Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 15 ]  [ Total: 15 ]  [ Newest Member: Strummer ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 Tyco Trains
 Tyco Rolling Stock
 D&H Caboose
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Chromed Passenger Cars Topic Next Topic: Recent Train Show Visit  

Alco Fan
Big Boy

PRRGoldAvatar

Posted - May 08 2009 :  7:40:27 PM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add Alco Fan to Buddylist
Did the D& H caboose, Mantua, ever come with the D&H Alco 630?
Alco Fan
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2496  ~  Member Since: August 03 2006  ~  Last Visit: December 06 2021 Alert Moderator 

smokie
Hudson

smokie

Posted - May 10 2009 :  12:14:42 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add smokie to Buddylist
i'm not sure i've ever seen a tyco D&H caboose. did they even make them?
jerry
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 553  ~  Member Since: January 14 2009  ~  Last Visit: August 29 2020 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

romcat
Big Boy

LondonPortStanley

Posted - May 10 2009 :  12:18:27 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add romcat to Buddylist
Don't think so!?

-Gareth
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 4200  ~  Member Since: January 08 2006  ~  Last Visit: November 09 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

ILUVBUDWSR
Hudson

fty

Posted - May 10 2009 :  06:22:58 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add ILUVBUDWSR to Buddylist
I`ve seen them pretty offten so I would`nt say the D&H cab is HTF or rare but I cant think of a set that tyco put out that had any D&H locomotives in them to compare. It`s really hard to say because with all the sets that were put out by sears and other toy companies around christmas time that were never documented you would think one is bound to show up for comparison. I would think this would be the only time a caboose would have been offered with a C-630.

My guess is they did`nt and the caboose was such a short run that it only turned up as an individual peice. If the D&H locomotive ever did show up in a set it would have been sold with the generic caboose. It always puzzled me why they did a Conrail F-9 and put it in a set but it never had a matching caboose and was always sold with the red, generic caboose.

A lone amature built the ark! A large group of professionals built the titanic!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 423  ~  Member Since: September 25 2006  ~  Last Visit: November 08 2012 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Alco Fan
Big Boy

PRRGoldAvatar

Posted - May 10 2009 :  09:10:31 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Alco Fan to Buddylist
Mantua made the D&H caboose. GiC has one posted on his site. I bought one from the 'bay last week. I just wondered about it's origins.
Alco Fan
Edited by - Alco Fan on May 10 2009 09:11:17 AM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2496  ~  Member Since: August 03 2006  ~  Last Visit: December 06 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

GoingInCirclez
Big Boy

Posted - May 10 2009 :  10:21:56 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add GoingInCirclez to Buddylist
I've seen D&H bobbers more than the red 8-wheel version. The yellow one has only turned up a couple times. The yellow one uses a decal for the shield herald (just like the Western Pacific caboose which uses a decal for the WP logo but is painted otherwise).

Mehano made a conrail caboose using the Tyco tooling that is an ecellent match for the F unit.

There are a number of loco roadnames readily available with proportionately scarce-to-rare-to-unobtanium cabeese. Consider: Cotton Belt, Chicago & Northwestern, GT, New York Central, Great Northern, Atlantic Coast Line, Reading, Western Pacific...
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2175  ~  Member Since: July 15 2006  ~  Last Visit: January 31 2010 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Alco Fan
Big Boy

PRRGoldAvatar

Posted - May 12 2009 :  7:48:06 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Alco Fan to Buddylist
Here's a pic.
Alco Fan
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2496  ~  Member Since: August 03 2006  ~  Last Visit: December 06 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

lehigh310
Switcher

Posted - July 02 2009 :  07:44:05 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add lehigh310 to Buddylist
Here's a shot of pages from the Sears 1976 Wish Book, grabbed from an eBay listing. The D&H C630 is one of the engines in a two-train set; the picture is too small to make out the lettering on the caboose at the end of the C630 train, but it is definitely yellow.

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 8  ~  Member Since: January 17 2007  ~  Last Visit: June 26 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Alco Fan
Big Boy

PRRGoldAvatar

Posted - May 15 2018 :  1:35:43 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Alco Fan to Buddylist
There are at least two red D&H cabooses, one is lighted and one isn’t and they are in the Pennsy style. I
Alco Fan

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - May 15 2018 :  5:00:52 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
I thought you might of meant this D&H caboose?

Pic stolen from GG-1 from another post in here
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14689  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: April 19 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Alco Fan
Big Boy

PRRGoldAvatar

Posted - May 15 2018 :  8:42:18 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Alco Fan to Buddylist
Busss,
Thanks!!
I saw that when I searched and I think it’s the one from the wishbook pages above.
This post is nine years old.

Alco Fan

GG-1 Guy
Mikado

GG-1

Posted - May 19 2018 :  3:02:28 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add GG-1 Guy to Buddylist
I had two of each, the red and the yellow, but I sold one of the yellow ones. I also have two of the Durango cabooses.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 664  ~  Member Since: May 05 2012  ~  Last Visit: March 16 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - May 19 2018 :  10:07:05 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
quote:
I had two of each, the red and the yellow, but I sold one of the yellow ones. I also have two of the Durango cabooses.

Originally posted by GG-1 Guy - May 19 2018 :  3:02:28 PM

the floodlight car & the streamlined?
me too
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14689  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: April 19 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

GG-1 Guy
Mikado

GG-1

Posted - May 21 2018 :  10:53:52 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add GG-1 Guy to Buddylist
Buss, both!!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 664  ~  Member Since: May 05 2012  ~  Last Visit: March 16 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: Chromed Passenger Cars Topic Next Topic: Recent Train Show Visit  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.44 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000