Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 9 ]  [ Total: 9 ]  [ Newest Member: Rohan4301 ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 General HO Train Discussions
 Events
 New event ? I guess you could say that
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Timonium Maryland Show Topic Next Topic: Tyco Exhibit  

obtrey
Little Six

Malfunction Junction

Posted - May 19 2007 :  8:20:43 PM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add obtrey to Buddylist
May 2007
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31
New event ? I guess you could say that
Saturday, May 19, 2007

I know it's a little off topic but it is an event, at least to me.
My son is a Marine stationed in Okinawa. After 2 tours in Iraq as a tank commander, he applied for a transfer to broaden his training, and accepted a 3 year tour in Okinawa. They moved @1 year ago after renting out the house and putting a lot of things in storage. After seeing what else he did while over there I guess you'll agree that he will eventually be bringing home almost as much stuff as he stored before leaving.
Lauren Nicole born 5/9/07. She is my 2nd grandchild both girls and the first lives here with us, part of the reason I need closet space. I guess he found time to do other things besides work, but having been in that part of the world a long time ago I don't remember winters being that cold. DUH

Still waiting for my cigar.
I know it's a lot off topic but I thought I might share.[:D] [:D] [:D]

Bob

In Malfunction Junction:
When all else fails get a bigger hammer.

Edited by - obtrey on May 19 2007 8:22:43 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 182  ~  Member Since: January 20 2007  ~  Last Visit: April 05 2013 Alert Moderator 

romcat
Big Boy

LondonPortStanley

Posted - May 19 2007 :  9:12:40 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add romcat to Buddylist
Hey Bob:

Always good to have one more Marine in the world! Even a girl one[:D] [:D] [:D]

Congrats Grandaddy!

-Gareth
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 4200  ~  Member Since: January 08 2006  ~  Last Visit: November 09 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

shaygetz
Big Boy

Posted - May 19 2007 :  10:31:28 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add shaygetz to Buddylist
Congratulations...
 Posts: 2465  ~  Member Since: April 15 2007  ~  Last Visit: December 01 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Tony Cook
Big Boy

TycoGMOGP20Avatar

Posted - May 20 2007 :  6:45:37 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Tony Cook to Buddylist
Congratulations to you and your family!

And please thank you son for his efforts in the Marines...it is appreciated!

I think the tour in Japan will be exciting for him...that's one country I would like to visit someday.

Tony

Tony Cook
HO-Scale Trains Resource
http://ho-scaletrains.net
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1658  ~  Member Since: December 03 2005  ~  Last Visit: February 07 2010 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

GoingInCirclez
Big Boy

Posted - May 20 2007 :  7:17:20 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add GoingInCirclez to Buddylist
She's a beauty! Congratulations to you, your son, and the rest of your family who will share in this.

And let me add my thanks for your son's sacrifice and service!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2175  ~  Member Since: July 15 2006  ~  Last Visit: January 31 2010 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

obtrey
Little Six

Malfunction Junction

Posted - May 20 2007 :  9:15:22 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add obtrey to Buddylist
My wife and I thank you for your kind words.
I will pass on to my son and his family your kind words and your support.
No father/parent, having been in a so called war, ever wants his children to see some on the things they have seen. My son had my respect and admiration to choose to serve his country, but also my reservations. And I did explain them to him and why. He still chose to serve, and spent 2 tours in Iraq.
My time to serve was in a land a little further to the west and I HATE THE HEAT.
My father told me once, "Children are God's wish that life should continue". I never understood that until my children came along, and then the light bulb lit and now my children are having children.
Again thanks for your kind words and support for him and the others and I will pass it on.

Bob

In Malfunction Junction:
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 182  ~  Member Since: January 20 2007  ~  Last Visit: April 05 2013 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

romcat
Big Boy

LondonPortStanley

Posted - May 20 2007 :  11:49:31 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add romcat to Buddylist
Hi Bob:

I'm just guessing here , that where you served the terms:

Sin Loi Victor Charlie & humping the boonies were common.

I served in Germany with the Canadian Army (8th Hussars) from early `78 -August `80. I knew lot's of American NCO's who had served on a hot and humid penninsula half a world away from the East/West German border and from whom I learned a lot.

Best,
Gareth

Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 4200  ~  Member Since: January 08 2006  ~  Last Visit: November 09 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

obtrey
Little Six

Malfunction Junction

Posted - May 21 2007 :  11:38:23 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add obtrey to Buddylist
Close enough.
Every once in a while I'd run accross a few Cannuks (no slur intended)
who taught me just how much beer I could really hold.
And a few Brits who taught me all about Fish & Chips, & Shephard Pie, and how not to drink Burbon.
Stop I'm getting a headache just thinking about 1969-70

In Malfunction Junction:
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 182  ~  Member Since: January 20 2007  ~  Last Visit: April 05 2013 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Steel Hauler
Switcher

Steel Hauler

Posted - May 24 2007 :  8:22:36 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Steel Hauler to Buddylist
Congrats and Good Luck.

My nephew is in Iraq since Oct, til later this year.

God Bless Our Troops!!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 38  ~  Member Since: November 19 2006  ~  Last Visit: July 19 2022 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

mytyco
Mikado

FECAvatar

Posted - May 25 2007 :  05:30:06 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add mytyco to Buddylist
Hi Bob,

She's beautyful. My Son gave me my first grand daughter last month. I never thought I would like to be called "GRANDPA" It makes me feel old But when those little ones come running up to me yelling GRANDPA GRANDPA! I would not change it for the world.

Please thank your son for his service.

Thanks
Mike
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 790  ~  Member Since: April 30 2006  ~  Last Visit: July 21 2015 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

obtrey
Little Six

Malfunction Junction

Posted - May 25 2007 :  08:35:10 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add obtrey to Buddylist
Thanks. She's my 2nd. The first one is 6 be 7 the end of June, that's 7 going on 35.
I call her My Little Bud, we are always getting in trouble together.
She lives here and I'm her Pop Pop.
My daughter didn't want to list when we all told her the guy was bad news and wanted only 1 thing "The forbidden fruit" but being a teenager with raging hormones took control. At least she didn't marry him after finding out what we were telling her was true.
He died last week and was burried on Wed. still owing over $8,000 in child support.
We told Amanda on Friday after she came home from school and she said she was sad but is it OK if she goes in the kitchen and watches "How it's made", with Pop Pop?
Mike, Enjoy her you will have a ball.

In Malfunction Junction:

Alco Fan
Big Boy

PRRGoldAvatar

Posted - June 09 2007 :  08:00:15 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Alco Fan to Buddylist
Congratulations!
Best Wishes and prayers for all.

Alco Fan
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2496  ~  Member Since: August 03 2006  ~  Last Visit: December 06 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: Timonium Maryland Show Topic Next Topic: Tyco Exhibit  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.41 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000