Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 21 ]  [ Total: 21 ]  [ Newest Member: Rohan4301 ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 Other Great HO Trains
 American Flyer (Gilbert)
 Gilbert HO trains
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Gilbert score Topic Next Topic: how good is this  

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - March 05 2009 :  11:25:58 PM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
anyone know about Gilbert HO trains? have a C & O hopper car that dumps will get pic of it ASAP
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14689  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: April 24 2024 Alert Moderator 

catfordken

SREnglishGentlemanAvatar

Posted - March 06 2009 :  05:22:32 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send catfordken a Yahoo! Message  Add catfordken to Buddylist
hi microbusss,check the link below,ken

http://www.hoseeker.org/gilbertinformation/gilbert1956infopage04.jpg
http://www.hoseeker.org/gilbertmiscellaneous.html

Edited by - catfordken on March 06 2009 05:23:46 AM
 Country: United Kingdom  ~  Posts: 8294  ~  Member Since: September 28 2006  ~  Last Visit: October 20 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - March 06 2009 :  11:54:27 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
hey thanks didn't know about the catalogs i gotta get a screw for the hopper's trucks as the screw got lost

used a Tootsietoy car to hold the bottom open

Edited by - microbusss on March 24 2009 11:45:58 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14689  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: April 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - March 25 2009 :  09:14:15 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
The gilbert hopper dump cars only had two manufactured ways of dumpimg them. Of course Gilbert made a dumper. The others were Renwall, Revell, and Ulrich. Renwall is the company known for their house on fire and the big unlaoding crane also made a unloading loading facility that worked with the gilbert cars. The track ramp that went to the top of a unloading bin with side flanges to operate the gilbert cars. Out of this bin came a motor driven screw unloader that would take the coal and reload cars again with it. Just remembered Ulrick and Revell also made a coal unloaded ramp. I think this also handled gilbert cars. On the one viewed here I added the tyco-mantua in track unloader so now the ramp will Unload all but Ulrich cars.
********Phot is the lower lead in ramp is Ulrick. The rest is Renwall.
frank

The unloader device is shown in this blow up in the link.

Attachment: unloader.jpg.JPG ( 18828bytes )

toptrain

" It's a Heck of a Day " !!!

Edited by - toptrain on January 30 2016 1:56:18 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 7504  ~  Member Since: August 07 2008  ~  Last Visit: February 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - December 09 2009 :  9:07:50 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
There is still another HO manufacture that made a coal car that would dump like the Gilbert, and Ulrich. That was the Revell company. I checked my photos and I don't have a photo of one. I do have two operating Revell coal cars and a third that has the operating car levers broken off so I'll have to make a photo.
frank

toptrain

Edited by - toptrain on December 09 2009 9:11:20 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 7504  ~  Member Since: August 07 2008  ~  Last Visit: February 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - August 12 2010 :  08:32:28 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
Maybe they were made almost 70 years ago but here is a pair of PRR B6s by Gilbert not in a box or on a display shelf but still turning there driving wheels at the Frankford Branch of the PGW Berger Point NJ

Frank

toptrain

Edited by - toptrain on August 12 2010 08:41:23 AM

choochin3
Mikado

USA

Posted - August 12 2010 :  08:50:33 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add choochin3 to Buddylist
A few years ago a family friend gave me a Gilbert HO set.
It's the two tone green Northern Pacific passenger set with an A-B-A F-3 set,and 4 matching passenger cars.
Though it does run a bit loudly it sure looks great going down the tracks!

Carl T.

President of the Cape James Terminal RR.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 691  ~  Member Since: April 16 2006  ~  Last Visit: November 01 2020 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

catfordken

SREnglishGentlemanAvatar

Posted - August 12 2010 :  08:54:32 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send catfordken a Yahoo! Message  Add catfordken to Buddylist
hi choochin3 nice set bottom of page ken
http://www.hoseeker.net/gilbertinformation/gilbert1957infopage1.jpg
 Country: United Kingdom  ~  Posts: 8294  ~  Member Since: September 28 2006  ~  Last Visit: October 20 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

choochin3
Mikado

USA

Posted - August 12 2010 :  08:57:25 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add choochin3 to Buddylist
Ken,
That's the one.
I don't know if the set had a B unit,or if someone added it later.

Cheers,
Carl T.

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 691  ~  Member Since: April 16 2006  ~  Last Visit: November 01 2020 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

VintageHO
Mikado

Tyco Time

Posted - August 12 2010 :  6:55:36 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add VintageHO to Buddylist
Here is the set minus The B unit. The B unit is hard to find.. Carl

Numquam Immoderatio Satis Est
(Too Much Is Never Enough )
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 632  ~  Member Since: January 23 2006  ~  Last Visit: June 21 2020 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

catfordken

SREnglishGentlemanAvatar

Posted - August 12 2010 :  6:58:14 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send catfordken a Yahoo! Message  Add catfordken to Buddylist
hey carl which room to do live in ,the bathroom is my guess with all the model railway items you have ken

VintageHO
Mikado

Tyco Time

Posted - August 12 2010 :  7:09:11 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add VintageHO to Buddylist
Ken. Lucky for me I have Three Bathrooms..
I'm still doing a digital Catalog of all my items. I also have the NP set in Fleischmann. You, Erich and Martin67 will like.. Check other thread.. Carl

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 632  ~  Member Since: January 23 2006  ~  Last Visit: June 21 2020 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - August 12 2010 :  7:32:48 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
is the yin-yang missing on the 2nd A unit? Was there ever one?
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14689  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: April 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

VintageHO
Mikado

Tyco Time

Posted - August 12 2010 :  8:00:57 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add VintageHO to Buddylist
Ben. all the 423 Engine I have seen there was no NP logo. In the Gilbert / AF Guide book there is pictures of the 424 and 423 engines without the logo. I think maybe the 424 dummy A unit I have is the odd one with the logo Or someone put them on it. Carl

choochin3
Mikado

USA

Posted - August 12 2010 :  9:38:45 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add choochin3 to Buddylist
I was digging through some boxes in the basement this evening and found my Gilbert NP set.
I'll have to check on that dummy a-unit decal.
Too bad I only have the boxes for the locos,and not the passenger cars.

Carl T.

Previous Topic: Gilbert score Topic Next Topic: how good is this  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.33 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000