Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 12 ]  [ Total: 12 ]  [ Newest Member: Strummer ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 The Builders Depot
 Layouts - Construction and Operations
 My Layout
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Harte''s Mill II Topic Next Topic: Steel Mill and Layout  

Purdue
Switcher

Posted - February 07 2011 :  11:14:53 PM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add Purdue to Buddylist
This is still under construction, but here is a video featuring Spirit of 76'ers on largely completed portions..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwMoN14VVIM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 13  ~  Member Since: October 06 2010  ~  Last Visit: April 03 2011 Alert Moderator 

Alco Fan
Big Boy

PRRGoldAvatar

Posted - February 08 2011 :  06:15:54 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Alco Fan to Buddylist
Very enjoyable. I thought the mountains, in particular, looked really good.
Alco Fan
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2496  ~  Member Since: August 03 2006  ~  Last Visit: December 06 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Purdue
Switcher

Posted - February 08 2011 :  10:24:28 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Purdue to Buddylist
Thanks very much. This is my first permanent layout, so did it the way I remember it being done when I was a kid -- with papier mache / plaster. I will post more videos that show more landscape and scenery when I get the layout "finished". I didn't show a lot of the mountain features and levels this time, because they are either unpainted or otherwise unsightly

I haven't really even begun to buy or add buildings... I also plan to weather some of my non-tyco engines and rolling stock for some future videos. Here's a photo of a cheapy Life-Like F-series diesel that I weathered and photoshopped onto a real background.

With kind regards,

Tony
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 13  ~  Member Since: October 06 2010  ~  Last Visit: April 03 2011 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

DaCheez
Big Boy

Nose

Posted - February 08 2011 :  7:52:36 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Click to see DaCheez's MSN Messenger address  Add DaCheez to Buddylist
The mountains look great. I liked your bridge and tunnel portal as well. Welcome to the forum BTW
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 3319  ~  Member Since: September 22 2006  ~  Last Visit: April 07 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Purdue
Switcher

Posted - February 08 2011 :  8:49:49 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Purdue to Buddylist
Thanks. I made the bridge with sections of 2x4 lumber and then coated it with a thin layer of plaster to give it a cement texture, then painted with acrylic paint from the Wal-Mart
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 13  ~  Member Since: October 06 2010  ~  Last Visit: April 03 2011 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Pierce
Big Six

Posted - February 10 2011 :  5:52:36 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Pierce to Buddylist
Wow nice job like what I see I wish I had more time to put that into my layout.
Adam
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 204  ~  Member Since: August 19 2008  ~  Last Visit: January 21 2022 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

royal blue
Hudson

PRRShieldAvatar

Posted - February 10 2011 :  7:09:38 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add royal blue to Buddylist
nice work,wish i had more time to work on mine but something always seems to come up
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 457  ~  Member Since: February 20 2010  ~  Last Visit: April 24 2020 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

wks
Big Boy

parrot2015

Posted - February 06 2021 :  5:21:44 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wks to Buddylist

This is still under construction but here is a video featuring Spirit of 76ers on a largely completed portion of the layout.

Originally posted by Purdue on February 07 2011 at 11:14 PM.

Interesting layout set up.

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 5849  ~  Member Since: February 12 2014  ~  Last Visit: April 20 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: Harte''s Mill II Topic Next Topic: Steel Mill and Layout  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.25 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000