Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 31 ]  [ Total: 31 ]  [ Newest Member: Stan ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 Other Great HO Trains
 Marx Motive Power, Rolling Stock and Accessories
 toptrain's Marx HO My stuff
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
Previous Page
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: I got my first Marx locomotives! Topic Next Topic: Marx Diesel Switcher / Model Power Porter Diesel?
Page: of 4

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - April 09 2017 :  4:52:58 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
post 155

* Well at Timoneium Maryland yesterday I got another Marx set. It has the New Haven 0-4-0 switcher that I didn't have yet. The set came with the loco and tender, a broken tank car, and a covered hopper. The caboose was missing. The recess in the plastic formed space I have seen before and it was for a 3 window Copola type caboose. I had a extra and replaced it. Here are some photos.

* If you go back to the last set that was listed by me it has the same car types, but the loco and tender and are lettered for the New York Central System. If you check the Marx set number it is the same. This is the first time I have seen this. Also the new set came with a Allstate tank car. I thought Allstate cars were only used in SEARs sets.
* I went to check Steve Winters Marx's site, and check the set number and see if these were the right cars for the set. The site wassn't there anymore. I had his E-mail and sent him a message to find out if this was common with all Marx sets. I have the link to his marx site and his E-mail address in post 1 of my Marx train thread here. Well I hope I will get a answere. It was a good site.
frank

toptrain

" It's a Heck of a Day " !!!

Edited by - toptrain on June 05 2017 9:19:28 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 7504  ~  Member Since: August 07 2008  ~  Last Visit: February 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - April 09 2017 :  5:04:09 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
sweet!
I has that same box but with Rock Island train in it
I even found a transformer like that one

atm I can't find the box
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14683  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: March 28 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - May 06 2017 :  11:06:30 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
post 157

** A car I seen a lot of but just didn't buy. So I finally got one for one of my NYC cranes.
The Marx NYC Crane tender.
frank

Here it is cleaned up. the side walls with tool boxes are missing.

toptrain

Edited by - toptrain on June 07 2017 10:56:50 AM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 7504  ~  Member Since: August 07 2008  ~  Last Visit: February 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - June 05 2017 :  1:44:32 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
post 158

Here is my Marx NYC operating box car with platform and track holder, boxed.
frank

toptrain

Edited by - toptrain on June 05 2017 9:21:10 PM

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - June 05 2017 :  8:51:37 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
post 159

I'd go "gimmes" on the double decker buses but already have a fleet

cool stuffs

how does the operating boxcar work?

Edited by - toptrain on June 05 2017 9:21:25 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14683  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: March 28 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - June 09 2017 :  5:21:30 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
Well at Hamburg last weekend I found a second Northern Pacific boxcar.The car was sold with the battery powered sets. The first which I had for years was different from Marx's standard boxcar. The new one is a standard Marx Box Car. The old one had a separate roof casting, separate roof walk, and separate side ladders. It was colored blue with a gray roof and black ladders and roof walkway. The side walls were rippled like Milwaukee Road box car. On both cars, I replaced the couplers wtih those of standard Marx System.
* Here is a photo of my first one.

* The one from last weekend is a standard Marx boxcar. It is all blue.

frank

toptrain

Edited by - toptrain on September 04 2017 06:32:55 AM

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - October 22 2019 :  06:56:50 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
Here is a link to a Marx identification site that works. This is the world of marX for me.
frank

http://marx-trains.tripod.com/

toptrain

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - October 22 2019 :  10:41:52 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
quote:
Here is a link to a Marx identification site that works. This is the world of marX for me.
frank

http://marx-trains.tripod.com/

Originally posted by toptrain - October 22 2019 :  06:56:50 AM

don't click on the Model Power link as its gone
as is the Marx Toy Museum

Edited by - microbusss on October 22 2019 10:48:58 AM

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - October 23 2019 :  2:38:58 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
A look through My Marks Train collection. what comes up is 3 photos and a video. You can select any to view.
frank

https://www.facebook.com/feoda.olear.7/videos/1671130836363712/

toptrain

Edited by - toptrain on October 23 2019 5:20:57 PM

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - February 10 2020 :  12:42:17 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
After awhile I have added a few pieces to the collection. with my Marx GP-7's I have added NYC and Northern Pacific locos. In cars only one. The New Haven all black bay window caboose with orange lettering and window trim. I got along with the set # 16522 of which I have everything except the caboose, until now.
frank

Set 16522 with black caboose.

The NH black caboose

Marx Northern Pacific Railroad GP7

toptrain

Edited by - toptrain on July 17 2020 07:39:25 AM

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - July 17 2020 :  08:06:22 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
Well I have been very lucky again and in my Marx search was able to make a bid for this Marx Sears set. This is a ebay photo I will replace once it arrives. The two flat cars in the set were one's I didn't have. The black Lehigh Valley flat with a wood load, and the Erie flat with the two 1957 Chrysler sedans. I never had acquired a boxed Marx Hudson set with a NYC Hudson powering it. These Sears sets usually come with car that function or have interesting loads. I will replace the photo as soon as I can. I hope to run the set soon and post a video.

Here is the set description from the Marx information site for set 9941. their is no date for the set.

9941 - New York Central 4-6-4 Hudson - Sears Allstate Set
Engine: New York Central #6096 4-6-4 Hudson steam with tender. Cars: Black & white New Haven box car; Southern Pacific gondola; black Lehigh Valley flat car with lumber; tuscan Erie flat car with 2 automobiles; black New York Central crane; tuscan New York Central work caboose, With track:

frank

toptrain

Edited by - toptrain on July 17 2020 08:23:20 AM

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - July 17 2020 :  08:59:05 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Magnificent set. Going to have to keep a look out
for that NH box.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11188  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: March 29 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - July 17 2020 :  3:29:29 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
Incredible set, toptrain - love that crane!
"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in Heaven." - Matthew 5:16

Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/rpmodelrailroads

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/rp_model_railroads/
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 4669  ~  Member Since: August 11 2017  ~  Last Visit: July 20 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - July 17 2020 :  6:32:16 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
whole set is a GIMMIES!!

did I ever post MY Marx stuffs in here?

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - July 17 2020 :  10:00:49 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
Thanks Jeff, Robert, and Ben. I always wanted a Hudson set. This set came with some toys as you can see, the Crane and the 2 loaded flat cars. I am certain Ben noticed them. He don't miss no toys.
frank.

toptrain

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - July 17 2020 :  11:13:13 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Seeing this makes me want to throw everything on eBay
and do a “pure Marx” layout.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11188  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: March 29 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

BlaxlandAlex3
Big Boy

Jupiterpfp2

Posted - July 18 2020 :  08:33:38 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add BlaxlandAlex3 to Buddylist
Do I see....

T H O M A S ?
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1549  ~  Member Since: October 10 2019  ~  Last Visit: January 04 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic: I got my first Marx locomotives! Topic Next Topic: Marx Diesel Switcher / Model Power Porter Diesel?  
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.38 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000