Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 32 ]  [ Total: 32 ]  [ Newest Member: Stan ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 Tyco Trains
 Tyco Rolling Stock
 Estate Sale: Billboard Boxcar Bonanza
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Anyone ever see this? Topic Next Topic: Maxwell House Coffee Center-Flow Hopper  

Coach
Switcher

LNAvatar2

Posted - March 06 2010 :  3:59:37 PM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add Coach to Buddylist
Hi! Hit the jackpot at an estate sale this morning. Somebody was a collector of billboard boxcars. Thought you all might get a kick out of looking at them.

First is Tyco, got 3 out of 4 on the DC comic cars. Like the industrial Coke tanker too.

Next is Tyco in boxes, I like the Jello, that's a lot of Jello.

These are Life-Like, but I got them anyways. Some neat graphics I had not seen some of them before.

And more Tyco, I went ahead and got these even without the boxes 'cause I haggled them way down.

Well, it was a fun day! Thanks for looking hope you enjoyed them.

C
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 20  ~  Member Since: March 04 2010  ~  Last Visit: August 07 2012 Alert Moderator 

catfordken

SREnglishGentlemanAvatar

Posted - March 06 2010 :  4:03:38 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send catfordken a Yahoo! Message  Add catfordken to Buddylist
mind blowing lot,will not ask how much you paid as its bound to cheese me off ken
 Country: United Kingdom  ~  Posts: 8294  ~  Member Since: September 28 2006  ~  Last Visit: October 20 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

ptgolf
Little Six

Posted - March 06 2010 :  4:05:12 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add ptgolf to Buddylist
Very nice finds. I have always liked the look of the Wonder Bread car.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 113  ~  Member Since: March 13 2006  ~  Last Visit: May 30 2017 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Alco Fan
Big Boy

PRRGoldAvatar

Posted - March 06 2010 :  4:25:47 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Alco Fan to Buddylist
Wow! Your F unit is powered by a plastic MU2 style motor. I love the Lipton Tea covered hopper. Congrats and thanks for showing them.
Alco Fan
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2496  ~  Member Since: August 03 2006  ~  Last Visit: December 06 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - March 06 2010 :  4:27:28 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
hey get closer pics of Dentene & the Twinkie boxcars Send them to Tony Cook as they aren't in his site! Was curious Would you be willing to sell any extra billboard cars? As even I'm a avid collector of these Also the only DC Comic car your missing is Wonder Woman
Edited by - microbusss on March 06 2010 4:31:39 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14683  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: March 28 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

MM 1498
Big Boy

ICRAvatar

Posted - March 06 2010 :  4:33:35 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Click to see MM 1498's MSN Messenger address  Add MM 1498 to Buddylist
Those are some incredible finds! I'm amazed you found TWO Maxwell coffee cars.

- Matt -
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 1021  ~  Member Since: August 24 2008  ~  Last Visit: January 05 2020 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

tykowolf
Big Six

tml

Posted - March 06 2010 :  5:15:46 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add tykowolf to Buddylist
Woooh! 3 Musketeers! Chocolate fluffy goodness in a boxcar. So jealous.
 Country: Australia  ~  Posts: 362  ~  Member Since: March 21 2009  ~  Last Visit: December 31 2011 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

steve
Big Six

PRREagleAvatar

Posted - March 06 2010 :  6:11:57 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Click to see steve's MSN Messenger address  Add steve to Buddylist
very nice finds!! I was gonna ask if you wanted to sell any doubles but I saw buss allready did well nice stuff!!
Steven
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 227  ~  Member Since: January 26 2010  ~  Last Visit: May 18 2016 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

New_York_Central
Founder

NYCDreyfussAvatar

Posted - March 06 2010 :  7:26:53 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add New_York_Central to Buddylist
Very nice. I just started getting into the life-like billboard boxcars, the welches car is a tough one to find. I've managed to get my hands on a few of them but still have a long way to go apparently.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1322  ~  Member Since: October 30 2005  ~  Last Visit: March 28 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

burlington77
Big Boy

burlington2

Posted - March 06 2010 :  8:36:15 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add burlington77 to Buddylist
That's awesome, and it just shows what you can get when you're in the right place at the right time. It's what keeps me scouring auctions, flea markets, and garage sales.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1166  ~  Member Since: October 18 2009  ~  Last Visit: December 23 2018 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

royal blue
Hudson

PRRShieldAvatar

Posted - March 06 2010 :  8:46:53 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add royal blue to Buddylist
quote:
Hi! Hit the jackpot at an estate sale this morning. Somebody was a collector of billboard boxcars. Thought you all might get a kick out of looking at them.

