Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 7 ]  [ Total: 7 ]  [ Newest Member: Rohan4301 ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 Other Great HO Trains
 Bachmann Motive Power/Rolling Stock & Accessories
 Petsmart and Purina train
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: GS4 Chassis Variations Topic Next Topic: Some questions about the Bachmann ultradome  

70elcamino
Switcher

RRCrossingAvatar

Posted - January 02 2010 :  12:43:09 PM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add 70elcamino to Buddylist
Does anyone have any info on this set or one for sale ? I would really like to have this set and the purina cars that go with it or seperate.
Thanks, Russell
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 42  ~  Member Since: December 22 2009  ~  Last Visit: October 22 2021 Alert Moderator 

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - January 02 2010 :  1:51:25 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
what set?
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14689  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: April 23 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

catfordken

SREnglishGentlemanAvatar

Posted - January 02 2010 :  3:29:02 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send catfordken a Yahoo! Message  Add catfordken to Buddylist
are you talking bachmann petsmart and purina set ken
 Country: United Kingdom  ~  Posts: 8294  ~  Member Since: September 28 2006  ~  Last Visit: October 20 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

70elcamino
Switcher

RRCrossingAvatar

Posted - January 02 2010 :  7:51:16 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add 70elcamino to Buddylist
yes that is the one. what can you tell me about it ?
Russell
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 42  ~  Member Since: December 22 2009  ~  Last Visit: October 22 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

fairbanks
Switcher

Posted - February 20 2011 :  8:23:42 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add fairbanks to Buddylist
I just picked up this set from a dealer here is Indy. The front of the box is clear taped over the celophane area to hold the train in but the cars are correct. I don't know if it works, not tested yet.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1  ~  Member Since: February 20 2011  ~  Last Visit: February 21 2011 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

AMC_Gremlin_GT
Big Boy

GremlinBL2

Posted - February 20 2011 :  9:08:06 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT an AOL message  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT a Yahoo! Message  Add AMC_Gremlin_GT to Buddylist
Some Purina Cat and Dog boxcars are available separate. Here's a picture of the two I bought off Ebay awhile back. They run about $10-20 apiece, depending on your auction luck.

I've got at least 20+ Purina cars of various types, from Boxcars to open and closed hoppers. But only the two that specifically have Cat and Dog Chow on them. I've run my purina train before at my club show. Here's a picture of the Purina set I saved off Ebay awhile back,closer view -

I don't have the set, but I do have the cat and dog boxcars....come to think of it, I may have the ATSF caboose, and maybe even a Bachmann Santa Fe engine.

Jerry

" When life throws you bananas...it's easy to slip up"
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3974  ~  Member Since: January 04 2009  ~  Last Visit: January 11 2019 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - February 21 2011 :  08:38:51 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
crazy thing is I see both those boxcars at shows alot Will look Saturday for them
I have the Dog Chow one but somehow when I dropped it the sides shattered
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14689  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: April 23 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

AMC_Gremlin_GT
Big Boy

GremlinBL2

Posted - February 21 2011 :  12:20:29 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT an AOL message  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT a Yahoo! Message  Add AMC_Gremlin_GT to Buddylist
quote:
crazy thing is I see both those boxcars at shows alot Will look Saturday for them

Originally posted by microbusss - February 21 2011 :  08:38:51 AM

Well, if you see them (er, make that just the Cat CHow boxcar) at the show for $10 or less, I'll take a couple! Add them to my wish list. The other guy can have dibs first since I have a pair, but I will DEFINITELY pay if you get any. I'm good for it.

Jerry

" When life throws you bananas...it's easy to slip up"
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3974  ~  Member Since: January 04 2009  ~  Last Visit: January 11 2019 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

so_kornfuzed
Switcher

Posted - February 21 2017 :  11:13:17 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add so_kornfuzed to Buddylist
the set that is pictured, not the first one ..the second one...I'm picking one up tomorrow ..along with a couple other older sets
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1  ~  Member Since: February 08 2017  ~  Last Visit: March 06 2018 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - February 22 2017 :  12:12:49 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
I got four Bachmann Gravy Train box cars, mint in box. Let them all go for $50. I had them on Ebay for the longest time and no one interested...Really nice and all, but doesn't fit my overall Tyco trend.

Might say I was going through a Gravy Train phase at the time. Along the way I snagged this
promo set, more Tycoish than Bachmannish.

Edited by - Chops124 on February 22 2017 12:19:48 AM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11193  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 21 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - February 22 2017 :  1:02:24 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
I sent the caboose for the PetSmart set to a member here since he was missing it from his set

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - February 22 2017 :  8:03:26 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
quote:
the set that is pictured, not the first one ..the second one...I'm picking one up tomorrow ..along with a couple other older sets

Originally posted by so_kornfuzed - February 21 2017 :  11:13:17 PM

Please post a photo of your new find. This sounds really cool.

Edited by - Chops124 on February 23 2017 02:13:31 AM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11193  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 21 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Pokemonprime
Big Six

Posted - February 23 2017 :  07:14:11 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Pokemonprime to Buddylist
quote:
quote:
crazy thing is I see both those boxcars at shows a lot Will look Saturday for them

Well, if you see them (er, make that just the Cat Chow boxcar) at the show for $10 or less, I'll take a couple! Add them to my wish list. The other guy can have dibs first since I have a pair, but I will DEFINITELY pay if you get any. I'm good for it.

Jerry

Originally posted by AMC_Gremlin_GT - February 21 2011 :  12:20:29 PM

If microbuss can't find any, I'll keep an eye out at the Schultz Space Coast train show next Saturday. (Anything else anyone is looking for while I'm at it?).

sim-al2
Also since they cut track maintaince the trains had huge trouble making over the railroad by the end
純那
yeah
They did a Rock Island volountarily
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 283  ~  Member Since: August 22 2016  ~  Last Visit: March 14 2019 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - February 23 2017 :  12:33:35 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
quote:
quote:
quote:
crazy thing is I see both those boxcars at shows a lot Will look Saturday for them

Well, if you see them (er, make that just the Cat Chow boxcar) at the show for $10 or less, I'll take a couple! Add them to my wish list. The other guy can have dibs first since I have a pair, but I will DEFINITELY pay if you get any. I'm good for it.

Jerry

Originally posted by AMC_Gremlin_GT - February 21 2011 :  12:20:29 PM

If microbuss can't find any, I'll keep an eye out at the Schultz Space Coast train show next Saturday. (Anything else anyone is looking for while I'm at it?).

Originally posted by Pokemonprime - February 23 2017 :  07:14:11 AM

well I can't go anyway
Already went to the toy show on Sat Feb 18th
& don't have monies for the train show

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - February 25 2017 :  5:25:14 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
All this Purina stuff and you forgot the Basic Tyco reefer for Purina.
frank

toptrain

" It's a Heck of a Day " !!!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 7504  ~  Member Since: August 07 2008  ~  Last Visit: February 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - February 25 2017 :  11:46:01 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
quote:
All this Purina stuff and you forgot the Basic Tyco reefer for Purina.
frank

Originally posted by toptrain - February 25 2017 :  5:25:14 PM

yes & it came in 4 colors
Plus it was on the Chjugg Chugg Sound Hi-Cube boxcar too!
  Previous Topic: GS4 Chassis Variations Topic Next Topic: Some questions about the Bachmann ultradome  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.41 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000