Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 11 ]  [ Total: 11 ]  [ Newest Member: Rohan4301 ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 The Builders Depot
 Layouts - Construction and Operations
 Christmas kids trains - Both videos up now
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: My attic layout. Topic Next Topic: Ship Santa Fe All the Way #2  

Brianstyco
Big Boy

Mint Silver Streak

Posted - November 29 2009 :  5:57:03 PM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add Brianstyco to Buddylist
Video # 1 of 2 is uploaded . This video features the Christmas train with blue strobe light bar and a lot of excited kids. Video was filmed on opening night NOV 27th 2009 at Daniel Stowe Botanical Gardens in Belmont NC off South New Hope Rd HWY 279. The crowd the 1st night was 2,000 and over 1500 second night. Second video link will be posted below this one(processing as of this post at 5:55pm est).

FINALLY PART 2 - SHORT STORY - 1st upload - i used Josh Grobman's Believe song from Polar Express CD - They silenced the whole sound track - i pulled video and re- did it with music that WMG doesn't own! WMG is EVIL.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSCOKxAkuyE

Edited by - Brianstyco on November 30 2009 12:36:54 AM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2507  ~  Member Since: January 31 2006  ~  Last Visit: October 21 2017 Alert Moderator 

LoopnHook
Big Six

Crusader

Posted - November 29 2009 :  6:32:32 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add LoopnHook to Buddylist

All I can say right now is WOW!

Loopy

If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 200  ~  Member Since: October 29 2006  ~  Last Visit: August 29 2010 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - November 29 2009 :  8:49:43 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
kool are those police car lights? need some red ones on the caboose
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14689  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: April 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

shaygetz
Big Boy

Posted - November 29 2009 :  9:09:30 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add shaygetz to Buddylist
The look on those kids is priceless...4 stars, buddy.

Now...cough up the soundtrack...who and what album?
 Posts: 2465  ~  Member Since: April 15 2007  ~  Last Visit: December 01 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

MM 1498
Big Boy

ICRAvatar

Posted - November 29 2009 :  9:54:16 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Click to see MM 1498's MSN Messenger address  Add MM 1498 to Buddylist
I think some of the adults were mystified too. Amazing what that train can do Brian, you ought to keep it going all Christmas!

- Matt -
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 1021  ~  Member Since: August 24 2008  ~  Last Visit: January 05 2020 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

burlington77
Big Boy

burlington2

Posted - November 29 2009 :  10:00:28 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add burlington77 to Buddylist
Great stuff! Wish I could have been there!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1166  ~  Member Since: October 18 2009  ~  Last Visit: December 23 2018 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Brianstyco
Big Boy

Mint Silver Streak

Posted - November 29 2009 :  10:29:32 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Brianstyco to Buddylist
THANK YOU ALL FOR THE COMMENTS. The strobe bar is from Miniatronics and MB they do make them in red. The second video is taking a very long time -but that is youtube sometimes. I will post the direct view here when it uploads. The kids make the video. The strobe light just added the excitement. Stowe Botanical is going to upload a direct link to these videos on their website sometime next week. This was their request - i was in awe as i wasn't expecting that. Many of the adults wanted to know if had any extra trains made up to sell as a complete set - if i'd only knew. The response to this train has exceeded my wildest expectations. You can't buy joy and happiness that has been expressed in the videos and it is an AWESOME feeling to have created this train and to see the excitement and smiles it has brought - kids still have the magic
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2507  ~  Member Since: January 31 2006  ~  Last Visit: October 21 2017 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

burlington77
Big Boy

burlington2

Posted - November 29 2009 :  10:33:47 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add burlington77 to Buddylist
That's just great. Botanical gardens are neat. We went to the one in Omaha, NE this summer when they were having a train show. It was a lot of fun.

I have to admit I was skeptical when you first showed a decorated Christmas car. But the videos show something entirely different. They really make an impressive display. Great job getting the kids excited!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1166  ~  Member Since: October 18 2009  ~  Last Visit: December 23 2018 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Tony Cook
Big Boy

TycoGMOGP20Avatar

Posted - November 30 2009 :  10:08:41 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Tony Cook to Buddylist
Brian, excellent work! You should be very proud of your efforts!

Sharing our hobby is very important and at times forgotten. Displays like these inspire many to join this "world's greatest hobby"!

Thanks for sharing the images!

Tony Cook
HO-Scale Trains Resource
http://ho-scaletrains.net
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1658  ~  Member Since: December 03 2005  ~  Last Visit: February 07 2010 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Alco Fan
Big Boy

PRRGoldAvatar

Posted - December 01 2009 :  9:03:09 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Alco Fan to Buddylist
You make me proud Brian. Very enjoyable.
Alco Fan
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2496  ~  Member Since: August 03 2006  ~  Last Visit: December 06 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

NickelPlate759
Big Boy

Rivarossi Logo

Posted - December 02 2009 :  11:49:58 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add NickelPlate759 to Buddylist
There's something about a train that's magic.

