Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 12 ]  [ Total: 12 ]  [ Newest Member: Strummer ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 General HO Train Discussions
 The Trading Post
 Atlas brass track wanted!!
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: N scale sale or trade Topic Next Topic: Brians Tyco  

Redneck Justin
Big Boy

The Young Dr.Frankenstein!

Posted - November 27 2010 :  12:11:41 AM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add Redneck Justin to Buddylist
Anybody here have some brass Atlas sectional track? I prefer Atlas track!
" Heck with counting 'em rivets, TRAINS ARE FOR FUN! Not called the Mad Scientist for nothing either!"
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3145  ~  Member Since: May 07 2007  ~  Last Visit: April 04 2024 Alert Moderator 

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - November 27 2010 :  08:37:22 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
um did you look here?
http://tycoforums.com/tyco/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=8372
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14688  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: April 17 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

AMC_Gremlin_GT
Big Boy

GremlinBL2

Posted - November 27 2010 :  10:03:05 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT an AOL message  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT a Yahoo! Message  Add AMC_Gremlin_GT to Buddylist
quote:
um did you look here?
topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=8372

Originally posted by microbusss - November 27 2010 :  08:37:22 AM

Except, Micro, that only the first switches he listed were Atlas, other track pieces were AHM, and then no maker listed for most. I'll check my stash of brass to see how much is Atlas, I know I have some.
EDIT - 10:26 AM Saturday - Ok, found a box of brass track, and proceeded to sort it by maker - I had Bachmann, Tyco, Feller, Atlas, and 1 piece of Sakai 9" straight.

Here's what I have to offer in Atlas, Justin - Atlas Snap Track: (20) Curved 18" radius, (17) Straight 9", (4) Straight 6". Make an offer plus shipping for it.

Oh, there's versions of the Atlas track, some earlier? are made in Austria, and have that printed on them, these are maybe later and have Snap Track imprinted on them. No Austrian track in this lot.

Jerry

" When life throws you bananas...it's easy to slip up"
Edited by - AMC_Gremlin_GT on November 27 2010 10:36:29 AM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3974  ~  Member Since: January 04 2009  ~  Last Visit: January 11 2019 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

AMC_Gremlin_GT
Big Boy

GremlinBL2

Posted - December 07 2010 :  8:45:02 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT an AOL message  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT a Yahoo! Message  Add AMC_Gremlin_GT to Buddylist
update to my previous offer :

Here's what I have to offer in Atlas, Justin - Atlas Snap Track: (20) Curved 18" radius, (29) Straight 9", (4) Straight 6".

I found another box of brass and steel track, so I sorted these out by maker, I had AHM, Tyco, and Atlas. Added 12 more straight pieces to the above Atlas lot. If you're still interested, Justin, let me know.

I noticed, by comparing the different makes of track, that AHM had the more realistic looking track, the ties were narrower and spaced closer. Tyco and Atlas both have wider ties, and can't see much difference between them myself, other than the imprinted woodgrain is slightly different.

Jerry

Edited by - AMC_Gremlin_GT on December 07 2010 8:48:25 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3974  ~  Member Since: January 04 2009  ~  Last Visit: January 11 2019 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

AMC_Gremlin_GT
Big Boy

GremlinBL2

Posted - February 13 2011 :  8:15:34 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT an AOL message  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT a Yahoo! Message  Add AMC_Gremlin_GT to Buddylist
quote:
my previous offer :

Here's what I have to offer in Atlas - Atlas Snap Track: (20) Curved 18" radius, (29) Straight 9", (4) Straight 6".

Originally posted by AMC_Gremlin_GT - December 07 2010 :  8:45:02 PM

UPDATED FEB 13 2011 - MORE ATLAS TRACK AVAILABLE

At the Feb 12th show in Fredericksburg, VA, I bought a box-lot of brass track , looks to be mostly Atlas, along with AC Gilbert HO track ( what I really bought the box lot FOR ). If anyone is still interested in Atlas sectional track, I'll count what I just got and add to the above amounts to trade or sell to any interested parties.

Jerry

Brianstyco
Big Boy

Mint Silver Streak

Posted - February 13 2011 :  10:33:20 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Brianstyco to Buddylist
The box of brass track AMC is referring to is the one i listed - BRASS TRACK IS BRASS TRACK - It is a mix of Atlas AHM/Tyco Bachmann. Does brand really matter?

Edited by - Brianstyco on February 13 2011 10:40:40 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2507  ~  Member Since: January 31 2006  ~  Last Visit: October 21 2017 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

AMC_Gremlin_GT
Big Boy

GremlinBL2

Posted - February 14 2011 :  12:48:27 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT an AOL message  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT a Yahoo! Message  Add AMC_Gremlin_GT to Buddylist
quote:
The box of brass track AMC is referring to is the one i listed - BRASS TRACK IS BRASS TRACK - It is a mix of Atlas AHM/Tyco Bachmann. Does brand really matter?

Originally posted by Brianstyco - February 13 2011 :  10:33:20 PM

As far as differences...yes, as a matter of fact, they ARE different, slightly. Some are, anyway. I've noticed tie width differences, woodgrain pattern differences, and tie spacing differences between various brands after examining them more closely. Tyco isn't all that different from AHM track or some others, Bachmann seeming to have a wider tie, but there are differences between Atlas and Tyco - the plastic hold-down "spikes" on Tyco are more rounded on top, the Atlas spikes are flatter and smoother looking. Look larger. The woodgrain finish on the Atlas I have is finer than the Tyco, which has more smooth spaces between the grain lines. And the Tyco has a more grainy metal surface on the rail sides than the Atlas, which seems very smooth. Does it make a difference? Not to me, really. Operationally? Again, I don't know. But Justin seemed to want JUST Atlas track, for whatever reason. And your lot didn't identify them 100%, so I attempted to offer what he wanted, since I have some of it. That was the extent of my response, that the link provided to Justin's request for ALL Atlas wasn't really satisfactory, due to his wanting only Atlas, for whatever reason, and Brian's lot didn't identify every piece as Atlas. Anyway, haven't heard from him, so I assume he doesn't need any right now, of whatever kind. And I have more of it now.

Jerry

Edited by - AMC_Gremlin_GT on February 14 2011 01:24:59 AM

Brianstyco
Big Boy

Mint Silver Streak

Posted - February 14 2011 :  07:32:10 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Brianstyco to Buddylist
Jerry - Thanks for explaining differences - i did not examine ties -woodgrain patterns etc.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2507  ~  Member Since: January 31 2006  ~  Last Visit: October 21 2017 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: N scale sale or trade Topic Next Topic: Brians Tyco  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.19 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000