Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 10 ]  [ Total: 10 ]  [ Newest Member: Strummer ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 The Builders Depot
 Layouts - Construction and Operations
 For the Die- Hard Tyconauts
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Why I''m Building Cat Guards... Topic Next Topic: Welcome to  

Brianstyco
Big Boy

Mint Silver Streak

Posted - October 21 2009 :  11:29:58 PM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add Brianstyco to Buddylist
Here are some pictures of Tyco locomotives and rolling stock on my layout -- I have more Tyco Engines and Cars that are not in these pictures -- don't think i could fit all of them on this layout -- Enjoy!

Tyco Royal Blue and Silver Streak in front of engine shed from PikeStuff

view 2

view 3

Shark view
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2507  ~  Member Since: January 31 2006  ~  Last Visit: October 21 2017 Alert Moderator 

AMC_Gremlin_GT
Big Boy

GremlinBL2

Posted - October 22 2009 :  07:39:33 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT an AOL message  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT a Yahoo! Message  Add AMC_Gremlin_GT to Buddylist
I like that sharknose - Midnight special? - Jerry -
" When life throws you bananas...it's easy to slip up"
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3974  ~  Member Since: January 04 2009  ~  Last Visit: January 11 2019 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

smokie
Hudson

smokie

Posted - October 22 2009 :  10:42:50 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add smokie to Buddylist
nice, how do they run?

how big is your layout? i'm getting ready to start mine & i need some ideas. do you have an overhead veiw?

jerry
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 553  ~  Member Since: January 14 2009  ~  Last Visit: August 29 2020 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

shaygetz
Big Boy

Posted - October 22 2009 :  11:17:15 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add shaygetz to Buddylist
Sweet yard shots...
 Posts: 2465  ~  Member Since: April 15 2007  ~  Last Visit: December 01 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - October 22 2009 :  11:25:07 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
yard abit messy but Oh well we all can't be perfect Good collection too That Royal Blue caboose You make that or did it come with steamer?
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14688  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: April 18 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Brianstyco
Big Boy

Mint Silver Streak

Posted - October 22 2009 :  7:15:24 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Brianstyco to Buddylist
quote:
yard abit messy but Oh well we all can't be perfect Good collection too That Royal Blue caboose You make that or did it come with steamer?

Originally posted by microbusss-October 22 2009: 11:25:07 AM

Yes MB -- my layout is a bit messy but i don't care right now -- Glad you noticed L-O-L. The Royal Blue caboose i purchased off Ebay. I actually have several of them as i have several Royal Blue still mint in the box.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2507  ~  Member Since: January 31 2006  ~  Last Visit: October 21 2017 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Brianstyco
Big Boy

Mint Silver Streak

Posted - October 22 2009 :  7:22:57 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Brianstyco to Buddylist
quote:
nice, how do they run?

how big is your layout? i'm getting ready to start mine & i need some ideas. do you have an overhead veiw?

Originally posted by smokie-October 22 2009: 10:42:50 AM

Smokey -- will measure the building -- it is not big enough for what i am wanting to do - but right now - don't have a choice - is better than nothing though. I will get an over head shot and post for you. My radius on the curves - i used code 83 -24 radius as a guide to lay roadbed down for inside track and then used flex track code 100. The outside curved was laid parallel to the inside by eyeing. I don't know radius of it. The wider you can do curves -- looks better and lessens chance for derailments running long equipment and using code 100 ensures you can run old and new. i originally had code 83 --had too many problems even with new stuff. Tyco cars will not run on code 83 unless you put metal wheels on them and some locomotives will run w/o tie tapping while others bounce like crazy
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2507  ~  Member Since: January 31 2006  ~  Last Visit: October 21 2017 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

DJdeTrainman
Little Six

NJTransitAvatar

Posted - October 22 2009 :  8:32:41 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add DJdeTrainman to Buddylist
Micro; the RB caboose is a Tyco, I got one for $4 at a "used train store" within Traintown, USA over the summer. I believe it came with the trian in the freight sets. Now I just need to find my steamer...
D.J. (Yeah, I'm "that kid"... Deal.)

http://railroadrandomness.blogspot.com/
Look; a new blog...

Yippee!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 157  ~  Member Since: February 05 2009  ~  Last Visit: June 05 2017 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - October 22 2009 :  9:13:40 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
used trains eh? need to find some in & around Denver when I go
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14688  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: April 18 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Alco Fan
Big Boy

PRRGoldAvatar

Posted - October 24 2009 :  11:23:16 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Alco Fan to Buddylist
Thanks and keep 'em comin' Brian.
Alco Fan
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2496  ~  Member Since: August 03 2006  ~  Last Visit: December 06 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

wks
Big Boy

parrot2015

Posted - July 04 2020 :  12:04:01 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wks to Buddylist

I believe someone here is still looking for the Maxwell House covered hopper car. Nice photos of your equipment.

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 5849  ~  Member Since: February 12 2014  ~  Last Visit: April 19 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - July 04 2020 :  10:21:47 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
quote:

I believe someone here is still looking for the Maxwell House covered hopper car. Nice photos of your equipment.
Originally posted by wks - July 04 2020 :  12:04:01 PM

not me but I want the boxcar
  Previous Topic: Why I''m Building Cat Guards... Topic Next Topic: Welcome to  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.16 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000