Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 8 ]  [ Total: 8 ]  [ Newest Member: Strummer ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 Other Great HO Trains
 All the others not mentioned.
 PRR K4 Video
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Bowser for the Canucks Topic Next Topic: Penn Line GG-1  

Erich
Big Boy

train

Posted - September 27 2009 :  3:15:28 PM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add Erich to Buddylist
/tyco/forum/uploaded/erich/Pa2sign.jpg

PRR K4 with lead boiler. Varney - Pennline bash. - Erich

Edited by - Erich on January 12 2010 1:54:14 PM
 Country: Austria  ~  Posts: 1046  ~  Member Since: December 03 2008  ~  Last Visit: December 19 2023 Alert Moderator 

ChrisC
Hudson

B&O

Posted - September 29 2009 :  07:42:20 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add ChrisC to Buddylist
Nice Erich! Seems like it runs good. Out of curiosity how well does it pull?
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 531  ~  Member Since: January 29 2009  ~  Last Visit: July 10 2020 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Erich
Big Boy

train

Posted - September 29 2009 :  1:07:38 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Erich to Buddylist
quote:
Nice Erich! Seems like it runs good. Out of curiosity how well does it pull?

Originally posted by ChrisC-September 29 2009: 07:42:20 AM

Pulling power is not a question of the number of cars, its the question of the couplers,
but I think it pulls 30 freight cars easely.
Maybe sometimes I try this out and post it on YOUTUBE.
- Erich
 Country: Austria  ~  Posts: 1046  ~  Member Since: December 03 2008  ~  Last Visit: December 19 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

ChrisC
Hudson

B&O

Posted - October 02 2009 :  08:51:32 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add ChrisC to Buddylist
Well look on the bright side, it probably out pulls my expensive MTH K4 lol. Actually it pulls ok, and even comes with a axle with traction tires installed on it that you can swap on to get more pulling power. We left it off because I'd rather it slip than put stress on the motor. If you try to go for a record post up the results!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 531  ~  Member Since: January 29 2009  ~  Last Visit: July 10 2020 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Erich
Big Boy

train

Posted - October 02 2009 :  2:50:01 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Erich to Buddylist
Hi Chris!

I am not looking out for a record. I only wanted to answer your request.
But you can be shure that I put all my cars I have behind my K4!
lets see whats happend. - Erich (my K4 is about 50 years old so be passioned)
 Country: Austria  ~  Posts: 1046  ~  Member Since: December 03 2008  ~  Last Visit: December 19 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

ChrisC
Hudson

B&O

Posted - October 02 2009 :  5:14:35 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add ChrisC to Buddylist
Haha no I was just curious. Mine pulls ok, but it seems to break a sweat sometimes when other engines might not. And I heard the bachmann K4's are known to slip pretty good also. There are two shows coming up in about a month so just in case I run into a older K4 I'd consider the purchase

Erich
Big Boy

train

Posted - October 06 2009 :  1:45:13 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Erich to Buddylist
Hi Chris!

I forgot that the MTH engines also diecast, what about putting some lead on it to make it more heavy as it already is? But buying a Bowser or more special a Penn Line with a lead boiler is a good thing!

many greetings - Erich

Edited by - Erich on October 06 2009 1:46:07 PM

wks
Big Boy

parrot2015

Posted - December 09 2020 :  5:31:58 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wks to Buddylist

Video is still available.

PRR K4 with lead boiler. Varney - Pennline bash.
Many thanks Erich for finding this video.

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 5849  ~  Member Since: February 12 2014  ~  Last Visit: April 18 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: Bowser for the Canucks Topic Next Topic: Penn Line GG-1  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.14 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000