First is Tyco, got 3 out of 4 on the DC comic cars. Like the industrial Coke tanker too.

Next is Tyco in boxes, I like the Jello, that's a lot of Jello.

These are Life-Like, but I got them anyways. Some neat graphics I had not seen some of them before.

And more Tyco, I went ahead and got these even without the boxes 'cause I haggled them way down.

Well, it was a fun day! Thanks for looking hope you enjoyed them.

C

Originally posted by Coach - March 06 2010 :  3:59:37 PM

nice find!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 457  ~  Member Since: February 20 2010  ~  Last Visit: April 24 2020 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - March 06 2010 :  9:42:43 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
Yep it makes running trains a lot more fun. Espicaly for youngersters, like me at 64.

frank

toptrain

" It's a Heck of a Day " !!!

Edited by - toptrain on March 06 2010 9:53:45 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 7504  ~  Member Since: August 07 2008  ~  Last Visit: February 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

walt
Big Boy

Tyco Yum

Posted - March 07 2010 :  12:50:33 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add walt to Buddylist
VERY nice find!! Many nice Tyco pieces! I also like the AHM hoppers, Lipton & Wonder Bread. AHM has a Niagra & Canadian Club hopper too. The Canadian has neat paint detail. It's like, Christmas in March at your house! Enjoy!!
Walt

Luck, usually comes dressed in work clothes...
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 6279  ~  Member Since: February 18 2009  ~  Last Visit: March 04 2022 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Brianstyco
Big Boy

Mint Silver Streak

Posted - March 07 2010 :  09:59:52 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Brianstyco to Buddylist
Nice lot - Especially like the Life-Like lot
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2507  ~  Member Since: January 31 2006  ~  Last Visit: October 21 2017 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

wks
Big Boy

parrot2015

Posted - March 27 2021 :  1:55:19 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wks to Buddylist

Billboard Bonanza.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 5776  ~  Member Since: February 12 2014  ~  Last Visit: March 28 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - March 27 2021 :  3:08:13 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
That's from a while ago. LL did some great billboards, and I paid up
to get a NIB Dorrito car. The LL Kellogs, Juicy Fruit, and and Koolaid
are all unknown to me.

About five years ago I helped liquidate a large Tyco collection that was
kept on this guy's back porch. He was a retired hobby shop owner and
when he retired, all this inventory ended up there. Hundreds of Tyco
building kits and various rolling stock (not much in the way of Billboards).
I was able to cherry pick a few pieces to sell for the Model Train Club,
my friend Henry who dealt a little in antiques was able to secure some, but
the elderly gentleman, who was in failing health, desired to hang on to the majority of the stock for sentiment. He passed away a few weeks later, unbeknownst to us, and I heard that the remaining inventory failed to sell at the estate sale and was seen being off loaded into a giant dumpster.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11188  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: March 29 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Top_Jimmy
Switcher

Posted - April 14 2021 :  4:54:23 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Top_Jimmy to Buddylist
A few things from this post.

What's the link to the Tony Cook website? I'd like to check that out. Edit in: Is it 'ho-scaletrains.com'?

What a drag on the collection going into a dumpster. Damn shame!

I was (Ebay) bidding on a LL Kool-Aid car a couple years ago. Four seconds before the end, the price went to $37. Two seconds later, a sniper dropped a $100 bomb bid to make sure he got it. He was probably more surprised than I was when he LOST out to me for $102. He forced a royal $ale price, but I got the car. It was about a year later before I told the wife.

Edited by - Top_Jimmy on April 14 2021 5:19:18 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 15  ~  Member Since: April 04 2021  ~  Last Visit: August 06 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - April 15 2021 :  10:26:30 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
yeah that makes me sick & mad
IF I was there I'd of gave them $10 or moar for all of it & I'd of even jumped into the dumpster to save stuff like that too!
I realize trains aren't a good investment now like they were 40+ years ago but some will pay to the moon prices for a few
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14683  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: March 28 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: Anyone ever see this? Topic Next Topic: Maxwell House Coffee Center-Flow Hopper  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000