Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 1 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 8 ]  [ Total: 9 ]  [ Newest Member: Rohan4301 ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 Other Great HO Trains
 Revell Motive Power, Rolling Stock & Accessories
 Heinz 57
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: somebodys nightmare Topic Next Topic: Revell F7 Rock Island  

VintageHO
Mikado

Tyco Time

Posted - September 28 2009 :  5:51:57 PM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add VintageHO to Buddylist
Here are a Pair of Revell T-4130 50' H. J. Heinz Vat Cars. Circa 1950s

Numquam Immoderatio Satis Est
(Too Much Is Never Enough )

Edited by - VintageHO on September 28 2009 5:56:03 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 632  ~  Member Since: January 23 2006  ~  Last Visit: June 21 2020 Alert Moderator 

LoopnHook
Big Six

Crusader

Posted - October 02 2009 :  06:01:58 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add LoopnHook to Buddylist
I always thought these cars were interesting I wonder what happened to the tooling? There cant be too many of the originals around the trucks kept falling apart! I imagine that most folks just throw them away. My son Carl collects Revell He got so disgusted with the sprung talgo trucks he replaced them and mounted Kadees on the frame! All of which is making your original pair rarer and rarer!

Every time I see one of these pickle cars it invokes thoughts far removed from railroading I suppose its because my kid brother, ten years my junior, keep his stash of smoking weed in the tubs of a busted Heinz car. It was the mid sixties with its attendant love ins, protests and folk singin including Arlo Guthrie. Have you ever heard his pickle song? It goes I dont wanna pickle, I just wanna ride my motosickle and is the lead in for a long winded inane story bout playing his guitar while riding his bike. It was pretty silly but you had to sit through it until he got to the good stuff like the song Ridin on the City of New Orleans. So much for the random thoughts of an old man Im now gonna listen to the Guthrie kid (hes sixty something now) while looking at your cars Heres links to both the pickle and train songs if you care to join me

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g266Uwp6ZnI&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/user/jguth3#play/uploads/47/WYjOMIki6qs

Loopy
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 200  ~  Member Since: October 29 2006  ~  Last Visit: August 29 2010 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

ScaleCraft
Big Six

Posted - April 27 2013 :  2:22:59 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add ScaleCraft to Buddylist
I've got a pair of those, also. One we've had in the family since.....I don't know, '59, '60?
I also have, in a box, a couple of tubs if anybody has one missing a tub.
Dave
 Country: United Kingdom  ~  Posts: 350  ~  Member Since: April 26 2013  ~  Last Visit: December 24 2022 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

waw47
Hudson

Posted - April 27 2013 :  3:24:40 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add waw47 to Buddylist
Concor has the tooling. They have released hoopers, bunk cars, flat cars, gondolas and the SW7 switcher over the years.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 466  ~  Member Since: August 09 2010  ~  Last Visit: April 23 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

lvrr325
Big Boy

Posted - April 29 2013 :  11:54:54 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add lvrr325 to Buddylist
Con-Cor has it but I don't know that they've used any of it in a while. The reissue stuff was re-engineered - the SW7 got a Kato drive, for instance - so it's not quite the same.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 956  ~  Member Since: January 27 2008  ~  Last Visit: May 27 2016 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - April 30 2013 :  08:53:16 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
I got one of these & it has the trucks intact!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14689  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: April 23 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

GG-1 Guy
Mikado

GG-1

Posted - April 30 2013 :  09:19:56 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add GG-1 Guy to Buddylist
I have the Athearn Heinz cars with the opening doors. I have t get me a couple of these.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 664  ~  Member Since: May 05 2012  ~  Last Visit: March 16 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

waw47
Hudson

Posted - April 30 2013 :  11:06:56 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add waw47 to Buddylist
Concor currently has the pulpwood car and gondolas listed on their website.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 466  ~  Member Since: August 09 2010  ~  Last Visit: April 23 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

EM-1
Big Boy

B&O EM-1 7614

Posted - June 14 2013 :  12:07:27 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Click to see EM-1's MSN Messenger address  Send EM-1 a Yahoo! Message  Add EM-1 to Buddylist
I found a complete Heinz 57 Pickle car at a local shop in the used section, for $5.00, you better believe its in my collection now! I also have both types that Athearn offered back in the day! (I am thinking of adding a "Pickle factory from Pola, to my layout..) Be a GREAT "Spur" and traffic for it!

The 2 cars pictured, do they have the original trucks that are sprung, with "Talgo" mounted X2F couplers? Difficult to tell from the picture if that's whats on them!

~John

Many have tried to, and failed, ya just can't repair stupid...

Do NOT try to Idiot-Proof anything!!!! God, will simply create a better......IDIOT!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2911  ~  Member Since: March 26 2012  ~  Last Visit: January 14 2014 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: somebodys nightmare Topic Next Topic: Revell F7 Rock Island  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.19 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000