Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 12 ]  [ Total: 12 ]  [ Newest Member: Rohan4301 ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 Tyco Trains
 Tyco Accessories
 Tyco 7 UP plant
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: New Kit Bash... UNION 76 + US-1 Station Topic Next Topic: TYCO LIGHTED Accessories  

Brianstyco
Big Boy

Mint Silver Streak

Posted - October 12 2008 :  12:28:22 AM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add Brianstyco to Buddylist
Here is my Tyco 7 UP plant.

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2507  ~  Member Since: January 31 2006  ~  Last Visit: October 21 2017 Alert Moderator 

Alco Fan
Big Boy

PRRGoldAvatar

Posted - October 12 2008 :  07:21:08 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Alco Fan to Buddylist
Sweet! I am way behind on getting buildings into my Tyco collection.
Thanks for sharing!

Alco Fan
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2496  ~  Member Since: August 03 2006  ~  Last Visit: December 06 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

tycoboy
Switcher

Posted - October 12 2008 :  09:51:44 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add tycoboy to Buddylist
Nice, but is that the complele model?
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 66  ~  Member Since: September 17 2007  ~  Last Visit: January 19 2011 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Mike
Big Boy

CNRAvatar

Posted - October 12 2008 :  11:05:58 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Mike to Buddylist
Wow, nice 7Up plant. Maybe we can start a "structure of the week" forum.

Mike
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 1586  ~  Member Since: December 07 2007  ~  Last Visit: April 23 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

tycoboy
Switcher

Posted - October 12 2008 :  11:31:07 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add tycoboy to Buddylist
Yes a structure of the week is a cool idea!

I have 6 tyco models done from the last few weeks. Currently working on the Stockyard #7781.

tonight i'm going to learn how to post a to the fourm....any help would be great i.e. how do you add a picture to your reply.

I think it would be nice to see other's building and what colors they used for painting kit bashing etc. New idea's are always comming.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 66  ~  Member Since: September 17 2007  ~  Last Visit: January 19 2011 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Brianstyco
Big Boy

Mint Silver Streak

Posted - October 12 2008 :  11:59:06 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Brianstyco to Buddylist
quote:
Nice, but is that the complele model?

Originally posted by tycoboy-October 12 2008: 09:51:44 AM

Tycoboy--it is complete. I built this back in 1986 wheni was in jr high school. The Tyco contemporary series are simple structures.

THANK YOU ALL FOR THE COMMENTS.

Tycoboy-- to post pictures on the forum--click on the paper clip icon-click browse-then click your pictures folder or where ever you store them. Double click your photo and screen will pop up add picture to display. click that. IMPORTANT--YOUR PHOTO'S MUST END WITH .jpg NOT .JPG.

Edited by - Brianstyco on October 12 2008 12:04:54 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2507  ~  Member Since: January 31 2006  ~  Last Visit: October 21 2017 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

ILUVBUDWSR
Hudson

fty

Posted - October 30 2008 :  02:16:03 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add ILUVBUDWSR to Buddylist
This sounds cheesy but a lot of the tyco kits I have seen dont have any windows that come with them. I found an easy solution and cheap too. the left over film that you get back from your negitives after photo processing can be used and doesnt look bad either , it gives it a tinted look and it makes it where you cant see inside all that empty space either. just an idear!
A lone amature built the ark! A large group of professionals built the titanic!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 423  ~  Member Since: September 25 2006  ~  Last Visit: November 08 2012 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

walt
Big Boy

Tyco Yum

Posted - February 19 2009 :  9:48:52 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add walt to Buddylist
I like Tyco's Buildings but they need a little (or alot) of paint detail to look good.... Here is a shot of my 7-Up building. A poor pic but I believe it's the only one I have & my buildings are boxed & stored away. Note the front sides are painted brick, roof detail in black & silver. I believe I remember painting the whole building walls the color they are. The window trim and doors around the building sides and back are detailed too. ALSO: The Tyco Drug Store & Furniture Store across the street has total paint detail. The drug Store has painted mortar between the bricks!
Walt

Luck, usually comes dressed in work clothes...
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 6279  ~  Member Since: February 18 2009  ~  Last Visit: March 04 2022 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - February 23 2009 :  8:45:00 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
heh think I have that same model except its a Life-Like N scale State Prison lol would take a pic but dunno how to do it
Edited by - microbusss on February 23 2009 8:46:28 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14689  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: April 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

walt
Big Boy

Tyco Yum

Posted - February 23 2009 :  9:52:31 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add walt to Buddylist
You are correct Microbus. Life-Like did use this model as their N scale Prison building.

