Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 8 ]  [ Total: 8 ]  [ Newest Member: Rohan4301 ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 Other Great HO Trains
 Marx Motive Power, Rolling Stock and Accessories
 a nice marx set i found in a collection.....
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: The Marx Hudson Topic Next Topic: Marx HO accesories  

lexlie
Little Six

Posted - January 24 2009 :  4:14:16 PM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add lexlie to Buddylist
hey guys

the collection i got near napierville quebec did not seem much at first until i got my eyes on this ROCK ISLAND NUMBER 99 A+B UNITS AND THE WHOLE SET THAT CAME WITH THEM... in the original box and in very nice condition

Have a look

guess i'm quite happy with this surprise...

i did find the A+B units on the web but never found the whole set
if someone has a listing or web page concerning it please get back to me

tx again again and again

PAT
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 188  ~  Member Since: January 18 2009  ~  Last Visit: June 14 2015 Alert Moderator 

Mike
Big Boy

CNRAvatar

Posted - January 24 2009 :  4:33:48 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Mike to Buddylist
Nice find!

Mike
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 1586  ~  Member Since: December 07 2007  ~  Last Visit: April 23 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

MM 1498
Big Boy

ICRAvatar

Posted - January 24 2009 :  9:21:31 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Click to see MM 1498's MSN Messenger address  Add MM 1498 to Buddylist
Wow, very nice indeed.

Looks complete and hardly used...you ought to set it up and run it sometime!

- Matt -
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 1021  ~  Member Since: August 24 2008  ~  Last Visit: January 05 2020 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

lexlie
Little Six

Posted - January 24 2009 :  11:30:24 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add lexlie to Buddylist
tx guys
i knew experts like you guys would appreciate...

i plan to get it up and running as soon as i get off e-bay or i run out of money

that should be soon

PAT
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 188  ~  Member Since: January 18 2009  ~  Last Visit: June 14 2015 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

lexlie
Little Six

Posted - January 31 2009 :  9:21:00 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add lexlie to Buddylist
hey guys... in trouble again...

the marx set is rolling nicely with oil and contact cleaning..

the thing is that the set is older than i am ....

the only way i found to plug the transfo to the track is putting
the contact plate under the tracks is that the only way or should it be plugged another way???

tx in advance

PAT
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 188  ~  Member Since: January 18 2009  ~  Last Visit: June 14 2015 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

shaygetz
Big Boy

Posted - January 31 2009 :  10:28:47 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add shaygetz to Buddylist
It most likely does clip under the track, I seem to recall my old Marx tinplate set having that feature.
 Posts: 2465  ~  Member Since: April 15 2007  ~  Last Visit: December 01 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

lexlie
Little Six

Posted - February 01 2009 :  09:45:20 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add lexlie to Buddylist
ill check that out

tyvm

Ray Marinaccio
Big Boy

RayAvatar

Posted - February 01 2009 :  10:24:24 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Ray Marinaccio to Buddylist
If I remember correctly the tabs should push into the rails.
The lionel version clipped on around the rail.

Ray
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1285  ~  Member Since: December 14 2005  ~  Last Visit: May 16 2019 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

lexlie
Little Six

Posted - February 01 2009 :  1:00:07 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add lexlie to Buddylist
you can see the contact plate in the second picture up top

tx

PAT

MM 1498
Big Boy

ICRAvatar

Posted - February 01 2009 :  6:37:44 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Click to see MM 1498's MSN Messenger address  Add MM 1498 to Buddylist
Ray's got the right idea.

The little tabs should be standing up,

and they will have to be pressed into the little gaps on the underside of each rail.

Mine had to be pressed pretty hard, and don't try to put both tabs in at once. Just do one at a time.

The end result should be flat, with both tabs placed inside the rails.

By the way, are these Marx controllers any good, in terms of safety?

I've got two, one with a built-in circuit breaker and one that has an external circuit breaker.
They both hum quite loudly, and don't sound too safe.

- Matt -

Edited by - MM 1498 on February 01 2009 6:40:24 PM
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 1021  ~  Member Since: August 24 2008  ~  Last Visit: January 05 2020 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

lexlie
Little Six

Posted - February 01 2009 :  8:44:16 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add lexlie to Buddylist
Hey guys...

i knew you would get me out of trouble again...

the transfo is working quite well not much noise if you dont stick your ear to it.... runs a bit hot... i found out how to put it in reverse...

simple technology but so much fun...

guess i wont be able to sell it anymore bought some nascar cars to add to the set... different era but fun anyway....

ill try to put my hand on my father's lionel steamer he bought in new-york in 1955 he must still have it but where...ill feel like indiana jones going thru his stuff..........

tx again guys you're real pros

PAT

shaygetz
Big Boy

Posted - February 01 2009 :  9:10:10 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add shaygetz to Buddylist
Woo hoo, Matt, looks like yours got a little warm in a past life
 Posts: 2465  ~  Member Since: April 15 2007  ~  Last Visit: December 01 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

MM 1498
Big Boy

ICRAvatar

Posted - February 01 2009 :  9:24:35 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Click to see MM 1498's MSN Messenger address  Add MM 1498 to Buddylist
I just noticed that after I posted the picture, actually!

I'd have a fully functional Marx set if I could just find a working locomotive.
Weren't these things supposed to be as common as a dirty penny?!

- Matt -

Redneck Justin
Big Boy

The Young Dr.Frankenstein!

Posted - February 05 2010 :  4:02:38 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Redneck Justin to Buddylist
I ove my Marx 0-27! I take them out to Callahan RR days and 5 peple will try to make a non-refusing offerNo way! 3/4 of it was given to me and ever since...
" Heck with counting 'em rivets, TRAINS ARE FOR FUN! Not called the Mad Scientist for nothing either!"
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3145  ~  Member Since: May 07 2007  ~  Last Visit: April 04 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - February 05 2010 :  6:42:37 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
nice set & awesome find Do they make that particular type of locos in HO? Cause would be neat to copy the locos in HO
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14689  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: April 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

VintageHO
Mikado

Tyco Time

Posted - February 05 2010 :  8:18:00 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add VintageHO to Buddylist
Hi Microbusss. Marx did make the same Rock Island set in HO 1959-60. The Engine had the same number 99. I have the B unit. The A unit is somewhere. When I get time i will post Pictures of the two. Carl
Numquam Immoderatio Satis Est
(Too Much Is Never Enough )
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 632  ~  Member Since: January 23 2006  ~  Last Visit: June 21 2020 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - February 06 2010 :  12:46:00 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
well if you do post BOTH scales together
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14689  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: April 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: The Marx Hudson Topic Next Topic: Marx HO accesories  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.47 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000