Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 16 ]  [ Total: 16 ]  [ Newest Member: Rohan4301 ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 General HO Train Discussions
 Events
 HO at Greenberg Train Show -Edison NJ, Aug. 8 & 9?
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author  Topic Next Topic: sun july 12 2009 Wayne NJ  

TankedEngine
Big Six

Posted - July 05 2009 :  08:49:07 AM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add TankedEngine to Buddylist
I have not been to a train show yet & I was looking at the subject Greenberg show advertisement & noticed that all the Operating Railroads they listed are O or N scale.
I run HO & wondered how much HO one can expect at this show & if there is likely to be much in the way of HO collectors items for sale??
Thanks
Tanked
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 243  ~  Member Since: September 08 2008  ~  Last Visit: January 04 2012 Alert Moderator 

taycotrains
Big Six

TAYCOTRAINS

Posted - July 05 2009 :  11:31:08 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add taycotrains to Buddylist
I have never been to a Greenberg Edison show that there was not a HO layout running....but that being said maybe the group that is usually there cant make it...so I cant say for certain that you will see HO running.

As far as "HO collectors items"....hit or miss.

I live 5 minutes away from the Edison location so I always go...but very seldom find anything really worthwhile....but what I consider worthwhile and what you consider worthwhile are maybe two different things.

There is a lot of HO items at the Greenberg Edison show...but as far as anything...really "collectible"....you will have to hunt for it.

The best venues for older HO in this area are....

ALLENTOWN TRAIN MEET ASSOCIATES.. First Frost Show - Nov. 14 & 15, 2009.

ALLENTOWN TRAIN MEET ASSOCIATES.The Spring Thaw is held the last weekend of February,

The Great Lehigh Valley Train Meet
Merchants Square Mall
1901 South 12th Street
Allentown PA 18103
Saturday, September 12th, 2009
10 am - 4 pm
Z, N, On3, HO, Brass & all train related items
(the best day for HO is Saturday)

and if you want to drive a little further the meet twice
a year in York Pa ...but you have to be a TCA member to attend that one....this is the meet where I bought most of my better HO.

Hope this helps .

BT
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 385  ~  Member Since: August 08 2007  ~  Last Visit: October 10 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

NickelPlate759
Big Boy

Rivarossi Logo

Posted - July 05 2009 :  3:59:40 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add NickelPlate759 to Buddylist
They generally have all three scales, but the HO club is the smallest. They probably didn't want to bother with a summertime train show, since they have the lowest attendance numbers.

Or maybe the whole club is on vacation.

As far as dealers are concerned, there's tons of HO. I always manage to find bargains, and much-needed parts.

The Tyco Depot
Edited by - NickelPlate759 on July 05 2009 4:03:10 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3927  ~  Member Since: June 20 2007  ~  Last Visit: November 19 2015 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

TankedEngine
Big Six

Posted - July 06 2009 :  09:24:10 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add TankedEngine to Buddylist
quote:
They generally have all three scales, but the HO club is the smallest. They probably didn't want to bother with a summertime train show, since they have the lowest attendance numbers.

Or maybe the whole club is on vacation.

As far as dealers are concerned, there's tons of HO. I always manage to find bargains, and much-needed parts.

Originally posted by NickelPlate759-July 05 2009: 3:59:40 PM

re de

Thanks Nelson
Re dealers - do you see any Rivarossi steam loco parts & Athearn diesel??
Tanked
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 243  ~  Member Since: September 08 2008  ~  Last Visit: January 04 2012 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

TankedEngine
Big Six

Posted - July 06 2009 :  10:12:18 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add TankedEngine to Buddylist
quote:
I have never been to a Greenberg Edison show that there was not a HO layout running....but that being said maybe the group that is usually there cant make it...so I cant say for certain that you will see HO running.

Originally posted by taycotrains-July 05 2009: 11:31:08 AM

Thanks BT for info on other shows - very useful.
Tanked
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 243  ~  Member Since: September 08 2008  ~  Last Visit: January 04 2012 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

NickelPlate759
Big Boy

Rivarossi Logo

Posted - July 06 2009 :  6:17:22 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add NickelPlate759 to Buddylist
quote:

Thanks Nelson
Re dealers - do you see any Rivarossi steam loco parts & Athearn diesel??
Tanked

Originally posted by TankedEngine-July 06 2009: 09:24:10 AM

My favorite guys, Ray and Joe will be there with all of their AHM/Rivarossi and IHC parts, and most of them are for steamers. My friends always know where to find me if we get separated.

Athearn parts are more hit or miss. You might find some donor locos.

The Tyco Depot
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3927  ~  Member Since: June 20 2007  ~  Last Visit: November 19 2015 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - July 31 2009 :  08:59:43 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
Guys, I know I'm going on Saturday. A friend of mine usualy has 4 tables. He always gives me a little space to sell a few things. I have had no trouble ever finding HO stuff at that show. I am looking foward to next saturday.
frank

toptrain

" It's a Heck of a Day " !!!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 7504  ~  Member Since: August 07 2008  ~  Last Visit: February 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
   Topic Next Topic: sun july 12 2009 Wayne NJ  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000