Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 10 ]  [ Total: 10 ]  [ Newest Member: Strummer ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 General HO Train Discussions
 Loose Ends
 How to make Microbuss Ben envious...
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Pacing Amtrak Topic Next Topic: Tyco 1:1 scale diesel - CSX 4301  

AMC_Gremlin_GT
Big Boy

GremlinBL2

Posted - December 18 2010 :  9:27:36 PM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT an AOL message  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT a Yahoo! Message  Add AMC_Gremlin_GT to Buddylist

1 - Brag about how you've gone to your 3rd train show locally in 2 weeks, and there's more coming in this area in a few more weeks.

2 - Post pics of all the bargains you've gotten recently.

3 - Don't forget to mention the items you found that he REALLY wanted too, and you found it CHEAP ( like that Tyco Amtrak GG1 I got today for $3, but don't tell him...wait, did I just text that out loud? )

4 - I even came home with money in my pockets, after loading up on bargains.

Yes, Virginia, there really IS a Tyco-Claus, there were many good bargains at the Richmond show today. I bought a Varney A/B engine set for $20, an Athearn F-7A for $2, 4 german-made non-powered Trolleys and some other pieces for $5 total. Some Mini Lindy plastic trucks for $1 each And I found a few Tyco items as well. It was worth the trip to my former home town , as I haven't been to that train show in MANY years, if ever. Since my wife has been doing craft shows, until this year I've been helping on weekends, so couldn't go, and I made a point to drive the 80 miles to this show to see if the vendors were different. I saw some of the same, but other different ones as well. Looked but didn't find any dual motor Tyco engines, A or B. Didn't find any Tracksters, either, Ben. None there, maybe i'll find some at the next show

Well, I'll post the pics here tomorrow, not gonna take any tonight. Just got home around 9, so it'll wait until morning. Can't wait to check out my finds. The German Trolleys look like they just need motors, the wheel contact whiskers are in place, just no motor or weight, although one has a weight. Thinking about doing a Restoration train, with the trolleys on flat cars, and some old Pullman passenger cars, all being sent off to be restored at a shop. Anyway, all for now, post again on Sunday AM.

Jerry

" When life throws you bananas...it's easy to slip up"
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3974  ~  Member Since: January 04 2009  ~  Last Visit: January 11 2019 Alert Moderator 

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - December 18 2010 :  9:34:51 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
envious? naah more Jealous than anything
*the Jealosy Monster jumps onto my head* SEE??
Sounds like you got nice finds tho
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14688  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: April 18 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

walt
Big Boy

Tyco Yum

Posted - December 18 2010 :  10:15:59 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add walt to Buddylist
Maybe MicroBen can be at your house on Sunday morning bringing Dumpster-Cam along for a great photo session of your newly found items!
Walt

Luck, usually comes dressed in work clothes...
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 6279  ~  Member Since: February 18 2009  ~  Last Visit: March 04 2022 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - December 18 2010 :  10:22:25 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
well whewnever I save enough money I'll go to next train show & to the one hobby store in Denver
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14688  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: April 18 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

AMC_Gremlin_GT
Big Boy

GremlinBL2

Posted - December 18 2010 :  10:49:36 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT an AOL message  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT a Yahoo! Message  Add AMC_Gremlin_GT to Buddylist
Heck, even my HOT TUB is covered in snow, not a good time in Virginia to be taking pics outdoors, on a can or a tub. Cold, windy, and freezing - if I roll it into one word, freezy? LOL. I'll take some indoors, probably kitchen counter pics ( all my train bargains are "leftovers" anyway. Hee hee!) I'm anxious to see if the Amtraks run, both the F7A Athearn, and the GG1. I think the F7 will become the head of my AMC train, since it has red, white, and blue striping on it. Looks easy enough to DCC. Anyway, enough for tonight, off to bed.

Jerry

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3974  ~  Member Since: January 04 2009  ~  Last Visit: January 11 2019 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

NickelPlate759
Big Boy

Rivarossi Logo

Posted - December 19 2010 :  07:18:42 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add NickelPlate759 to Buddylist
Here's Ben right about now.

The Tyco Depot
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3927  ~  Member Since: June 20 2007  ~  Last Visit: November 19 2015 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

AMC_Gremlin_GT
Big Boy

GremlinBL2

Posted - December 19 2010 :  6:47:41 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT an AOL message  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT a Yahoo! Message  Add AMC_Gremlin_GT to Buddylist
Ok, got some pics of Dec 18th train show purchases in Richmond, VA. Plenty to see here! I'll start off with engines, the first a Tyco Mantua engine, looks clean inside, but was in pieces. I'll see what it needs and put it back together ( hopefully working again ) -

Next up, a pair of Hustlers, only $5 each, both run fine, although the B&O is a bit jerky.

