Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 1 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 13 ]  [ Total: 14 ]  [ Newest Member: Strummer ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 The Builders Depot
 Layouts - Construction and Operations
 Amusement Park and Circus
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: San Diego Model RR Museum Topic Next Topic: Small Switching Layout  

Mike
Big Boy

CNRAvatar

Posted - April 02 2009 :  5:09:02 PM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add Mike to Buddylist
I took these pictures at a train show a few years ago in Brampton, Ontario.

Mike
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 1586  ~  Member Since: December 07 2007  ~  Last Visit: April 15 2024 Alert Moderator 

eaglerock109
Mikado

MantuaAvatar

Posted - April 06 2009 :  11:08:01 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add eaglerock109 to Buddylist
In the back ground of some the pictures of my loco's and cars you can see parts of the carnival rides I have on my layout. Here are a few pictures.

It looks desolated, the layout is running but parts are still under construction. All the rides are wired and working, just need time to put the figures out on the midway.
Tom

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 620  ~  Member Since: February 03 2008  ~  Last Visit: April 16 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - April 06 2009 :  11:44:49 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
neato abusement park jk I'm more into city scapes myself but amusement park models is cool too
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14688  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: April 18 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

walt
Big Boy

Tyco Yum

Posted - April 07 2009 :  07:58:11 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add walt to Buddylist
I have to agree with Ben,, ,I have only had one Circus piece ever and it was I believe a Life-Like flat car with the animals in the carriages (or what ever they are) I believe I still have the "bare flat car"

That was in the mid 70s .. Certainly is a piece that I would like to buy again...
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 6279  ~  Member Since: February 18 2009  ~  Last Visit: March 04 2022 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - April 07 2009 :  10:30:42 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
I agree with you there Walt I'd rather have the HO cars than the rides
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14688  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: April 18 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

walt
Big Boy

Tyco Yum

Posted - April 07 2009 :  7:57:20 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add walt to Buddylist
Hey Ben! That is a very nice carnaval for sure. I had a buddy of mine mention the railroad near the carival looked bad. Opposed to what he said though, where I grew up the county fair was right beside the railroad They had a demolishion derby at the fair and with all of the noise of the fair, a train would be right behind the bleachers and blow the horns!! Scared people to death when they done it!!!!

I like the carnival, I like the buildings around, or just alot of railcars on a layout! Great thing is there is enough of us to cover all the bases of Ho railroading! I'm one that going to mix HO railroading & slotcars together, with a realistic layout of a "city streets" theme. so I'm different myself.....
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 6279  ~  Member Since: February 18 2009  ~  Last Visit: March 04 2022 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

walt
Big Boy

Tyco Yum

Posted - April 07 2009 :  8:00:59 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add walt to Buddylist
The roller coaster in the carnival has taken my mind back to when I was a young boy.. I would get those tin roller coasters made by the "Chien" company, I believe that spelling is close. The old Chien coasters sell quite high on ebay for a nice one! I still want one!! Again!

Brianstyco
Big Boy

Mint Silver Streak

Posted - April 07 2009 :  10:03:21 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Brianstyco to Buddylist
NICE!!!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2507  ~  Member Since: January 31 2006  ~  Last Visit: October 21 2017 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - April 07 2009 :  10:17:59 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
come to think of it I used to have or still do a Carosel (sp) ride somewhere like to get rid of it IF I find it

shaygetz
Big Boy

Posted - April 07 2009 :  11:08:12 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add shaygetz to Buddylist
Nice work...my first long term job was as a carney and winter maintenance at Playland Amusement Park in Ocean City, MD. That Monster Mouse coaster brings a tear to my eye...spent many a day sandblasting and replacing steel on that old bird.
 Posts: 2465  ~  Member Since: April 15 2007  ~  Last Visit: December 01 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

wks
Big Boy

parrot2015

Posted - August 22 2022 :  09:14:45 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wks to Buddylist

Nice photos from back in the day. Here is a cool internet video.

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 5849  ~  Member Since: February 12 2014  ~  Last Visit: April 19 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: San Diego Model RR Museum Topic Next Topic: Small Switching Layout  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.23 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000