You'll have to try a steam loco next.

The Tyco Depot
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3927  ~  Member Since: June 20 2007  ~  Last Visit: November 19 2015 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Brianstyco
Big Boy

Mint Silver Streak

Posted - December 03 2009 :  06:58:36 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Brianstyco to Buddylist
quote:
There's something about a train that's magic.

You'll have to try a steam loco next.

Originally posted by NickelPlate759-December 02 2009: 11:49:58 PM

Yes - a smoking one - Bachamann probably as they have some that pour out the smoke!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2507  ~  Member Since: January 31 2006  ~  Last Visit: October 21 2017 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Brianstyco
Big Boy

Mint Silver Streak

Posted - December 03 2009 :  07:01:00 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Brianstyco to Buddylist
quote:
Brian, excellent work! You should be very proud of your efforts!

Sharing our hobby is very important and at times forgotten. Displays like these inspire many to join this "world's greatest hobby"!

Thanks for sharing the images!

Originally posted by Tony Cook-November 30 2009: 10:08:41 AM

Thank you Tony

Tyco Nut
Big Six

Posted - December 03 2009 :  07:16:02 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Tyco Nut to Buddylist
Excellent work! I'm impressed.

Rus

Starting my Tyco and other favorites collection over again after 37 years.
My still in progress list of inventory and wantlist: tyconut.com
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 396  ~  Member Since: November 02 2009  ~  Last Visit: March 14 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Brianstyco
Big Boy

Mint Silver Streak

Posted - November 20 2010 :  11:17:19 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Brianstyco to Buddylist
NOV 20TH 2010 - LOCAL NBC NEWS CAMERA MAN SHOT VIDEO OF MY CUSTOM TRAIN TO BE AIRED SUNDAY MORNING - WILL TRY TO GET A VIDEO LINK OR OTHER POSTED HERE TO FORUM AS SOON AS IT AIRS. I WILL HAVE SOME NEW VIDEO UP SOON FROM THE SOUTHERN CHRISTMAS SHOW IN CHARLOTTE NC OF MY TRAIN LAYOUT AND KIDS. GOING BACK AGAIN SUNDAY TO DO SOME FILMING AND MORE RUNNING OF CHRISTMAS TRAIN. MY NEW VIDEO WILL BE DONE IN MEMORY OF LOOPNHOOK AS MY VIDEOS ABOVE HE REALLY LIKED AND BROUGHT HIM JOY. I WILL MISS HIS COMMENTS WHEN I POST NEW VIDEO BUT HOPING THAT HE CAN SEE FROM HEAVEN
Edited by - Brianstyco on November 20 2010 11:21:16 PM

taycotrains
Big Six

TAYCOTRAINS

Posted - November 21 2010 :  09:43:40 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add taycotrains to Buddylist
quote:
NOV 20TH 2010 - LOCAL NBC NEWS CAMERA MAN SHOT VIDEO OF MY CUSTOM TRAIN TO BE AIRED SUNDAY MORNING - WILL TRY TO GET A VIDEO LINK OR OTHER POSTED HERE TO FORUM AS SOON AS IT AIRS. I WILL HAVE SOME NEW VIDEO UP SOON FROM THE SOUTHERN CHRISTMAS SHOW IN CHARLOTTE NC OF MY TRAIN LAYOUT AND KIDS. GOING BACK AGAIN SUNDAY TO DO SOME FILMING AND MORE RUNNING OF CHRISTMAS TRAIN. MY NEW VIDEO WILL BE DONE IN MEMORY OF LOOPNHOOK AS MY VIDEOS ABOVE HE REALLY LIKED AND BROUGHT HIM JOY. I WILL MISS HIS COMMENTS WHEN I POST NEW VIDEO BUT HOPING THAT HE CAN SEE FROM HEAVEN

That is terrific !!! Congratulations on the publicity !!! This hobby needs more "ambassadors"
like yourself Brian ! The sentiment for Loopy is wonderful too !

BT
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 385  ~  Member Since: August 08 2007  ~  Last Visit: October 10 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

wks
Big Boy

parrot2015

Posted - December 06 2020 :  4:46:24 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wks to Buddylist
quote:
Video # 1 of 2 is uploaded . This video features the Christmas train with blue strobe light bar and a lot of excited kids. Video was filmed on opening night NOV 27th 2009 at Daniel Stowe Botanical Gardens in Belmont NC off South New Hope Rd HWY 279. The crowd the 1st night was 2,000 and over 1500 second night. Second video link will be posted below this one(processing as of this post at 5:55pm est).

FINALLY PART 2 - SHORT STORY - 1st upload - i used Josh Grobman's Believe song from Polar Express CD - They silenced the whole sound track - i pulled video and re- did it with music that WMG doesn't own! WMG is EVIL.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSCOKxAkuyE
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 5875  ~  Member Since: February 12 2014  ~  Last Visit: April 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: My attic layout. Topic Next Topic: Ship Santa Fe All the Way #2  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.3 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000