Walt
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 6279  ~  Member Since: February 18 2009  ~  Last Visit: March 04 2022 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - February 24 2009 :  10:46:26 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
sorry about quality here it is! hey btw? that 7up plant should of came with a 7up sign too
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14689  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: April 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

walt
Big Boy

Tyco Yum

Posted - February 25 2009 :  05:27:08 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add walt to Buddylist
Microbus is correct again about the 7-Up sign. I dug my 7-UP building out to take a couple of pics. Looks like I should have wiped the dust off a bit Plus, I added a pic of several Tyco signs since they were all in a sandwitch bag together..

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - March 02 2009 :  5:25:52 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
neat signs got the buildings themselves?

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - March 02 2009 :  6:07:20 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
*is jealous & wants them too*

walt
Big Boy

Tyco Yum

Posted - March 02 2009 :  6:19:46 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add walt to Buddylist
Yes Midrobus, All are in this pic other than the 7-UP building which is pictured already...

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - March 02 2009 :  9:16:19 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
looking at the STOP on the 7-11 isn't it backwards? I'd think the STOP would be the opposite way facing toward the street

walt
Big Boy

Tyco Yum

Posted - March 02 2009 :  10:17:42 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add walt to Buddylist
Yes Microbus, You're right again! However, Life Like painted that on their kit... and I don't like to modify these old kits too much... IF that had been a decal, I would have applied it the the other way...

HOScale Model Railroader
Little Six

GG1 Rules

Posted - July 17 2009 :  01:05:40 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add HOScale Model Railroader to Buddylist
I know there's always been a fuss over the McDonalds kit since the moment it was yanked from the shelves due to the corporate branding rights issue - but compared to the retooled Freezee kit that took its place using slightly altered molds ... hate to say it, but I prefer the Freezee kit and it's big ice cream cone sign!

I have to admit, my Freezee kit was a pain to assemble. Typical LifeLike buildings of the 70s - parts almost fit, almost! :^)

Depending upon the mood (hungry for a Big Mac or craving a vanilla hard ice cream cone), I interchange the McDonalds kit and Freezee buildings on my layout.

Since I had two 7-Up plants, one I got without the box I just made into an HO scale version of the N Scale prison. :^)

I like caffeine and a chainsaw ...
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 141  ~  Member Since: January 06 2007  ~  Last Visit: February 05 2011 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - July 17 2009 :  08:38:44 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
I gave you the idea for a prison Didn't I HOScale Model Railroader?

HOScale Model Railroader
Little Six

GG1 Rules

Posted - July 17 2009 :  3:21:39 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add HOScale Model Railroader to Buddylist
quote:
I gave you the idea for a prison Didn't I HOScale Model Railroader?

I did that a couple years ago when I got back into the hobby .... much to the horror of a couple Tyco purists I know.

I still get chewed out by them for doing that - in their mindset, if I wanted the prison model, I should have set up a separate N scale layout and purchased that specific kit. Not convert the venerable 7-Up plant into it.

Of course, I use my kits on my layout and - well - they have theirs on a shelf in sealed display cases ... kind of sad when you stop and think about it. Those kits will never see a train go past them.

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 141  ~  Member Since: January 06 2007  ~  Last Visit: February 05 2011 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - July 17 2009 :  6:53:51 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
I see thats neat hey post a pic of it here the prison

HOScale Model Railroader
Little Six

GG1 Rules

Posted - July 25 2009 :  03:08:47 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add HOScale Model Railroader to Buddylist
It started out with a hacked out front door leaving a jagged opening on the front wall, a bad chop job on one of the loading doors, missing roof vents and signage, and the two roof tower's walls whacked off the side and rear walls. Crammed in a zip lock bag and left for dead on eBay.

A couple days later ... with some spare parts out of the kitbashing box, roof details from CAL FREIGHT, PlastStruct, and some TLC ... the 7-Up Plant is back! With updated signage courtesy of Photoshop and adhesive printer labels! :^)

After all the abuse this kit saw with someone else ... I figured it needed a new lease on life.

Brianstyco
Big Boy

Mint Silver Streak

Posted - July 25 2009 :  10:51:36 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Brianstyco to Buddylist
I like that HOSCALEMODELRAILROADER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2507  ~  Member Since: January 31 2006  ~  Last Visit: October 21 2017 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - July 25 2009 :  12:40:16 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
ME TOO ooooo that is SWEET! Say, is there a real life 1:1 building this plant is based on? Also if I found one of these I'd have you do mine the same way!

