topic: TYCO SMOKE LIQUID PKG MINT NEW  

Brianstyco
Big Boy

Mint Silver Streak

Posted - January 15 2011 :  11:45:34 AM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add Brianstyco to Buddylist
SOLD SOLD Being sold for parts for only -does not run- lights up. all steps couplers air horns on this one. Numbered 4015. THis is from the late 60's or very early 70's.

$1.00 plus shipping

Edited by - Brianstyco on January 15 2011 1:55:18 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2507  ~  Member Since: January 31 2006  ~  Last Visit: October 21 2017 Alert Moderator 

RDC1
Hudson

P&R

Posted - January 15 2011 :  12:21:41 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RDC1 to Buddylist
I'll buy this, if it's still available. I also would like to see what else you're putting up.

~ Dave

~ Dave

They're ALL toys

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 547  ~  Member Since: December 25 2010  ~  Last Visit: May 20 2019 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Brianstyco
Big Boy

Mint Silver Streak

Posted - January 15 2011 :  1:48:47 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Brianstyco to Buddylist
quote:
I'll buy this, if it's still available. I also would like to see what else you're putting up.

~ Dave

Originally posted by RDC1 - January 15 2011 :  12:21:41 PM

no problem - just let me know. I will combine. Thank you
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2507  ~  Member Since: January 31 2006  ~  Last Visit: October 21 2017 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

RDC1
Hudson

P&R

Posted - January 22 2011 :  9:37:33 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RDC1 to Buddylist
Arrived today ... Thank you!

~ Dave

~ Dave

They're ALL toys

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 547  ~  Member Since: December 25 2010  ~  Last Visit: May 20 2019 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Brianstyco
Big Boy

Mint Silver Streak

Posted - January 22 2011 :  11:14:36 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Brianstyco to Buddylist
That was Fast!! Thank You Dave
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2507  ~  Member Since: January 31 2006  ~  Last Visit: October 21 2017 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

RDC1
Hudson

P&R

Posted - January 23 2011 :  12:11:19 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RDC1 to Buddylist
I got the motor running. It'll need a thrust washer to make it run like new, but that should be no problem. It binds in reverse. The post office managed to destroy a lot of the plastic parts, but there's a train show here next week .. I'll see what I can find there and if nothing else, I have a spare MU!
~ Dave

They're ALL toys

Brianstyco
Big Boy

Mint Silver Streak

Posted - January 23 2011 :  09:01:34 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Brianstyco to Buddylist
Dave - wow - what happened? - I had that thing taped to bottom with shipping tape over bubble wrap. someone must have slung that box hard to break it loose as i shook it hard before sealing and checked the tape after shaking to make sure it wasn't loose - it wasn't. that shell was in near mint shape when i shipped to you and nothing was broken or missing. Sorry that happened to you.

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - January 23 2011 :  09:52:47 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
actually, Brian, Loose is a good thing That way the car or loco "floats" in package Just make sure stuff is in it tight but NOT taped to any box side or bottom To test shake up box HARD If you don't hear anything then its packed tight hehe It's the way I do it & with ALOT of newspapers Haven't heard one complaint for stuff I've sent
Edited by - microbusss on January 23 2011 09:54:55 AM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14688  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: April 18 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

RDC1
Hudson

P&R

Posted - January 23 2011 :  11:32:25 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RDC1 to Buddylist
Brian, it's definitely not your fault and I expect these things to happen from time to time. I can see that you had packed it very well. Every now and then, the official USPS 800 pound gorilla needs to drop kick a package or 2 haha!

4 ladders were broken off, both couplers which were going to be replaced anyway were broken off, both horns were broken off, 2 side frames were broken, the shell was cracked and the weight had come out and was loose in the box.

After an hour, some toothpicks and Quick Grip glue, and overnight to set up, you can't even tell where the damage was. This engine will rise again

~ Dave

They're ALL toys

RDC1
Hudson

P&R

Posted - January 23 2011 :  11:37:45 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RDC1 to Buddylist
Oh, and now the motor is running like new after disassembly, cleaning and the addition of a brass thrust washer on the motor shaft & a lube job with Dextron transmission fluid.

Next, an LED headlight, couplers and I'll see if I can find side frames at the train show next weekend.

~ Dave

They're ALL toys

Brianstyco
Big Boy

Mint Silver Streak

Posted - January 23 2011 :  1:43:21 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Brianstyco to Buddylist
Glad you got it running as it looked like it had never been ran much to begin with - Glad you were able to get her back together after the gorillas at the post office - sorry employees - raise the rates on us and abroad and service still bad sometimes - makes me mad to hear it was damaged as you described
  Previous Topic: AHM DIXIE LINE L&N BOXCAR Topic Next Topic: TYCO SMOKE LIQUID PKG MINT NEW  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.22 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000