Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password


Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 9 ]  [ Total: 9 ]  [ Newest Member: FrostBloom ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 Tyco Trains
 Tyco Motive Power
 Tyco Mantua GP20 maintenance
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author  Topic Next Topic: Tyco Metal Sharks - The History  

RayB003
Switcher

PRRShieldAvatar

Status: offline

 Posted - October 05 2026 :  4:04:00 PM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add RayB003 to Buddylist
I recently picked up a Tyco Mantua GP-20 in a parts bin and I have been able to restore the power torque motor to good running condition by drilling out the rivets. However, the rear (dummy) truck seems to have a problem. I apply power to the front truck but the rear wheels appear not to be picking up power. When I touch the power to the frame or the little screw on the rear truck, the engine works, when I touch the rear wheel, nothing. The rear truck is sealed differently from the front truck, can it be drilled out? I suspect there is a connectivity issue between the rear wheels and the truck frame.
Ray B
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 12  ~  Member Since: January 15 2026  ~  Last Visit: October 05 2026 Alert Moderator 
   Topic Next Topic: Tyco Metal Sharks - The History  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000