HOScale Model Railroader
Little Six

GG1 Rules

Posted - July 26 2009 :  1:45:39 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add HOScale Model Railroader to Buddylist
About 10 years ago, there was a *Pepsi* bottling plant near my home that had a front that looked like the kit, but it was a single story building. No front door, because it faced the highway - but for years you could see the bottling machinery working through the windows. Especially at night, driving past everything was lit up in the plant. Then Pepsico obscured the windows so you couldn't see in anymore. 2 Loading docks on the one side like the kit (which was fenced off because the trucks were parked on that side against the building). The back wall was solid (it was against a street - no rails to it). And the other side was solid brick with a single entrance door- where employee parking was. Aside from the front, there were no windows that I remember or any sign the building ever had windows that may have later been bricked up (it really wasn't the best part of town ...). There was no tower, just a lot of Air Conditioning units and vents. It was a smaller Pepsico facility and ultimately, they closed and moved to a higher capacity plant somewhere else in the state. Stood vacant for about 5 years, then some company moved in and modernized the building's exterior so it's not the same anymore. But every time I see the 7UP kit, it reminds me of the Pepsi plant.

HOScale Model Railroader
Little Six

GG1 Rules

Posted - July 26 2009 :  2:02:28 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add HOScale Model Railroader to Buddylist
quote:
I like that HOSCALEMODELRAILROADER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by Brianstyco-July 25 2009: 10:51:36 AM

Heh heh. Again, my "Tyco Purist" friends at first gasped in horror, because I had modified an original Tyco kit. They calmed down when I told them what the original owner had done to the kit with a hack saw. Then they were happy I saved the kit from the trash bin.

Truthfully, with old AHM, Tyco, Lifelike kits - I build them the way they're pictured on the box without modification. The only kits I "modify" are ones that someone else damaged that find their way to me. There's a lot of people out there in the hobby that should just stick to Pre-Built kits and leave the hack sawing to someone else. :^) A 10" carbide tip radial arm saw blade is good for woodworking, but not necessarily the right tool for cutting HO scale parts off plastic sprues!

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - July 26 2009 :  11:18:14 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
well I'd STILL have you do my 7up plant the same way HOScale Model Railroader I ain't no Tyco Purist I think your modification is sweet! & would have you do one like my N scale prison except in HO

wks
Big Boy

parrot2015

Posted - March 25 2021 :  09:52:12 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wks to Buddylist

"Here is my Tyco 7 UP plant."

Originally posted by Brianstyco on October 12 2008 at 12:28 AM.

The Uncola.

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 5871  ~  Member Since: February 12 2014  ~  Last Visit: April 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - March 25 2021 :  12:03:16 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
I still want one!!

walt
Big Boy

Tyco Yum

Posted - March 25 2021 :  3:55:08 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add walt to Buddylist
quote:
I still want one!!

Originally posted by microbusss - March 25 2021 :  12:03:16 PM

This thread is from 2008 and you still don't have this common building?

wks
Big Boy

parrot2015

Posted - March 25 2021 :  5:54:07 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wks to Buddylist

"I still want one!"

Originally posted by microbus on March 25 2021 at 12:03 pm.

Just drop in at your local grocery Ben.

The Uncola.

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 5871  ~  Member Since: February 12 2014  ~  Last Visit: April 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - March 25 2021 :  10:46:33 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
quote:
quote:
I still want one!!

Originally posted by microbusss - March 25 2021 :  12:03:16 PM

This thread is from 2008 and you still don't have this common building?

Originally posted by walt - March 25 2021 :  3:55:08 PM

no I do not
can't find one & can't do Ebay anyway

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - December 15 2021 :  9:01:57 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
ok ok I got one today at 6am MST!

the lighting is missing!

walt
Big Boy

Tyco Yum

Posted - December 15 2021 :  9:36:20 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add walt to Buddylist
HOOORAY!! 13 years later, you finally got the 7UP building!!!

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - December 16 2021 :  09:03:05 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
quote:
HOOORAY!! 13 years later, you finally got the 7UP building!!!

Originally posted by walt - December 15 2021 :  9:36:20 PM

been longer than that I wanted one
next I think I want Pizza Hut

walt
Big Boy

Tyco Yum

Posted - December 16 2021 :  4:48:46 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add walt to Buddylist
The Pizza Hut sells for a higher price often... They don't seem to show up at train shows etc.

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - December 16 2021 :  9:13:08 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
Congrats busss!
"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in Heaven." - Matthew 5:16

Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/rpmodelrailroads

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/rp_model_railroads/
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 4669  ~  Member Since: August 11 2017  ~  Last Visit: July 20 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - December 17 2021 :  7:24:20 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
quote:

Originally posted by HOScale Model Railroader - July 25 2009 :  03:08:47 AM

if only I could get this guy to make me all that

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - December 18 2021 :  05:45:32 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11193  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 21 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: New Kit Bash... UNION 76 + US-1 Station Topic Next Topic: TYCO LIGHTED Accessories  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.22 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000