Next is a nice Athearn F7A or FL9, I can't find any reference to an Athearn F7, inside the shell is an imprint of F7A at the back end, I think from the mold. All my searches involving an Amtrak #489 comes up with an FL9, which this shell looks like. So, not sure what it is?

Next is a Ben-envy item, I about got wallet burn when I saw it and the price on it - $3 !! Wow. has a broken wire, and needs a bulb, and the motor is stuck, but armature does move using a pick tool, so a disassembly and lubing is needed. I think it'll be ok with some work.

Next is a pair of old Varney A/B units, look pristine and never used. $20 for the pair. Can't complain about the price! Haven't tested it yet.

Next up is a bevy of Trolleys, made in W. Germany. None have motors, but have the contact whiskers and a bulb inside in case you add a motor.

That does is for motive power. Next up are the interesting rolling stock items I got. Plenty here, too! Pabst car first -

3 cars for $5, BN and one other -

Here's a neat car, it's a shorty railroad track car, missing one rail, not sure what it was supposed to do. All metal, though.

Speaking of rail cars, here's a Ribbonrail car, with stones instead of pad ( I have a complete pad car ). Missing the tank or weight.

Here's a McCloud River boxcar, I've seen mention of one here before. Rare bird, I'd imagine. $4

Here's a freakin' neat car, an Osama Bin Ladin DorA car, custom painted. I HAD to have it, my train club is full of military guys.

Here's a nice Varney boxcar/reefer? Not sure

Another Varney, an all-metal caboose missing the trucks. And thick paint. Resto project.

Well, other than the diecast and plastic vehicles, which I didn't take pics of yet, that's all. Pretty good haul for a day, I think. This oughta keep Ben green with envy for awhile. Don't worry , Ben, I'll keep an eye out for GG1's and Tracksters for you, too.

Jerry

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3974  ~  Member Since: January 04 2009  ~  Last Visit: January 11 2019 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - December 19 2010 :  7:39:51 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
jealous yes not envious Nice stuff & hey I take broken locos Well that C of SF E-7 was not working Do now I do likes the Amtraks too I needs one

NickelPlate759
Big Boy

Rivarossi Logo

Posted - December 20 2010 :  11:59:13 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add NickelPlate759 to Buddylist
Jerry, that GG1 was a steal for the pantographs alone.
The Tyco Depot
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3927  ~  Member Since: June 20 2007  ~  Last Visit: November 19 2015 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

CNVIATyco
Big Boy

BC Rail

Posted - October 31 2011 :  8:04:47 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add CNVIATyco to Buddylist
The Amtrak Engine has a FL9 Number but F9/7. Not 3 Axle truck.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1102  ~  Member Since: July 28 2011  ~  Last Visit: July 01 2015 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

wks
Big Boy

parrot2015

Posted - December 24 2019 :  11:22:06 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wks to Buddylist

I remember Jerry had gotten some nice items for Ben from time to time.
I wonder if Jerry will be back. Miss his posts.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 5849  ~  Member Since: February 12 2014  ~  Last Visit: April 19 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

walt
Big Boy

Tyco Yum

Posted - December 25 2019 :  12:11:27 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add walt to Buddylist
Jerry has the Color Bright Krispy Kreme box car. One car I would still like to get someday...
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 6279  ~  Member Since: February 18 2009  ~  Last Visit: March 04 2022 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

wks
Big Boy

parrot2015

Posted - August 09 2022 :  11:45:25 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wks to Buddylist

Nice internet photo for Ben.

Anytime Ben.

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 5849  ~  Member Since: February 12 2014  ~  Last Visit: April 19 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - August 09 2022 :  12:45:06 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
quote:

Nice internet photo for Ben.

Anytime Ben.
Originally posted by wks - August 09 2022 :  11:45:25 AM

yer sick XD
do need a couple passenger cars & the matching locos hehe

wks
Big Boy

parrot2015

Posted - August 10 2022 :  11:06:38 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wks to Buddylist

There you go.

Set is complete.

Previous Topic: Pacing Amtrak Topic Next Topic: Tyco 1:1 scale diesel - CSX 4301  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.31 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000